Clayton: Where the 3-3 Seahawks sit coming out of their bye

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wilson can do it all is my point. Regardless what the doubters keep telling themselves, even 7 years in to his career.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":38vxdw3c said:
HawkGA":38vxdw3c said:
SoulfishHawk":38vxdw3c said:
It's interesting how for his entire career, we have heard how Russ isn't good at something. Only to have numbers, stats and wins prove different. And those who flat out refuse to like him will fight tooth and nail against the truth.

I don't mean to throw cold water on this, but there's a good reason Russell has a high passer rating against the blitz. He doesn't throw the ball away. So he's most likely to make a completion when he throws it or he takes a sack instead of throwing it away. I think this is definitely a case where we can easily be led astray by statistics.

Never? Rarely? Or, not enough to satisfy some fans thus it feels like it happens frequently? Do you have actual proof of this, or just a feeling?

I'm really not trying to be interrogating; I'd really like to know because it feels to me like I've seen him throw it away more than I'd like.

Not enough to give him a bad passer rating. If you took his sacks and counted that in his completions, I would assembly his passed rating would go down. Now, if I actually knew how to calculate passer rating, we could look at the actual numbers, but I don't think it's deniable he takes some sacks when other WBs would just throw it away. In fairness, he probably also makes some plays when other WBs would have thrown it away. So maybe it's a wash.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson gets blitzed because he flushes easy and he always has been a little slow to pull the trigger...I wish he would throw the ball away more...he ate a lot of sack yards last year...but he is better this year with a running game.

Chawker

Reaction score
Theere are always opportunitys when your QB is getting blitzed, and one is change the play to a draw. All the RB has to do is find the one gap thats open. Once we rip off a 40 or 50 yard run they will think twice about blitzing so much. A screen works good too.
Cheers