Cards Fan Here

pmedic920

Reaction score
CardsForever":8gg1b4nc said:
I just had to come in here and say hats off to Seattle. That was probably the most dominant performance on defense I have seen all year. With their backs against the wall they totally delivered and are alive and well in the NFC. They played like Super Bowl Champions today.

I was really disappointed in Drew Stanton. I wanted to see how he would respond to adversity and it wasn't a pretty sight. The lack of a running game has completely caught up with this team. To me this was simply an unacceptable loss for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. Not once did Seattle lose a game in this fashion last year. My only hope as a Cards fan is that this embarrassing loss will somehow serve them well going forward.

You are ok in my book.
We get visitors from time to time, some even start a classy thread before a match up.

Very few return after getting beat.
My hat is off to you.
I refuse to wish your team good luck in the next meeting but my hat is off to you.
:{)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RiverDog":2cx3m1is said:
CardsForever":2cx3m1is said:
I just had to come in here and say hats off to Seattle. That was probably the most dominant performance on defense I have seen all year. With their backs against the wall they totally delivered and are alive and well in the NFC. They played like Super Bowl Champions today.

I was really disappointed in Drew Stanton. I wanted to see how he would respond to adversity and it wasn't a pretty sight. The lack of a running game has completely caught up with this team. To me this was simply an unacceptable loss for a team with Super Bowl aspirations. Not once did Seattle lose a game in this fashion last year. My only hope as a Cards fan is that this embarrassing loss will somehow serve them well going forward.

We didn't have any two score losses last year, but we damn sure had some very ugly wins, including the Tampa Bay game and the first Rams game.

Getting Wagner back was huge. He's the reason we were able to stuff the run. IMO he's the most underrated player on our defense. Cam's being healthy didn't hurt, either.

KKKKKKKKKam!!!! The C guy plays for the Panthers. :177692:

olyfan63

Reaction score
CardsForever":2jb01wxq said:

The book on Stanton is that he's less accurate than Palmer, and not as good at reads as Palmer. The book seems to be accurate. Today, his receivers had several drops that were crucial, including a TD drop.

It seemed like Seattle's strategy was to challenge Stanton to beat them. He couldn't consistently get it done. At least, not without Larry Fitzgerald. John Brown was sure impressive, though.

Today the Cards offense was a smoke-and-mirrors deal that got exposed against the now-outstanding Seattle defense. Seattle's smoke-and-mirrors offense got exposed too, against the Cards equally outstanding defense, but the difference is we have Russell Wilson to make Houdini plays.

I think most likely Arizona goes 2-3 the rest of the way, with Stanton at QB, and winds up 11-5. That may or may not be good enough for the NFC West Division Championship.

It's remotely possible that AZ could go 1-5, and miss the playoffs at 10-6, but the AZ defense & special teams, and getting Fitz back, I can't see that happening. And 3-2 is a real possibility for a team with a defense that good and a team that overall opportunistic. I don't see teams scoring that much against that excellent AZ defense, so if AZ connects on some deep shots and general opportunistic play, they will be in a lot of close games.

I see the Cards losing to Seattle and KC, and having 50-50 games at St. Louis and at 49ers. There's a small possibility of losing at Atlanta too. I don't see better than 3-2, nor worse than 2-3.

The division title is still there for the Hawks if they win out, or win 4 out of 5, including the 2nd Cards game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pmedic920":sxevpynv said:
You are ok in my book.
We get visitors from time to time, some even start a classy thread before a match up.

Very few return after getting beat.
My hat is off to you.
I refuse to wish your team good luck in the next meeting but my hat is off to you.
:{)

+1 to all of this.

King Dog

Reaction score
HansGruber":1zyh1x9i said:
King Dog":1zyh1x9i said:
HansGruber":1zyh1x9i said:
I think the cardinals are going to win the superbowl this season regardless of what happens tomorrow.

And welcome to the board.

With Stanton? Lol

Stanton has looked a whole hell of a lot better than Palmer. When I hear people dogging on Stanton, I just realize I'm talking to someone who hasn't watched the guy play. Got a criticism? Let's hear it. INTs? Yeah, that's really had a negative impact. As the Cards continue beating the snot out of team after team.
I stand by my original comment.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":g8smm1u1 said:
Oh, one more question Hans. Same disclaimer, answer it intelligently.

What was the fatal flaw in my logic?
So, you're asking HG to do a Psych. Eval. on you?, or are you attempting to TRY and belittle?
At this point in the Season, and the way the Seahawks played today, there's no guarantee that a healthy Palmer does a whole lot better than Stanton did today, NOR, was there any CERTAINTY that he would have scored more points either.
Trying to pump up Palmers possible gamesmanship against the reality of the Seahawks Kick-Ass Defense is pure conjecture.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2wh91nbz said:
MidwestHawker":2wh91nbz said:
Oh, one more question Hans. Same disclaimer, answer it intelligently.

What was the fatal flaw in my logic?

So, you're asking HG to do a Psych. Eval. on you?, or are you attempting to TRY and belittle?
At this point in the Season, and the way the Seahawks played today, there's no guarantee that a healthy Palmer does a whole lot better than Stanton did today, NOR, was there any CERTAINTY that he would have scored more points either.
Trying to pump up Palmers possible gamesmanship against the reality of the Seahawks Kick-Ass Defense is pure conjecture.

He explicitly referenced my "terrible logic." Seems fair game to ask a guy what he means by that, no? A "psych eval" has nothing to do with it.

Early indications are that he's not going to return and answer for himself though.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
CardsForever":1cqb93wu said:

Welcome back!

Playing in Seattle is REALLY REALLY hard. Playing in Seattle when the defense is basically healthy and playing well? Impossible.

Cardinals have a damn good team but I think they need to rely on Ellington even more. Maybe lose another game or two so the next Hawks matchup at your place is for the division ;).

Please hang around, a good Cardinals fan who wants to talk football is always welcome!

OP
OP
C

CardsForever

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2gvoq8sh said:
CardsForever":2gvoq8sh said:

Welcome back!

Playing in Seattle is REALLY REALLY hard. Playing in Seattle when the defense is basically healthy and playing well? Impossible.

Cardinals have a damn good team but I think they need to rely on Ellington even more. Maybe lose another game or two so the next Hawks matchup at your place is for the division ;).

Please hang around, a good Cardinals fan who wants to talk football is always welcome!

I feel like Arizona has a really good home field advantage...But Century Link is insane. Honestly it's even a bit overwhelming watching the game on tv and listening to the volume of that place...I can only imagine what it's like to be an opposing offense on that field.

Russell Wilson is a stud. He extended plays time and time again and IMO played mistake free football. Cards must keep the foot on the gas pedal in order to win this division.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CardsForever":3op2xte3 said:
SonicHawk":3op2xte3 said:
CardsForever":3op2xte3 said:

Welcome back!

I feel like Arizona has a really good home field advantage...But Century Link is insane. Honestly it's even a bit overwhelming watching the game on tv and listening to the volume of that place...I can only imagine what it's like to be an opposing offense on that field.

Russell Wilson is a stud. He extended plays time and time again and IMO played mistake free football. Cards must keep the foot on the gas pedal in order to win this division.

Seriously, feel free to come back. I dig talking intelligent football with other fan bases, I like the different perspective. And don't feel like you have to kiss our ass or anything.....like any other fan football forum, we'll cannibalize ourselves and eat our young around here if people criticize the Hawks. I'd prefer an honest opinion.

We even have a few halfway intelligent 49ers fans that hang out here. They have thick skin though. :twisted: