Catastrophic loss

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
RCATES said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit. /quote]

You a new fan? I don't try to judge based on account date but yeah this isn't the glory days of 2014.

We haven't lost three games in a row in the same season since 2011

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RCATES":1f4a332m said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit. Bunch of internet keyboard warriors.

Is it at all possible that maybe the loss motivates them?

I mean they did look really strong towards the end of the game. If not for many ticky tacky and questionable calls they looked like they were dominating offensively and defensively. Hell even special teams had a block in the back the pulled them from starting the overtime drive on the 41.

My gut feeling is this is the type of loss that motivates, not deflates a team.

Unless you really want to see them implode (like most 9er fans) then I'm not sure why you would assume the worst.

Are you a secret 49er fan? Based on your posting history, if .Net were giving odds, I don't think they would be in your favor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Downward spiral? You mean like how they are going to be in the playoffs? Yeah, how horrible.
The only "Catastrophic loss" would be to lose to Arizona.

Boycie

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1a91bf7k said:
We probably can make it in with an 8-8 record. Just need a loss by the Eagles, Redskins and Carolina down the stretch or a victory,

This is what is has come too now?

Seriously guys, that Niner game was a trap game and even some of you around here predicted it.

We just got punched in the mouth and that was the wake up call that we needed.

I don't know if we will take down the Chiefs, but we are going to beat the Cards, and we will be in the playoffs!

Seymour

Reaction score
Well Sherman punched Carson in the back after he was down already.....so there is that. :snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
Here is a Catastrophic Loss for ya!! :twisted:

[youtube]fL0L3vZmLZE[/youtube]

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Mad Dog":k0cica8o said:
We probably can make it in with an 8-8 record. Just need a loss by the Eagles, Redskins and Carolina down the stretch or a victory,

Also realize that the Eagles and Redskins end the year against each other. The Redskins also play the Titans this week (tough). The Eagles play the Texans this week (even tougher) Carolina has to play New Orleans again on the road.

There's a strong possibility that each of those teams lose 1 or both of their final games.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
RCATES":3plbz81o said:
This team was 8-5 last year when they self destructed down the stretch. I have very little faith going forward. Arizona came in here last year with a even worse team and won last year on New Years. Offense looks stale and has zero chance of moving the ball without gimmick plays. If the run game struggles we’re toast. Hurry up Offense is god awful. #Elite

[youtube]PcGwkyzmPmA[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RCATES":373f8k0x said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit.

You keep comparing this loss to what happened last year, and I don't get that comparison.

Last year's team was an aging injured mess of a team that was unmotivated and dysfunctional hobbling into December.

This is a young motivated team on the rise fighting for a playoff spot when every predicted they wouldn't even be in this position.

Couldn't be a more polar opposite............and even if god forbid we lose the last two games and miss the playoffs, this team still exceeded most expectations and has given us plenty of hope for the future.

And this is the WORST case scenario. Best is making the playoffs and seeing if we can make some noise, of which as of today is a 99% probability. I'm no math major, but I think that's pretty good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dang, where's my "he's right you know" Morgan Freeman Meme when I need it?

This season has been a hell of a pleasant surprise. We are right on the doorstep of the playoffs. I don't give a rats behind HOW we get in, as long as we get in. 5 Seed would be great, but you won't hear me complaining with a 6.

12 Teams out of 32 in the dance, and this team, that was expected by most to be pretty bad in the playoffs???
I fail to see how this is anything but a positive. And in what world is losing a game in game #14 catastrophic, when you don't even lose your playoff seeding? You could go around the league and make that claim for good teams losing to crap teams. This is the NFL, suck it up and stop being such a little whiner.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cm8c9wmi said:
RCATES":cm8c9wmi said:
Going to be fun to look back at this thread. In Catastrophic I mean the downward spiral this loss is going to have on this team. But like always keep talking shit. Bunch of internet keyboard warriors.

You keep comparing this loss to what happened last year, and I don't get that comparison.

Last year's team was an aging injured mess of a team that was unmotivated and dysfunctional hobbling into December.

This is a young motivated team on the rise fighting for a playoff spot when every predicted they wouldn't even be in this position.

Couldn't be a more polar opposite............and even if god forbid we lose the last two games and miss the playoffs, this team still exceeded most expectations and has given us plenty of hope for the future.

And this is the WORST case scenario. Best is making the playoffs and seeing if we can make some noise, of which as of today is a 99% probability. I'm no math major, but I think that's pretty good.
Pretty sure it's the same as when people insist on comparing a season to the "Superb Owl season". When people see any kind of similarities line up, they are drawn to make comparisons and then expect the same results. It's a fan habit I hate. You will always hear fans of any team use that "it's just like the championship year" phrase. There is absolutely NO season that this season can be simply because the team is different.

Every year is different for different reasons but different nonetheless.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very good point right there. This is a completely different team, has zero to do with past teams. Every year is different, there are comparisons to previous years in some ways, but at the same time a comparison can often set up major disappointment.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I would be worried it would be just like last year if:
-Bevell and Cable were still running the offence and we'd have no running game nor ability to protect Russ
-No offence to the Chiefs but the Rams coming to Seattle was a much worse matchup with the way their defensive front wins the matchup and the way Gurley was playing late in the year.
-Damn Bruce Ariens and his uncanny ability to lead the Cards to win in Seattle
-Injured Bobby Wagner playing on a bad hammy

Since none of those things are happening, I don't expect the spiral. Losing to the Chiefs can happen but like someone said, a loss to the Cards would be catastrophic, not this past one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Did we lose to what most consider a inferior team yes.

Did we lose a chance to the playoffs? No

Was the game situation dictated by bad calls that cost us chances to Win ? Yes

Did we hurt ourselves during the game? Yes

Is this another learning experience for a team in rebuild mode? Yes

Losing out on the playoffs, losing a bunch of key players, that could be considered Catastrophic , losing how we did is just upsetting but most here feel we will make it up in the next two games.