College basketball scandal

sdog1981

Reaction score
Abolish the NCAA and force the NFL and NBA to pay for their own academy/youth development system.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Natethegreat":zxxf34bi said:
Cheating has been going on forever what a revelation. GUESS WHAT IT WILL CONTINUE TO GO ON FOREVER. EVEN IF THEY PAY THE PLAYERS! That won't fix a thing as far as this issue is concerned. You want to argue they should thats fine but it is a separate issue and it won't stop or even curb the cheating.
Again blaming the system is absurd. They are cheating to gain an advantage and will continue to do so until the penalty is actually severe enough to not do so.
This is especially true of the major programs that have been doing this for years and because of their status and their lawyers get away with slaps on the wrist at worst while small schools get hammered.

If they blame the system rather than the actual cheaters thats a cop out and nothing more than a way to once again excuse the abuse of of the rules by major programs. Something I GUARANTEE they would not say had this been Weber State, Eastern Washington, or Cal state Fullerton.

This pathetic excuse is no different than convicted criminals blaming the man. Its the mans fault. The system made me do it. I'm not responsible!

If they want to stop cheating they actually have to punish the main ones doing it and that is the big time programs at the top. No excuses, no projection of blame onto "the system".

You want to talk about stipends, fairness, and all that it is a totally separate issue and I guarantee it will in no way stop the players from wanting more, or the programs from doing everything they can to gain an advantage.

The cheating will go on until it is no longer in their best interest to do so.

Where did I say the players should be paid?

The issue here is that the players expect money as part of their recruiting.. because a. Why not? 2. It’s been happening for decades. 3. There’s clearly plenty of money going around.

It won’t stop, as you said, until it’s not in there interest. But that only happens when the billions of dollars are gone or shared on an open market. (Now I’m saying it) . It’s not the bribery. It’s that it’s inherent in a system that not only expects it but basically endorses it. The NCAA has done nothing expect pick and choose moments to flex its authority while basically turning a blind eye to why college athletics have evolved into entitlement, manipulation, abuse, lies and greed.

It’s a sickening institution. The NCAA makes billions. The schools make millions. To make more they need the best players. The players know this.

And when they get to actual school... what a dichotomy between them and the college kids.

DonovanJM

Reaction score
Don't most schools athletic departments lose money? How can they justify paying the athletes more than the $50k or so for tution, room and board? If you just want to pay the athletes on teams that generate a positive revenue how do you justify only paying the football players? Since football is generally the only team that makes money for a school?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What is surprising to me is that the top programs are the culprits - Arizona, USC, etc. These schools generally don't need to go to these lengths to recruit top players to their respective schools. You'd think that the smaller schools like VCU, Butler, Dayton, etc would be the ones doing this type to stuff to get better recruits to sign with their schools.

Latest posts