Congrats From A Bronco Fan

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Thanks. I think your losses finally showed up in this game. It would have been interesting if you would have had Harris, Dumervil (even though he left for the Ravens) and Von Miller on the edge; it was a a shame what happened to Derek Wolfe. I think that if the Broncos want to return to the Super Bowl they may have to establish a more physical pounding running game. Teams that line up and pass on the Hawks are a glutton for punishment. I also thing your secondary needs an overhaul.

Payton Manning is a class act and in his case, he is bigger than the game. He set an example in how he approached Sherman after the game to see if he was ok and if for whatever reason we are not in the Super Bowl, I will cheer for him. The reality is that the Hawks are a horrible matchup for Denver. I think you would have beaten the 49ers because their corners are not physical nor intimidating. I would love to hear how SF would have stopped Manning's passing game. When playing the Hawks, you aren't going to be able to release the ball in 2. whatever seconds. If I am a Bronco fan, I am rooting for the Niners next year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Peyton is and always will be pure class it's not his or Denver's fault that the NFC is much stronger than the AFC or that NFC West in particular is absolutely stacked. The scary thing is that the NFC South will be just as stacked this year.

hawker84

Reaction score
I too would like to thank the OP for showing up and being classy. I know what it feels like to come off a crushing defeat in the SB, i'm so very happy the refs did not play a part in this outcome. Although i've never been a Manning fan, he does embody the true essance of good sportsmanship and class. A deserving first ballot HOFer, and a real pioneer of the modern era game.

I'm in the agreement with some on here, in order for Denver to really contend next season, they must sew up the defense. Sorry but Champ is done, you need some physical safties, your linebackers are solid, the D line actually played decent containing lynch, but as you saw, RW can beat a defense without him. Going to be tough to do with Peyton eating up so much salary space.

I agree Denver should be the favorites out of the AFC again next season the AFC will not be strong. Unless KC figures out the offensive side of the ball and Brady gets some real weapons, I don't really see any serious challenges. NFC side however, is going to be a meat grinder, there are literally 5-6 teams that will be legit contenders next season, I think we make the playoffs, but we'll be lucky to get back to the dance..