Congrats on a dominant win!

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Now that the game has been played I must admit that the Seahawks defense is fantastic. Totally dominating. The better team won, as it should. Congratulations!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thanks Guido!

I was a bit surprised at he lopsided result. I think Ryan was watching too much film of the 10 games we played without an OL. Russell Wilson with a half tick of protection is a whole different animal to defend against. Seems like Ryan was calling a decent game, then some sort of ADD kicked in, I dunno. Y'all were pretty impressive against the run, for the most part.

Anyway, I salute you for manning up, especially so soon after the game. Good luck to your team. Hopefully they can knock the Panthers back a couple of notches. :mrgreen:

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Thanks Guido for being such a class act all week long. And thank you for showing the good sportsmanship to come back over, shake hands, and say, "Good Game." That's exactly what I teach the kids that I coach (be a gracious winner and a gracious loser) and I'm glad to see it. Despite what we saw last night, the Saints ARE a good football team. It's just that the rest of the nation last night finally woke up to the fact that the 2013 Seahawks ... are a special team (just like the 2009 Saints were). Take care and go blow out the Panthers this Sunday. I have a strong feeling that the Saints and Seahawks will meet one another again this year.

grizbob

Reaction score
:229031_cheers: now, concerning the Panthers :thgeterdone:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Thanks Guido, you are a class act. Now would you go ask theOak on your forums if he still thinks Wilson is only good because of Lynch?

I'm seeing alot of Saints fans on your board saying Ryan crapped the bed but they are ignoring that nearly everyone on that board said the key to beating Seattle was to take Lynch out of the game. Ryan did just that and he is getting railed on your forum for it.

Anyway best of luck the rest of the season. I hope your left tackle is ok. Keep us informed on his status if you don't mind. I hated seeing him go down last night.

Polaris

Reaction score
Guido, good to hear from you. I hope no hard feelings regarding our disagreements. Best wishes for the rest of your season....well unless the Saints face us again ;)

gargantual

Reaction score
Feel really bad about their plane breaking down. Sure hope they found a decent hotel. I was surprised the game was so lopsided, but anyone can have an off-game...even among the elite teams...which your team is definitely included.

Serious props for shutting down our run game...and good luck against the kittycatz!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hey Quido, did you learn your lesson ??

NEVER trust weather.com about the Pac NW when they say 0% precipitation.

What? You thought I was gonna run in a win ? Naw. More fun to talk smack about the weather.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Told all the newer folks you'd be back, win or lose. Saints fans are nearly all class and you and Iron Saint are the head of the class.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sorry it took me until morning to respond. I was in a catatonic daze. I actually went out and cleaned leaves out of the pool filtration system during halftime and mowed part of the lawn in total darkness. My wife said I was acting possessed. She claims that my head fully rotated at one point.

As for the game, I have no qualms about Ryan. He derived a plan to shut down the run and it was successful. It was the offense that I had a problem with. Three straight three and outs to open the game put the defense in a bad spot. I feel Payton tried too hard to force the run.

My head is not yet fully cleared. It will take me a couple of days to recover, I'm sure. The last half century my life has been so intertwined with the Saints that highs can be very high, while lows can be very low. It takes a physical toll.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I knew you'd return, Guido. Wasn't sure if it'd be today, or later in the week; but I knew you would before long. Sorry that a Saints poster I actually like had to endure such a beatdown, but not sorry that the Seahawks gave it, if you understand what I mean.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Polaris":29xq3itd said:
Guido, good to hear from you. I hope no hard feelings regarding our disagreements. Best wishes for the rest of your season....well unless the Saints face us again ;)

Of course, Polaris. I enjoy disagreements. That's what makes it fun.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w8ctcnf said:
I knew you'd return, Guido. Wasn't sure if it'd be today, or later in the week; but I knew you would before long. Sorry that a Saints poster I actually like had to endure such a beatdown, but not sorry that the Seahawks gave it, if you understand what I mean.

I understand completely, RD. And I quickly placed our beat in my signature because it is the truth ... and I had to. ;)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yep, I noticed. :)

Don't worry, the day the draft comes, you can put something insulting towards the Seahawks in it!

If I'm a Saints fan right now, I'm very curious to see how they play this Sunday evening against the Panthers. I think that one game will be a big indicator towards what to expect for postseason success from both teams. I'm looking forward to watching that game even as a Seahawks fan. Your thoughts?

niveky

Reaction score
I can see where people just point to Lynch and say the running game was shut down, but the loss of hats on wilson did produce significant rushing yardage. the hawks got about 30 yards of garbage time rushing yardage, but when i checked the stats around the beginning of the 4th they were still at a total of 98 rushing yards. That's not exactly bad, and they did technically end up with 127 total for the game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":ckl8ngyi said:
Sorry it took me until morning to respond. I was in a catatonic daze. I actually went out and cleaned leaves out of the pool filtration system during halftime and mowed part of the lawn in total darkness. My wife said I was acting possessed. She claims that my head fully rotated at one point.

As for the game, I have no qualms about Ryan. He derived a plan to shut down the run and it was successful. It was the offense that I had a problem with. Three straight three and outs to open the game put the defense in a bad spot. I feel Payton tried too hard to force the run.

My head is not yet fully cleared. It will take me a couple of days to recover, I'm sure. The last half century my life has been so intertwined with the Saints that highs can be very high, while lows can be very low. It takes a physical toll.

Trust me, we all get this. I had no doubts you would be back eventually, but wanted to rib you about the weather.com thing. ;)

Your post is why I wasn't fully invested this season. It always seems our Hawks give us a ton of expectations only to let us down at the end of the season. You could sense something special last year, but we pissed it away against the Falcons. Now I'm on board 100% after this last game (how could you not be?). I'm sorry it had to come at the expense of your team.

Good luck against the Panthers.