Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • He might get a couple snaps but not near 100%

Votes: 28 27.7%

• Total voters

amac360

Reaction score
What's the most recent update on Clem? I doubt there's anything out there but it sounds like RGIII is ready to go for training camp (albeit I highly doubt he is fully ready to go). They both were hurt in the same game so that is good news for us.

*Disclaimer, RGIII is 23 years old and Clemons is on the wrong side of 30 so it may be comparing apples to oranges...

How about a simple question/poll type deal: Will Chris Clemons play week 1?

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think a better poll question would be: do we even want Clemons to play week 1 ? We have Bennett and Avril signed up, and Morgan and at least 1 other guy can play the position. Do we need to push him back too quickly, only to lose him again ?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I want him back to play week one if he is 100% heathly, has regained full strength and can cut pain free. If not, at his age and with the stresses on the knee rushing from the outside he needs to wait. This team is too good to be in a position where they put him on the field before he is truly ready.

I'd much prefer to have a 100% healthy Clemons for 12-13 games than an 85% healthy Clemons for 16 games.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I really want Clemons back because he just might be the MVP of our defense. He's certainly the linchpin of the front 7. However, knowing that, I know it's more important we have him for the playoffs than against Carolina.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The big question is...will they start him on the active roster and maybe hold him out a few games, or do they go the PUP route and we lose him for the first 6 no matter what?

To me, this is THE biggest question as we head into the season. I am anxious to see our full-speed pass rush with Clemons (DE), Avril (DE), Bennett (DT) and Irvin (Sam/Hybrid) ... of course, no Irvin in the first 4 games, of course . . .

Cartire

Reaction score
To much of a risk if hes ready by week 1 to put him on the pup. We already lose Irvin (which I know hes going LB, but hes still gonna a be a pass rushing LB) for 4 games. Permentely locking out Clemons if hes healthy for 6 games could be a big dent. I mean thats a 1/3 of our season games.

If hes healthy enough, he doesnt go on PUP but probably sits out against Carolina.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
^ Agreed, but that's why it's going to be so interesting. We really can't afford to have him gone the first 6 weeks, not with four pretty tough games in there (@ Carolina, SF, @ Houston, @ Indy).

mikeak

Reaction score
Yes athletes never overestimate when they will come back. Players like Jeter who have done this year in and year out never think they are ready before they actually are......

I hope week 1 but will be happy with pre week 6

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I don't want him to rush back. If he really can play off the bench for the first few weeks, though, that would mitigate losing Irvin for the first month.

However, I would rather he was fully healthy and coming off PUP when he was ready if all things are equal, though I do hope that he can actually come back and play Week One as a rotational player.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
mikeak":224ocltu said:
Yes athletes never overestimate when they will come back. Players like Jeter who have done this year in and year out never think they are ready before they actually are......

I hope week 1 but will be happy with pre week 6

And Jeter is countered with A.P... Everyone heals differently, and you can't compare one injured player to another - especially baseball vs. football.

We'll soon find out, I guess.

lukerguy

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why RG3's surgery was on January 7th, and Clemons was on January 17th when they tore their knee in the same game. Obviously 10 days doesn't feel like a lot in January, but it certainly feels like a lot in September. That could be difference between him starting week 1 or starting week 3.

Cartire

Reaction score
lukerguy":rx9sqjiu said:
What I don't understand is why RG3's surgery was on January 7th, and Clemons was on January 17th when they tore their knee in the same game. Obviously 10 days doesn't feel like a lot in January, but it certainly feels like a lot in September. That could be difference between him starting week 1 or starting week 3.

You dont understand it? Dr. Andrews did both the operations and he obviously has way more invested in RG3, both from a money and reputation point of view. I mean, he did technically clear him for that playoff game when everyone knows he shouldnt have.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
lukerguy":3lrc4ikg said:

Not everyone is the same.

Sometimes things are just to inflamed to go in and operate.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Cartire":10ibyz9a said:
lukerguy":10ibyz9a said:

You dont understand it? Dr. Andrews did both the operations and he obviously has way more invested in RG3, both from a money and reputation point of view. I mean, he did technically clear him for that playoff game when everyone knows he shouldnt have.

Isn't he even a Redskins employee/adviser? You can bet that Snyder demanded RG3 got preferential everything