Cap Situation with Beast Mode's Farewell.

SirTed

Reaction score
Can the Seahawks "recoup" the money from the signing bonus, and make a timely, eerily similar donation to the Fam First Foundation?

Polaris

Reaction score
SirTed":3brogldk said:
Can the Seahawks "recoup" the money from the signing bonus, and make a timely, eerily similar donation to the Fam First Foundation?

I doubt it. The NFL tends to really frown on attempts to circumvent the salary cap (as in taking away draft-picks frown).

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1qdhzr2e said:
SixSeahawk":1qdhzr2e said:
Nothinbutm":1qdhzr2e said:
I know everyone is misty eyed about Marshawn calling it a career, he left a hell of a highlight reel and finally was partially responsible for bringing home the Lombardi, but now that he's has retired, will there be any dead money left over from his contract or does it eliminate all residuals and obligations from it?

If he retired, he made a great decision for the team so we can allocate it elsewhere.

"Partially"?

He was the offense.
No, he wasn't.

Without Wilson we don't win a damn thing.

Without Baldwin, Tate (previously) we don't win a damn thing.

Besides, he had 15 carries for 39 yards in our super bowl victory. He played like crap. He was among our worst players on offense.

Just because the guy retired doesn't mean people need to revise history and exaggerate what he did.

If Marshawn Lynch "WAS the offense" then we would have zero championships.

Thank God Lynch wasn't our offense.

Obviously it's a generalization because you need a team to win but he was the most important piece.

You get to the Super Bowl twice with or without Russell but not without Lynch. "RUN FIRST" offence.

If anyone's revising, it's you.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2h6awu4f said:
SixSeahawk":2h6awu4f said:
Nothinbutm":2h6awu4f said:
I know everyone is misty eyed about Marshawn calling it a career, he left a hell of a highlight reel and finally was partially responsible for bringing home the Lombardi, but now that he's has retired, will there be any dead money left over from his contract or does it eliminate all residuals and obligations from it?

If he retired, he made a great decision for the team so we can allocate it elsewhere.

"Partially"?

He was the offense.
No, he wasn't.

Without Wilson we don't win a damn thing.

Without Baldwin, Tate (previously) we don't win a damn thing.

Besides, he had 15 carries for 39 yards in our super bowl victory. He played like crap. He was among our worst players on offense.

Just because the guy retired doesn't mean people need to revise history and exaggerate what he did.

If Marshawn Lynch "WAS the offense" then we would have zero championships.

Thank God Lynch wasn't our offense.

“We know the formula that we have put in place is if Marshawn wins the MVP then we have done our job on offense,” Baldwin said last year before the Super Bowl. “He means everything to this offense. I don't know where we would be without Marshawn Lynch. He is the engine. He is the heart and soul of this offense. Everything runs through him. Despite what everyone wants to think, Marshawn Lynch is this offense. I don't know what else to say about that.”

I think you lost this argument buddy.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I very much doubt the team will try to recapture the $5 mil of ML's prorated bonus.

It'll be a sort of golden parachute as the team will hold his rights until 2017.

I must admit that recouping the $5 mil would be nice, and the idea of making an offsetting charitable donation to the Fam First foundation is an interesting idea but likely would be seen as flouting the cap rules. I wonder if anyone knows the the answer to this idea? It certainly would be helpful to the team, capwise.