Clowney

tersal

Reaction score
Midway through the season I like Clowney plays hard I know he get double teamed a lot However I cannot see any way to pay him like Clark got paid in KC. By the way please do not hate on Clark he was a great Seahawk played hard and produced big time. He wanted to stay the team chose to trade him.

rcaido

Reaction score
tersal":2pk50aw1 said:
Midway through the season I like Clowney plays hard I know he get double teamed a lot However I cannot see any way to pay him like Clark got paid in KC. By the way please do not hate on Clark he was a great Seahawk played hard and produced big time. He wanted to stay the team chose to trade him.

Our most effective pass rusher and you dont want to pay him? We just use him as a 1 year rental?

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
I said not like Clark got paid 2 sacks in eight games? Clark got 104 million over five years 62 million guaranteed has Clowney performed to those numbers. Clowney is ACE against the run so was Clark however Clark is a much better pass rusher. I like Clowney but Clark got to the QB better.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
tersal":18wpxuus said:
I said not like Clark got paid 2 sacks in eight games? Clark got 104 million over five years 62 million guaranteed has Clowney performed to those numbers. Clowney is ACE against the run so was Clark however Clark is a much better pass rusher. I like Clowney but Clark got to the QB better.

Clowney has an 89.4 on PFF, Clark has a 59.4

Clark is not a good run defender. Clowney is the best run defender in the NFL.

We do need another pass rusher - Ansah is not a LEO (not even close).

They don't need to decide on Clowney yet, he is not eligible for an extension due to the tag so let it play out.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
FWIW: What was with Clowney's Bennett impression?

Two neutral-zone infractions and an offsides. Ouch!

northseahawk

Reaction score
Clowney is almost there every play, while the other defenders are still figuring out if the play is a run or a pass.

Pay clowney
Cut Ansah (complete disappointment)
Reed not deserving of top DT dollors

calinator

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":ym0hsdsx said:
tersal":ym0hsdsx said:

Clowney has an 89.4 on PFF, Clark has a 59.4

Clark is not a good run defender. Clowney is the best run defender in the NFL.

We do need another pass rusher - Ansah is not a LEO (not even close).

They don't need to decide on Clowney yet, he is not eligible for an extension due to the tag so let it play out.

I agree with most of this. He's much better than Clark was against the run and gets enough pressure.

I don't like Ansah, he needs to go. He's invisible against the run and rushing the passer.

We could definitely use another edge rusher and more push up the middle. I think too much hype was expected in getting Reed back, he's rusty. He's pretty good but watching highlights from last year his 10.5 sacks looked mostly like coverage sacks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":28xajhdl said:
tersal":28xajhdl said:

Our most effective pass rusher and you dont want to pay him? We just use him as a 1 year rental?

Most effective pass rusher? What does that even mean? I'm our most effective pass rusher. I've got the similar stats to prove it.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":bo1kcv0j said:
FWIW: What was with Clowney's Bennett impression?

Two neutral-zone infractions and an offsides. Ouch!

He had the first neutral zone infraction then lined up in the neutral zone again on the very next play & somehow didn't get called for it.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you can't see the constant impact that Clowney is making in opposing backfields this year then nobody is going to be able to convince you. Maybe you're listening to the game on the radio or watching on your phone or something.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
AgentDib":fpkqw4dw said:
If you can't see the constant impact that Clowney is making in opposing backfields this year then nobody is going to be able to convince you. Maybe you're listening to the game on the radio or watching on your phone or something.

Probably one of those fans who just reads box scores.

Clowney is an elite disrupter. Forces holds, strips the ball, gets picks, blows by tackles he just wrecks shit.

He may never be a 15 sack guy but he is still incredibly valuable and good at what he does.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Clowney is the Defensive line right now period. You pay the man at the end of the season and make him a cornerstone to build off of for years to come.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I said it before his pick-6 against the Cards and I'll say it now, Clowney will be extended in the off-season.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
AgentDib":10nzi1c6 said:

I watch the games on TV I have seen the multiple three hundred yard games and one four hundred yard passing game mediocre QB's have put up on the Seahawks. I do not doubt Clowney is a great player I do not see twenty million a year. If you do great I have not so far. Hopefully in the second half of the year. He has always been better in the second half.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't know. Seems he won a game for us at the beginning of the season. That is, we don't have him, we lose.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2uhonpmy said:
rcaido":2uhonpmy said:
tersal":2uhonpmy said:

Most effective pass rusher? What does that even mean? I'm our most effective pass rusher. I've got the similar stats to prove it.
Our Defense as a whole, is playing NOTHING like they did last year....... Clark at Chiefs, is playing NOTHING like he did last year for the Seahawks.
Opposing Quarterbacks have been dumping off a LOT faster than they have in the past few years, so Hits, Sacks & Pressures are way down....go figure, eh?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That pass rush is a concern at this point. But, Clowney is getting mugged play after play. I can't fathom how the refs keep ignoring it.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3eftx4gk said:
Our Defense as a whole, is playing NOTHING like they did last year....... Clark at Chiefs, is playing NOTHING like he did last year for the Seahawks. Opposing Quarterbacks have been dumping off a LOT faster than they have in the past few years, so Hits, Sacks & Pressures are way down....go figure, eh?

Yeah mainly this. I'm not sure what pass rush is getting to the QB for sack when they are getting rid of the ball in 2-3 seconds many times on designed dump offs.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I shudder to imagine what this line would look like without Clowney. He is as advertised, a force out there and he deserves an extension imo.... but he's going it alone. He needs Ziggy to start producing which looks like it isn't happening, or Reed to get his legs under him. Somebody has to take advantage of the havoc he's creating but as long as he is the dl alone he can only do so much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd pay Clowney 20M in a heartbeat. He's a top 10 DE, and he's FAR more complete of a defensive end that Clark ever was.

More versatile, great against the run and is disruptive on almost every play............and lord knows we can't afford to let another #1 pass rusher just walk.

IMO the question isn't do we pay Clowney, the question is does Clowney even want to be here for the next 4-5 years getting double teamed every play and playing on a bad D-line?

PS. Betcha Houston wishes they traded their other high priced D-end, and kept Clowney right now.