Clayton out at ESPN

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of ESPN for various reasons, but mostly because it has become tabloid TV and I hate that.

I'm not surprised Clayton is out, his role had already being reduced. The only thing I ever saw him doing was giving injury updates and you can find that information in 100 other places now, you don't need ESPN for it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
LolaRox":2s2rbm6g said:
I don't watch a lot of ESPN for various reasons, but mostly because it has become tabloid TV and I hate that.

I'm not surprised Clayton is out, his role had already being reduced. The only thing I ever saw him doing was giving injury updates and you can find that information in 100 other places now, you don't need ESPN for it.

On the whole, ESPN does a lot less NFL work then they used to. With the NFL network taking the lion share of those viewers ESPN has pivoted to NBA, MLB, Soccer and Social Justice to fill their time slots.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ESPN has been a joke for awhile now. I only watch their live sports programs than sportscenter or any of their gab shows. Clayton seems more suited for the NFL Network anyway. Surprised that they didn't pick him up earlier. Hopefully they will hire him now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if Clayton was a hot 25 year old female with blonde hair he would of kept his job...its all about eye candy for these sports networks now and some recently retired athletes. in the mix. Actual inside intel and sports journalism is dead.

Pape

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3omrovs0 said:
ESPN is dumb.

It feels like they just want hot women and loud mouths. Entertainment over substance. I watch the games for entertainment, I watch sports shows for information and insight.

Says the guy with a crotch shot as an avatar.

agreed though, If clayton were a good looking/bloviating loud mouth with no facts to back up his opinion guy, he'd still be in front of the camera. He's not though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
With his well earned reputation for doing due diligence on any recent releases Pete Carroll has been seen in nearby proximity...

pete-carroll-pops-in-on-live-john-clayton-report.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":egminpcp said:
With his well earned reputation for doing due diligence on any recent releases Pete Carroll has been seen in nearby proximity...

Good one

Threedee

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1pl5rgy1 said:

New OC?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Threedee":2a4s7foj said:
UK_Seahawk":2a4s7foj said:

New OC?
Training camp disc jockey ... nothing but Slayer!