Chris Clemons released

bluengreen

Reaction score
This may be the best move in the long run, but it still sucks. Thanks for all of your work, Clem. You were a huge part of the Hawks turn around, I will never forget that. Heck, we may have made it to the SB LAST season if he didn't get injured.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
No surprise, but it's sad. Losing all these fan favs :(

These guys have been here since the beginning and it's sad to see them go.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We all knew it was coming:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m

Former #Seahawks DE Chris Clemons is set to visit the #Jaguars, per source. Lot of mutual interest there.

Bradley's going to have a mini-Seahawks Defense over there. The Old folks home for Seahawks defenders.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I do have to say that I like all these players (except for Tate) are going to the AFC. The Seattle to Jax pipeline does have that advantage.

Jville

Reaction score
They will come to an agreement by tomorrow ..... roster churn. :th2thumbs:

drdiags

Reaction score
Chris, Big Red, Blackmon, crazy Guy along with potentially Thurmond (haven't heard yet whether he signed with the Jags or not). That should blend in well with the young blood the Jags have on their defense. Seems like a good fit if the Jags don't try to squeeze Clemons too much on the contract.

Hope he takes them on, much rather have him in the AFC along with as many of the ex-Seahawks as possible.

Jville

Reaction score
I think Chris Clemons will play at least 3 more years!

If everything goes to plan, DE Chris Clemons will sign a multi-year deal with the Jaguars on his visit there.
[urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/443872878761893888[/urltargetblank]

pinksheets

Reaction score
Does Bradley have an eye for personnel to fit the scheme he took from Pete in their time together or is he just trying to make it work with ex-Hawks? Bringing in guys who know the system makes sense, obviously, but does anyone more informed know if Bradley has shown that he can spot those guys without Pete having spotted them first?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
pinksheets":pwy991ay said:
Does Bradley have an eye for personnel to fit the scheme he took from Pete in their time together or is he just trying to make it work with ex-Hawks? Bringing in guys who know the system makes sense, obviously, but does anyone more informed know if Bradley has shown that he can spot those guys without Pete having spotted them first?

I am more interested in why they waited to cut Clemons. If they needed the cap room, why didn't they just do it after the season. They must have a plan to replace him if they are going to release him and let him sign with another team.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3psbtst7 said:
pinksheets":3psbtst7 said:

I am more interested in why they waited to cut Clemons. If they needed the cap room, why didn't they just do it after the season. They must have a plan to replace him if they are going to release him and let him sign with another team.

To answer the first, Bradley brought Carroll's entire defensive scheme to the Jags - so it makes sense bring in vets to perform but also help develop in house. Time will tell to see if he can build it o his own. Bradley is an LB coach by trade so we'll see if he can pick corners and defensive lineman.

To answer the second, I am pretty sure they held out on Clem until they signed Bennett. If Bennett left, I don't think we'd be cutting Clem.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Jags have so many seahawks on their team now: Bryant, Lotulelei, Knox, Guy, Clemons, (thurmond?), blackmon. They had Williams, forsett, truant at one point. Are they going to ask TJack to start at QB next? :p

Good moves by Gus though really.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm pretty sure Bradley understands the scheme and wants to duplicate it. He was trying to find a prototypical LEO all last year. They took John Cyprien, who is a Kam Bam-lite at safety that excels in the box, but also is solid in coverage. I think he knows exactly what he wants to do on defense.

That would be a great fit for Clem and for the Jags, who I am predicting win the AFCS next season right now.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":39jpvkph said:
seahawk12thman":39jpvkph said:
pinksheets":39jpvkph said:

To answer the first, Bradley brought Carroll's entire defensive scheme to the Jags - so it makes sense bring in vets to perform but also help develop in house. Time will tell to see if he can build it o his own. Bradley is an LB coach by trade so we'll see if he can pick corners and defensive lineman.

To answer the second, I am pretty sure they held out on Clem until they signed Bennett. If Bennett left, I don't think we'd be cutting Clem.

Exactly right, I forgot about that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ManBunts":zmpbbh0o said:
Does anyone else feel like Gus Bradley is watching us and just salivating? He got Red, and I heard they interviewed Thurmond, wouldn't be surprised if Clemons gets a look from them. Gonna miss that guy.
Rather have them go to J'ville than to any of our division rivals. Wouldn't mind seeing the Seattle Seahawks vs Jacksonville Seahawks in an upcoming SB some time soon.