Centurylink Field Is Now Cashless.

RiverDog

Reaction score
They probably should have assigned some registers as accepting cash rather than jumping in with both feet, but in general, I'm in agreement with the policy and hope that it becomes the norm. Nothing irritates me more when I check out at Costco and have to see someone fumble around with their wallet or purse trying to find the correct amount for their payment then watch the clerk have to count out their change and hand it back to them. A credit/debit card transaction doesn't slow me down a bit as I have my card and wallet back into my pocket before they even hand me my goods and receipt.

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
believe me when I say this, when I came over for the Vikings game in December, I was amazed at how efficient and easy everything was at Centurylink. E-ticket scanning, readily available and accessible kiosks/outlets.

Trust me, when I say you guys have it really good compared to us in the UK for "soccer" games.

I have a season ticket at my club and it can take me upwards of 30 minutes just to enter the stadium and that's using a season ticket card which I place on a scanner! They have just introduced cashless in the stadium as well and to be honest it does help and make things easier, but can imagine it being a pain for any tourists/older fans who may not have a card.

I can understand the security benefits, but think a mixture of both, even if swaying towards cashless is better!

Roll on my next visit :D

Ambrose83

Reaction score
We always have cash, but we budget for everything and each area has a cash value. It is what it is using a card can lead to overspending and of course your information being stolen as well .

acer1240

Reaction score
I always carry 100.00 on me just in case, but haven't used my debit card in months. Samsung pay is my go to. It's worked at every terminal I've ever used.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This has been going on for two Dragons games so far. It works perfectly fine at concessions and there are some reverse ATM terminals set up around that will let you put in cash and get back a card for those without one. Lines aren't bad at all.

However, the funny aspect of this is that it also applies to the concession sellers who walk up and down the aisles. They now have portable card readers and don't accept cash either. It seems pretty bad for their business as I haven't seen anybody willing to pass their credit card down the row so far like they typically do with cash.