Cards sign CFL sack leader Tristan Okpalaugo

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":7t9guopk said:
bjornanderson21":7t9guopk said:
The seahawks NEED some cheap players.

If he can stick as rotational/situational depth then that is already an improvement.

I'm curious how he got his sacks. Was it with an actual pass rushing move, or was it from second effort.

Even after 4 years Bruce Irvin never learned any pass rushing moves. Almost every sack came from the OL missing an assignment or Irvin making a 2nd effort after failing on his first.

I'm assuming this guy actually has some moves.

I think any discussion on Irvin's development as a pass rusher needs to take into account his initial role as being developed into a LEO, compared to his conversion and roles relative to playing SAM in this scheme.

Also doesn't take into account the attention Bruce demands. He does get attention from opposing offenses when hes rushing. He also gets held...alot...like alot, alot.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3m4ed9ie said:
Well, they have a proven track record because they turned Browner into an NFL starter. Could give them a leg up in getting him to sign in Seattle. Would be nice to turn another CFL stud into an NFL starter.

Definitely thought that with how Browner turned out that they would have been able to land Delvin Breaux. If PCJS arrive 1 year earlier I bet they would have landed Wake given the opening at the LEO position and that he was playing in Vancouver.

The CFL player they need to land though when he becomes available is John Ojo, CB, Edmonton.

kearly

Reaction score
King Dog":tk0g5jl1 said:
kearly":tk0g5jl1 said:
What little I can find of him reminds me of Benson Mayowa.

That's encouraging. Thanks

Well, Mayowa has 2 sacks in 30 career games. So it would be nice if Okpalaugo was a lot better than Mayowa. I just think their styles are kind of similar.

chet380

Reaction score
Be careful of comparisons -- Cameron Wake was a super-star in the CFL and this guy, not so much.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cardinals lock him up.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/700836124701302784[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":1vrip5u9 said:
Overseasfan":1vrip5u9 said:
Well let's hope he's a bust then haha.

I watched some film of him. He sucks. Big time.

Glad I read Ali the way to the end before formulating an opinion of my own. He's a Cardinal? Definite bust, just like that Walter Matheau guy that plays safety for them. :p

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":34x3r17y said:
Cardinals lock him up.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/700836124701302784[/tweet]

Princess Arians be kissin' some frogs & tryin' to find his Prince. :16:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Love how our FO's 'due diligence' makes chumps like Keim pounce.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I put very little relevance in CFL stats! Nice they kick the tires but there is usually a reason they are playing in Canada!

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":18kbscj6 said:
bjornanderson21":18kbscj6 said:
The seahawks NEED some cheap players.

If he can stick as rotational/situational depth then that is already an improvement.

I'm curious how he got his sacks. Was it with an actual pass rushing move, or was it from second effort.

Even after 4 years Bruce Irvin never learned any pass rushing moves. Almost every sack came from the OL missing an assignment or Irvin making a 2nd effort after failing on his first.

I'm assuming this guy actually has some moves.

I genuinely wonder if you think any Seahawk ever has done anything positive.
Of course, but unlike MOST PEOPLE i try to accurately judge people.

You can go ahead and be a fan who thinks every seahawk is the greatest, meanwhile i will judge them fairly and accurately.

Sherman, thomas, chancellor, lynch, wilson, wagner, baldwin have been awesome for us for quite a while.
Benner and Avril have been awesome for a few years.

Irvin was an above-average LB and a poor DE.

Sorry that you are only capable of being a fan that is blindly faithful. Unlike you I am better than that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He'll get a lot more playing time in Arizona than he would in Seattle. The Cards have a couple pass rushers that will be collecting Social Security soon while the Seahawks have Avril and Bennett. Makes sense that he would choose a team that he could actually be starting for VERY SOON.