Clemons reiterates he will be ready for game 1

formido

Reaction score
Several players in the last 1-2 years have returned from achilles and ACL tears/ruptures ahead of schedule, and it looks like Clemons will be one of them. I don't believe in superhuman recovery abilities, so I assume one of, or some combination of, the following: new electrical stim technology, blood platelet or stem cell therapy, new surgery techniques (double bundle, just for ACLs I think), or something I haven't heard of, has become highly effective. (Not HGH, that's been around forever.)

https://twitter.com/chrisclemons91/stat ... 0449232896

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Based on recent recoveries I've seen from other athletes coming off ACL surgeries, I always thought Clem had a great shot of making it back sometime within the first four weeks. I still think the Seahawks could manage okay for a bit without him, but it'd be huge if he was 100% healthy by week one. Glad to hear he's on track. Dude's presence makes a huge difference for this defense.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Probably the most underrated player on our team. It's he or Mebane.

In any case, it would be thrilling to see what the guy can do now that we have additional pass rushers for the offense to account for.

Hey, Clem! We gotya some help-hurry back!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1m76k5ol said:
Man, I'd be so stoked if he was 100% by the first week.
Ditto. The man is a difference maker and must be accounted for by the offense. With him ready from game 1 6-2/7-1 isn't ridiculous.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he could be back for Week 1, that would help a ton to offset the loss of Irvin. Even if Clem was not at 100%, he would be a big help if he could rotate in and out throughout the game.

cesame

Reaction score
He may make it back

But who knows if he'll be close to the same player he was before injury

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
True. But him back even as a legitimate rotational player for 8-10 games with 6-8 games full speed makes a positive difference.

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
how times have changed and technology. can't remember, but how long did it take curt warner to
recover from his acl surgery? and even when he did, he was never the same runner.
if only the technology was in place back then. what could have been.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I don't want to rush him back onto the field; we can accomodate without him for a couple of weeks (and without Bruce too). We'll come up with a temporary plan that utilizes the defensive tackles and linebackers a little bit more. We'll be fine. I don't want him coming back too soon. That's asking for trouble.

McGruff

Reaction score
formido":105cbpi4 said:
Several players in the last 1-2 years have returned from achilles and ACL tears/ruptures ahead of schedule, and it looks like Clemons will be one of them. I don't believe in superhuman recovery abilities, so I assume one of, or some combination of, the following: new electrical stim technology, blood platelet or stem cell therapy, new surgery techniques (double bundle, just for ACLs I think), or something I haven't heard of, has become highly effective. (Not HGH, that's been around forever.)

If Chris comes back at his age, it will be the same way AP did it . . . HGH or some other under the radar growth agent . . . The league is full f. Why should we be any different.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
McGruff":pzva75v6 said:
formido":pzva75v6 said:

If Chris comes back at his age, it will be the same way AP did it . . . HGH or some other under the radar growth agent . . . The league is full f. Why should we be any different.

Adrian Peterson sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber which I'm sure had a lot to do with his recovery.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd be cautious of pushing him back to quickly.

RB's are tough enough with their cutting and stuff, but DE's are another beast.

Imagine running as fast as you can, then lean at a 45 degree angle and run into a 325 lb man that is pushing you back. Now, do it all with 65% or more of your body weight on one leg. The amount of lateral pressure these guys take on their knees is tremendous and I'm constantly amazed we don't see more guys blowing out knees at DE.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
There are some insane medical advances out there that only money has access to. Until proved to me different I don't care.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Hawks46":z7lcc4fp said:
Imagine running as fast as you can, then lean at a 45 degree angle and run into a 325 lb man that is pushing you back. Now, do it all with 65% or more of your body weight on one leg.

I tried. That's an awful lot to imagine.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I sure hope Clemons is back. He was a great part of our defense last year. But I certainly don't want him to come back prematurely in his recovery.

oasis

Reaction score
bestfightstory":powcvi58 said:
Hawks46":powcvi58 said:
Imagine running as fast as you can, then lean at a 45 degree angle and run into a 325 lb man that is pushing you back. Now, do it all with 65% or more of your body weight on one leg.

I tried. That's an awful lot to imagine.

Imaginaiaiaiation.

The mayor of imaginationland

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sure, he will personally be ready for game one, because that's how he's wired. Whether the med staff and coaches clear him remains to be seen. They've demonstrated great caution in this regard with other players...big Carp being the only exception. I hope he's truly 'ready' for game one, but definitely don't want him put into action too early.

Latest posts