Cant deny I am addicted!!!

Rainger

Reaction score
to every video, write up, post about the demise of RW and the Denver Broncos and the emergence of Geno and an offence that looks great!

I was a PC groupie long before I was an RW groupie. I bought his book and read it cover to cover twice. I went through all the highs and the lows of their relationship and what it did to my beloved Hawks.

But nothing is giving me more vindication and satisfaction than the evidence that PC was the solution and RW became the problem!

Don't get me wrong! I still love what RW did to be part of giving Seattle a SB, but the game became all about him and not Seattle and now I am addicted to the gut satisfaction feelings inside that vindicate, PC, Jodi, JS, the OCs and the players who gave their all for this team.

And to all you .netters who stuck with the TEAM over fantasy.

Last edited:

schkoot

Reaction score
I didn't like either PC or RW for a a few years. I had some small respect for the beastquake game, but was embarrassed by the 7-9.

In 2012, I was pissed about RW getting the start over Flynn.

It seemed impetuous to me at the time; Play the vet for a year or two and bring the new guy in later.

But that Defense...

By 2013, I was in awe of what PC had built and RW seemed to have actual magical abilities.

Once we threw THAT pick I expected it to humble RW and for him to take a relatively team friendly deal. In my mind, RW was all about team first and winning. The big-for-its-time deal came out and I was jaded with RW.

But we still looked good-ish I figured we'd be back on track soon enough when we drafted replacements for the LOB/Lynch.

Rawls made the future without BM look promising. But it was short-lived.

All the while, I argued on social media sites against making RW the key focus vs re-tooling the defense. I was laughed at and called a fool. I grew to hate RW, not because of him, but because of the cult of personality that surrounded him.

As time went on, we got slowly worse, and I actively started to dislike RW. He had bought into the idea that seemed alien to me. He viewed himself, not a critical component to a very efficient machine, but as the sole reason for the Seahawks success.

I wanted him out. I DGAF if we sucked because of it, but because we could test his claims when he got to another team.

I got my wish. And now my hunch has shown to be likely correct (for now).
SO YEAH, I ENJOY SEEING RUSS LOSE NOW. At any point before, he could have eaten a bit of humble pie and restructured to bring in talent.

But he didn't. So F'em.

Last edited: