Chip Kelly is 'embarrassed'

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3siqiofd said:
JSeahawks":3siqiofd said:
hawksfansinceday1":3siqiofd said:
Hey JSeahawks: would you still prefer Chip over Pete?

They're both 0-2 after only 2 weeks. It's still early. Ask me after week 17. I know Chips offense would look a hell of a lot better if he had Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch.

So let me get this straight, you'd still prefer an unproven college coach that's singlehandedly ran his franchise into the ground with mistake after mistake over a SB champion coach that's created one of the best cultures, teams and environments in the entire league?

That my friend, is stubbornness at it's finest.

Lol that's homerism at it's finest.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Eagles under Chip Kelly prior to this year reminded me of an NBA Treadmill team...a team that would always win 10 games, sometimes make the playoffs, and always lose in the playoffs.

I actually thought he was making all the right moves...I liked him getting rid of McCoy, Jackson and not signing Maclin....all those guys are being overpaid right now. Signing Murray was a decent move...it's not like McCoy would be doing anything behind this Oline either, and they still saved nearly $5 million by trading Shady and signing Murray.

The trade of Foles for Bradford was a bit confusing though...well, the fact that they gave up their 2nd round pick.

I still think this will make the Eagles better in the long run though..they won't re-sign Bradford and Chip will find his own QB

OrFan

Reaction score
Kelly is yet another example of a school boy coach that fails when it comes to real football. He will be back in school soon.

mrblitz

Reaction score
one thing i was wondering about when transposing his oregon ncaa system into an nfl squad: at oregon, chip was known to rotate as many as 20+ defensive players, in order to keep them fresh because of the short time of possession of their own offense.

in the nfl, there might not be the roster spots to be able to do that same kind of defensive rotation. or... maybe chip needs to rethink defense at the nfl level, in order to get it to work with what he's trying to do on offense. maybe have 20 journeymen defensive players, and don't really pay anyone. just get a group of 20+ players on the cheap and rotate them like crazy.

and, the foles thing doesn't really make sense. maybe foles wasn't 'buying in' to chip's system?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think the embarrassment should be his choice of QB. I'm thinking Butt-Fumble himself is going to get some playing time real soon. Bradford looks scared and is playing like he is scared.

OrFan

Reaction score
Oregon looks like crap without him.

Philly looks like crap with him.

He needs to go back to Oregon.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
When Chip made all of his personnel moves I told folks that he is either going to be a genius or that it was all going to fantastically implode.....so far it has been an implosion. It is still early though.