Click Bait and contracts

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":13ktmx2x said:
knownone":13ktmx2x said:
This is kind of silly. Are we supposed to believe Wilson didn’t put a contract deadline in mid April? Where exactly do we draw the line here?

I think most of us realize not everything reported in the media comes true or even is true. However, I don’t think there is anything wrong with reacting in the moment to reports of what the agent or people connected to the team are leaking out.

This idea that your assumption of the situation is somehow more reliable than a news report is just as silly as taking the reports at face value.

News Report that is false with NO sources willing to put their name out there.

Inside source, sources close to the situation, unnamed insider. When Pete and John offer no comments on any of the BS being slung around you can be pretty sure it's on ignore and false. They will usually comment on something that is actually viable. So will Wilson in this situation.

Why if your not a band wagoner and know the team and really have followed them you can see the non story pretty easily.

Wasn't much of the "info" coming from the agent?

I mean I agree with you regarding Pete and John, I'm just not sure why the media shouldnt be reporting what they are hearing from an agent....

One can always choose not to read the articles if they choose. Obviously (look at this site) there is a market for off season stories and negotiation updates.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":33ikpxl0 said:
mikeak":33ikpxl0 said:
sdog1981":33ikpxl0 said:
mikeak":33ikpxl0 said:
So you are saying the agent spread the rumors, media printed it yet media is to be blamed?

Yes, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Reporters and editors are supposed to report on facts. The truth can be subjective but facts are not.

If the story comes from the players agent then it is something that can be supported by credible sources. That is enough to report it

Agreed, I don't get the media bashing at all.

The agent is a douche, that seems like a better target for any angst.
Agents AND the Sports Media are douches generally speaking for the most part.
They both use each other for gain.

You’re welcome in advance! 8)

nanomoz

Reaction score
A fair bit of this should be directed at Mark Rodgers, the agent from hell who wants everything to play out above the fold. He's a twunt.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Like I said, he works Baseball and I never seen a comment on him that anyone knew him but this is Scott Boras type stuff, you know the guy that was dealing with the Mariners with Alex????

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
chris98251":3gi3e1vw said:
Like I said, he works Baseball and I never seen a comment on him that anyone knew him but this is Scott Boras type stuff, you know the guy that was dealing with the Mariners with Alex????

Re Rodgers beign a baseball guy, anyone know of any high profile baseball players who work with him? Just curious.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":mki0jr7d said:
chris98251":mki0jr7d said:

Re Rodgers beign a baseball guy, anyone know of any high profile baseball players who work with him? Just curious.

Mike Hampton (Atlanta Braves) – 8 year contract worth $124 million
Colton Willems (Washington Nationals) – 2006 1st round draft pick
Chris Huseby (Chicago Cubs) – 2006 11th round draft pick

Smellyman

Reaction score
9e 2lHf9saOPwCLcBGAs2Fs16002Fcaptain252Bobvious

Forums talk about reports endlessly on the internet. News @ 11 (or on the internet)

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":ya8rcwjp said:
Well now that all of you have Poisoned your family's and spent everything you own and committed unforgivable crimes against humanity and animals because you believed the Mediots and their click bait stories I hope you have learned to look at the who if they are anyone at all is writing this crap and or their history of malice against this team or really any team you like.

Florio, King, Prisco and others have an axe to grind here and love to put this fan base on the ropes if they can.

Secondly Wilson's agent is a Baseball guy, he uses Baseball MLB type negotiation tactics, if you are old enough to remember Scott Boras this was his bread and butter.

Rodgers his Agent just guaranteed his next high end clients coming to him from Baseball and Football or the NBA, Highest paid player in the NFL, again Scott Boras 101 class to get higher Profile Clients.

Scott had a reputation of holding teams hostage for years with demands and deadlines.

Hope we have learned something here on the Forums, Links and Sources and credibility help keep sanity.

Oh and the Poison for your Family was just bad tasting cold medicine after all :)

In the end it was Wilson who made the difference, telling his agent to do what he needed to do to keep him in Seattle And the biggest sticking point was not money it was the no trade clause. All these people who believed the click bait and so called experts that he wanted out of Seattle, and he demands a no trade clause.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":2yi5bluy said:
chris98251":2yi5bluy said:
Well now that all of you have Poisoned your family's and spent everything you own and committed unforgivable crimes against humanity and animals because you believed the Mediots and their click bait stories I hope you have learned to look at the who if they are anyone at all is writing this crap and or their history of malice against this team or really any team you like.

Florio, King, Prisco and others have an axe to grind here and love to put this fan base on the ropes if they can.

Secondly Wilson's agent is a Baseball guy, he uses Baseball MLB type negotiation tactics, if you are old enough to remember Scott Boras this was his bread and butter.

Rodgers his Agent just guaranteed his next high end clients coming to him from Baseball and Football or the NBA, Highest paid player in the NFL, again Scott Boras 101 class to get higher Profile Clients.

Scott had a reputation of holding teams hostage for years with demands and deadlines.

Hope we have learned something here on the Forums, Links and Sources and credibility help keep sanity.

Oh and the Poison for your Family was just bad tasting cold medicine after all :)

In the end it was Wilson who made the difference, telling his agent to do what he needed to do to keep him in Seattle And the biggest sticking point was not money it was the no trade clause. All these people who believed the click bait and so called experts that he wanted out of Seattle, and he demands a no trade clause.

A no trade clause isn't put in a contract because he doesn't ever want to be traded from Seattle.

It is put in so that he has control over possible trade destinations.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":m9cxpxzf said:
John63":m9cxpxzf said:
chris98251":m9cxpxzf said:

A no trade clause isn't put in a contract because he doesn't ever want to be traded from Seattle.

It is put in so that he has control over possible trade destinations.

How about both...………

He and Ciara have kids that will be going to school soon, yes they will have private schools and all but there is something about having stability that make sense.