Carson Palmer gets 3-year $50 million Extension (Twitter)

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Palmer looked done in Oakland (I know, its Oakland), but still...

He has done a great job turning his career around and getting a nice payday out of it. Arians and the Cardinals have done wonders for Carson Palmer's career. He is lucky he wasn't forced to retire after his stint with the Raiders.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":j2yp9jdf said:
hawknation2014":j2yp9jdf said:
Hey, Arians turned around the Colts midseason (going 9-3), won ten games with a Cardinals team that hadn't had a winning season since 2009, and now he somehow has them in first place despite a torrent of injuries.

Got to have some respect for that.
I do, but I can't stand the "He just wins!" mindset. :D
Why? Given it's true. Basically he's the best head coach in the NFL no question currently without serious question in my opinion. Dude actually has a set offensively unlike Pete and knows defense nearly as well as Pete in the bargain.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14ifuiph said:
Maelstrom787":14ifuiph said:
A little over $20 million guaranteed, I heard. None past 2015. Love this deal for the Cardinals.
If this is accurate, yeah, great deal for the Cards overall.

Just looked it up. Guaranteed $20.5 million through 2015.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
What is Carson Palmer's play off record again? :stirthepot:

LMAO!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1ebtnhtm said:
RolandDeschain":1ebtnhtm said:
Maelstrom787":1ebtnhtm said:
A little over $20 million guaranteed, I heard. None past 2015. Love this deal for the Cardinals.
If this is accurate, yeah, great deal for the Cards overall.

Just looked it up. Guaranteed $20.5 million through 2015.
About what he's worth on today's market and considering how he's performed this year. I mean you see 50 MILLION being breathlessly reported and you're like "seriously?". The you realize, "wait, this is the NFL.....what's the guaranteed coin?".

Cards did well to have the contract only run through next season and Carson got one more good sized payday. Everyone wins. Now feel free to throw the Seahawks some picks on 11/23 and 12/2 Carson. Don't hold back, let 'em fly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31wx1w9b said:
What is Carson Palmer's play off record again? :stirthepot:

LMAO!!

Arians is used to it, he had Manning after all, and this offense like Indy is set up to take advantage of his ability to read and throw, not his athleticism much like Manning.

kearly

Reaction score
Palmer and Arians are a great fit together and this deal is a no brainer under normal circumstances. I'm guessing there are details in the contract that give the team an easy out if Palmer is injured, or Palmer might have promised them to retire if his injuries get too extreme. It seems a safe assumption I think.

I hate that the Cardinals are where they are with a statistically average team, and I hate that this hugely over-rated team might host their own SB. But I have to admit, there is something cool about seeing this season happen to long suffering Cardinals fans. The Detroit Lions of the West. And to Carson Palmer, who's had to put up with so much shit over his career... until now.

ringless

Reaction score
It's a great deal with only 20 million in guarantees! I'm pretty stoked. It will allow us some time to hopefully find his replacement. I think he still has 3 years left in the tank for sure... Just look how long QB's play until.

Since wk 8 of ‘2013, no NFL QB has better win % than Carson Palmer: 12-2 while throwing for 3,918 yds-27 TDs-11 INTs-97.5 rating, good for best in the division over the last year. (4 of those interceptions were in one game as well)

Palmer was put in a lot of bad situations in Cinci as well as Oakland and still put up above average numbers. He is no Kurt Warner, or even a top tier QB.... But I think as long as the defense can perform at a top 10 level, and the offense can be top 15 that's never a bad situation to have. Great signing, manageable money considering DT's and CB's are signing 100 million dollar contracts these days in comparison.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ku359cd said:
This is why I thought it was funny when peeps went all nuts about Kaps $$$$.

In a few years, that contract is going to be middle of the road. Wilson, Newton, Luck....all those guys will easily eclipse it both in total $$$ and structure.

As for Palmer....I think he'll be hurt again before the year is out.

WOW.

I didn't expect to be right that quickly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I betcha Steve Keim wishes he could do some Edge of Tomorrow time resetting magic and hang up on Palmer's agent last week.

byau

Reaction score
Stanton did admirably as his backup for a few games.

That being said, not sure Stanton is built to be the starter for the rest of the season. But it's not like Palmer would be a QB you'd list in your top 10 best QBs. The Cardinals are a built team and right now they're still the team to beat in the NFC

HawkFan72

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3z70bnld said:
What is freaky is that he did the same thing when he signed his first big contract.

Yeah that is bizarre. He signed his first big contract and 10 days later blew out his ACL. He signs this contract and then 3 days later does the same thing. Very freaky.