carolina wins: Hows that effect Homefield advantage?

C-Dub

Reaction score
JGreen79":sjs6zu38 said:
If we win all four if our remaining home games and lose the two road games we'll take HFA.
Wow!!!! That's awesome.

So....
NO would lose the tiebreaker if they win out (aside from our game).
SF would be a game back even if they win out.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
9 ers and saints still have to play each other too. Somebody's getting another loss.

JGreen79

Reaction score
C-Dub":2oir9r2a said:
JGreen79":2oir9r2a said:
If we win all four if our remaining home games and lose the two road games we'll take HFA.
Wow!!!! That's awesome.

So....
NO would lose the tiebreaker if they win out (aside from our game).
SF would be a game back even if they win out.

I was hasty and forgot about Detroit... SEA,NO,DET all end up 13-3 NO gets 1 seed and the 2 seed comes down to strength of victory between Sea and Det

vonstout

Reaction score
Besides DAL tonight, NO still has 2 against CAR, STL on the road, SF and us. They could easily lose 2 or 3 more games.

If Rodgers is out for the Thanksgiving game, Det may be our biggest threat to HFA.

Barakas

Reaction score
It's HUGE! It means that if we win the next three games, with the 3rd game being the one in SF, it will mean that we clinch NFC West Division champs on the 49ers field and that would be priceless!

We'd probably also clinch HFA at the same time as well...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kmedic":3qdb79lo said:
Huge huge loss for the Whiners. Is was pretty much who could blink first between us and them and they just did big time in ugly fashion at home. Where's Trent Dilfer now??
And where's that puke Steve Young? And when is Jaworski gonna come on saying how Krapperdink is gonna be a HOFer? You know what, I don't care. They can get all the yapping from the douchebag talking heads, we'll take the wins.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
It means that if the Seahawks win all of their home games and beat the Giants on the road, they will have the number one seed no matter what happens in the game @SF.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As posted above, it makes it so that one of the following 100% has to happen:
1) We lose a home game; or
2) We play in the Super Bowl.

I like our odds of #2 a lot more after today.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Oh, Detroit. I was counting them out (with good reason), but yeah that keeps what I just posted from being a mathematical certainty. It's close though.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
The lions probably are secretly one of the biggest threats to the number one seed. The Saints play the Panthers twice, and the Saints and 49ers play each other. However, the Lions only have 3 losses and have a junk schedule remaining.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2kxvyua1 said:

What about if SF wins out and SEA loses on the road @SF and @NYG?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pocketprotector":2oeer9j9 said:
MidwestHawker":2oeer9j9 said:

We win the tiebreak at that point because we have a better record against common opponents thanks to our win over Carolina and their loss to the same team. The fact that the Giants aren't on SF's schedule makes that the least important game remaining as far as tiebreakers are concerned.

C-Dub

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":83ug7xuv said:
pocketprotector":83ug7xuv said:
MidwestHawker":83ug7xuv said:

We win the tiebreak at that point because we have a better record against common opponents thanks to our win over Carolina and their loss to the same team. The fact that the Giants aren't on SF's schedule makes that the least important game remaining as far as tiebreakers are concerned.
SEA, DET, NO, CAR and SF could all end up 13-3.

***NO and SF play each other. NO and CAR play each other twice.

CAR can win the division if they win out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
We'd hold the tiebreaker to SF from common games assuming we end up tied and lose to them.

The five scenarios are 1. DET, NO, SEA , 2. DET, SEA if SF beat NO, 3. DET, CAR, SEA , 4. NO, SEA, and 5. CAR, SEA.

According to 1:
NO would have the best conference record. With SEA and DET having lost 2 within conference. SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa).

According to 2:
SEA would have tiebreaker over Detroit with common games (Arizona [Detroit loss], Vikings, New York, Tampa). But if SEA loses to NYG, then DET has tiebreaker over SEA with SOV.

According to 3:
SEA would have tiebreaker from best conference record. But if SEA loses to NYG, then DET and CAR have tiebreaker over SEA with SOV.

According to 4:
SEA would have tiebreaker if they beat NO and vice versa.

According to 5:
SEA would have tiebreaker.

plyka

Reaction score
Frohawk25360":2q519dci said:
what does that do for the hawks home field advantage

Today's results show just how good the hawks are. Remember the rams beat Indy. I guess it wasn't such a piece of cake team lil. And Carolina beat the 49ers, I guess the hawks win earlier in the season wasn't such a piece of cake win lol.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As Wilson says, 1-0 each week is the goal...Every game is a championship game...The rest will take care of itself.

9 and 1.

Wow.

bigwrm

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":22y26715 said:
pocketprotector":22y26715 said:
MidwestHawker":22y26715 said:

But if SF wins out and we lose to them and NO, then we'd have the same record against common opponents and in conference games so SF could potentially win the tiebreaker at 13-3 based on strength of victory. Do I have that hypothetical right?