CBS sports guy embarassed about Lynch's media day antics

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
The media is embarrassing. Love that he pissed them off....they deserve it. They are all scum.

razgriz737

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3s4lgvfp said:
Soon there were about 50 of us just standing there, watching him watch us. It was a stalemate of stupid.

"Some job we have, huh?" the Kansas City Star's Sam Mellinger muttered to me.

"Humiliating," I whispered back.

You're spending a Tuesday afternoon in a sports arena recording quotes from superstar athletes. And getting paid for it. Get a sense of freakin' perspective. This is an embarrassing exchange, and I'm shocked someone would be dumb enough to publish it in their own article.
Seriously. If anything, I'm embarrassed for this guy for writing and submitting something as ridiculous as this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2epu8rpp said:
The media is embarrassing. Love that he pissed them off....they deserve it. They are all scum.

Yep. They crucify Richard Sherman for being himself and not giving canned answers after winning the biggest game of his life to date.. and now they crucify Marshawn Lynch for NOT talking..

Make up your mind guys.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":avz323qp said:
ImTheScientist":avz323qp said:

Yep. They crucify Richard Sherman for being himself and not giving canned answers after winning the biggest game of his life to date.. and now they crucify Marshawn Lynch for NOT talking..

Make up your mind guys.
It's like they can't see the the problem they themselves are creating. If you want players to be entertaining and cooperative, don't create a s***storm everytime one of them actually is.

hawker84

Reaction score
In that story is a link where Prisco list the top 40 starters for the SB in order of importance. #1 of course was Manning, i believe we had 5 defensive players in the top 6, Wilson was 14th, tate and baldwin where in the 30's and low and behold absolutely no mention of Avril or Bennett? Yet Clemons was on there? I lose respect for this dude more and more each time i read one of his articles seems like.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2cf205rb said:
That is hilarious. Reporters get pretty damn mad when the guy just spoke more words than in the last 4 years combined.

This particular guy, Doyel, implies Lynch is selfish for not interviewing, when if he had his shit straight, he would know Lynch doesn't talk specifically because he doesn't want attention he thinks should go to others.

The guy comes off like a jilted lover.

What a butthurt little jocksniffer. Boohoo for him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":dm4jmlgp said:
That is hilarious. Reporters get pretty damn mad when the guy just spoke more words than in the last 4 years combined.

This particular guy, Doyel, implies Lynch is selfish for not interviewing, when if he had his shit straight, he would know Lynch doesn't talk specifically because he doesn't want attention he thinks should go to others.

The guy comes off like a jilted lover.
Charles Barkley said it best a long time ago.... "There are a lot of stupid people in the world, and most of them ARE reporters!"

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If I were a Bronco defensive player, that interview would have scuurd me a little! 8)

Best, most awesome interview of the day. True Bad Ass Stuff right there! God I love Marshawn! What a pickup. Glad he didn't waste his career in Buffalo.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":256xo5or said:
If I were a Bronco defensive player, that interview would have scuurd me a little! 8)

Was thinking the same thing when I listened to his interview... every Denver player should get a chilly little shiver run right down their spine and make the *** hole pucker after seeing that...

White Devil

Reaction score
I should have guessed this involved Doyel. Do yourselves a favor and just glance at some of his other articles.

The guy thinks way too highly of himself. He's a joke.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
My brother, who is and never has been a football fan while watching Marshawn's interview just told me that Lynch is probably now his favorite player in the NFL because he's just laid back and chill like that.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think prime time was sincere when he hugged our #24.
I'd love to see Dion stomp a hole in a couple of these so called reporters.
I hope PC feeds the Beast all day long, and he ends up with +150,2-3 TDs, and the MVP.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
Doyel's an ass clown. I just got off work so I finally got to watch Prime's interview with Lynch. Best interview I've seen so far, Lynch is ready to ball come Sunday. After watching that it just makes me appreciate Lynch and what he does for the team that much more. Beast Mode #24

Go Hawks!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
NFL reporting that they were satisfied with lynch's participation in media day.

Love the seahawk hate.

we're the bad guys and it feels so good.

less than a week till we take the cheerleader home with us.

Mick063

Reaction score
The 12th man is behind Lynch 100% on this media "issue".

Screw those guys. Lynch shows great restraint by just smiling during the media "smear" campaign. I hope he humiliated the crap out of them by giving Sanders his preferred time.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Has Prime Time commented thru twitter or anything else about how Marshawn has been labeled after his interview? I watched the interview and loved Lynch all the more - always hated the media so I'm gonna go watch Natural BORN Killers (a great anti-media message).

Nearpost

Reaction score
Even though he manages himself well, it's hard watching him nervously bounce as he's speaking. He absolutely hates talking on camera. If I'm Carroll I tell him to skip out on interviews and fines will be paid by front office.

He's a special talent with a special anxiety about the media. Contracts have to be honored, but in this case, special rules for special players, club pay the fines. Rest of roster will applaud.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Nearpost":2drhyulk said:
Even though he manages himself well, it's hard watching him nervously bounce as he's speaking. He absolutely hates talking on camera. If I'm Carroll I tell him to skip out on interviews and fines will be paid by front office.

He's a special talent with a special anxiety about the media. Contracts have to be honored, but in this case, special rules for special players, club pay the fines. Rest of roster will applaud.

League imposed fines always HAVE to be paid by the player if levied against the player. It is all part of the CBA. Any attempt to circumvent this rule would mostly likely result in a salary cap violation. I did a bit of research on this a few weeks back.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":38ql1053 said:
Wow, he got really got his p$#%^& in a bunch.

Exclusive!! Greg Doyel when he gets back to his hotel room.

Vesper in the shower 8398
that's a lonely feel. I hope he gets another interview soon or he may be out work

Polaris

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3cwo7yzr said:
Nearpost":3cwo7yzr said:

League imposed fines always HAVE to be paid by the player if levied against the player. It is all part of the CBA. Any attempt to circumvent this rule would mostly likely result in a salary cap violation. I did a bit of research on this a few weeks back.

True, and you're right if the front office paid the fine it would be a possible Salary Cap violation. That said, it's a rule that's almost impossible to enforce (except from the Front Office). If player(s) B gives fined player A cash under the table to cover part of all of a fine, it would be impossible for the league to know unless someone ratted them out. It would be a violation but an unenforceable one.