Cary Williams on his Seattle Signing

Popeyejones

Reaction score
BlueBlood":zfazdszb said:
This dude is gonna bring his a game. Look at his combine numbers.

His combine numbers from 2008? That was seven years ago. I mean, he's never really done anything of note in his pro-career so I can see going back to the combine for that reason, but if the veteran combine taught us anything, it's that thinking about players in their 30s in relation to their combine numbers is the wrong way to go about it.

I think he'll be successful in Seattle (IMO practically anyone could be in that scheme and surrounded by pro-bowl and all-pro talent in the secondary), but that has less to do with him than with the situation IMO.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Color me skeptical. He has done little to inspire confidence throughout his career.

I get what people are saying about the system but I'll believe it when I see it when it comes Williams.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is a very good stat:

"Mr. Reliable

Cary Williams has played the most snaps of any defensive back and second-most of any defensive player in the past four seasons. He hasn't missed a game during that span.

Most Defensive Snaps Played
Since 2011
Player Snaps
D'Qwell Jackson 4,139
Cary Williams* 4,138
Antrel Rolle 4,118
Michael Griffin 4,101"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12414 ... hia-eagles

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think he will benefit from the LOB and play very close to what Max gave us. Excited about seeing him this year.