Check Out Kurt's Top 5 QBs of the Season...

quadsas

Reaction score
You know what's the best part? No mention of Andrew Suck

themunn

Reaction score
i thought that was fair reasoning tbh, over the last half of the season there's no doubt Wilson makes the list, but the first half of the season brings him down.

Those guys I would say ranked in the top 10 quarterbacks throughout the course of the season (minus the odd game or two), whereas Wilson didn't really break the top 10 until mid-season (though the game against New England was obviously an exception).

Warner's been pretty high on Wilson for a while now, so I'll give him this one.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im fine with the list as well. I dont know about Brees so much being on the list because if we judge a QB by the ultimate success, then wins should come into context. It starts to look like "hey, these are the best guys regardless of stats and play because they have been before"

However, I do agree with the majority of the list regardless. Brady should be first though, manning should be third (if you dont take wins into account which apparently he doesnt...)

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
RG3 and Wilson are both good enough to be on this list - very close contest. Brees doesn't necessarily deserve it...a lot of his statistics were either stat padding or being down and forced to pass.

But then again, I'm biased.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My homer bias tells me Russell should have been included, either in place of Brees or RGIII.

His improvement throughout the year coupled with his accomplishments down the final stretch should have been enough to elevate him into the Top 5.

It should be noted that Russell out-performed Brees in both the traditional Passer Rating and in QBR.. yet Warner out-ranks Russell in favor of Brees.

Just an observation.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
I know no one cares, but here is my list. . .

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Manning
4. Ryan
5. Wilson

And to tell you the truth Rodgers and Brady can be alternated. Strong cases can be made to shuffle anyone in that list. But to leave Wilson off altogether is wrong.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Say what you want...the title says it all "...of the season." You have to look at the complete season and Wilson was the hottest QB the second half of the season hands down. P. Manning struggled early in the season, did he not? From what I remember both Brady and Rodgers were not lights out early on either. Truth is analysts like Kurt find it very hard to say that they were wrong about a 5 ft nothing QB, who shouldn't have been drafted when he did, and shouldn't have started over a Matt Flynn whom they anointed of starting QB when we traded for him. If RGIII made the list dangerRuss should most definitely made it. He tied the rookie TD record after all....not a small accomplishment.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think Wilson should have made it over RG3. Yes, RG3 was great, he had a tremendous rating and all. But to me RW is a better PASSER than RG3 currently is. There was a stat was shared by Peter King late in the season that the Redskins were horrible on 3rd and long situations that RG3 in particularly was sub-par on obviously passing situations. His threat to run was the catlyst to the majority of his big plays, catching people with PA passes to wide-open WR's. (See 1st Cowboys and Eagles games).

He had 5 games out of 15 with multiple TD passes. 40% of his TD passes came in 2 games when he threw 8 TD's (4 apiece) against Philly and Dallas poor pass defenses. Meanwhile RW threw multiple TD passes in 8 of his 16 games. Remember also that RG3 was annointed the starter instantly and got all the significant reps, while RW had to split reps 3 ways for much of the offseason and training camp.

Latest posts