Conor McGegor accused or rape/sexual assault

pmedic920

Reaction score
At game four of NBA FINALS

Very few details available yet but this will probably BLOW UP over the next few days.

From what I’ve gathered, it allegedly happened in a men’s bathroom.
Raises the question “why was she in the men’s restroom”?

My stance is, If he did this he should be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law, if he didn’t and the allegations are false she should suffer the exact same punishment that he would get if found guilty.

Edit: I suspect that his money and notoriety will somehow get him off lightly if the allegations are actually true.

If they are proven true, aside from punishing him via the legal system, I’d like to see a lifetime ban from any fight organizations.
I’d like to see a world wide boycott of his whisky and any other endeavors he’s associated with.
Again, if the allegations are proven to be false the woman should suffer dearly as well.

YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_1427.png
    IMG_1427.png
    457.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
For the record:

I’m a fan of CM the fighter.

I’m the exact opposite (not a fan) of CM the man.

Him punching the old man for refusing a drink was the deal sealer for me.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Way too many allegations against people getting clawed back. I've stopped caring when I hear accusations like this.

R*pe is vile. But it is so vile that it should have to be proven. The idea of an innocent person getting stuck with that label is almost as vile as the act. So far, we've seen too many accusations tar and feather people that turned out to be baseless.

So until I see proof and the proof is both solid and near indisputable, Im not sure it warrants worrying about. You can be a piece of crap and not be a hard r*pist. So punching an old man is despicable, doesn't mean you did THAT.

Extraordinary claims require proof. Absent that proof, you give the benefit of the doubt to the accused. The system works that way for a good reason.

Maybe he did it. Maybe he didn't. But until we know, we probably should be more concerned about finding out the truth than trusting opinions. I don't believe her until there is a lot more proof. And if there is, then the court will take care of it. If there isn't? Then we cannot pass judgment.

Threedee

Reaction score
Bump:

Do we not have any MMA/UFC fans here?

Even the casual fan should know who Conor M. is and some of his history.
I got a kick out of him at first. It was even neat how he set up the match with Floyd Mayweather, knowing that he could look good by taking advantage of Mayweather's meticulous defensive style (and it was a good look for the UFC brand). He kind of lost me ever since the stunt with the travel bus, and hasn't done himself any favors since. I did give Proper Number Twelve a try, and didn't get into it.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Way too many allegations against people getting clawed back. I've stopped caring when I hear accusations like this.

R*pe is vile. But it is so vile that it should have to be proven. The idea of an innocent person getting stuck with that label is almost as vile as the act. So far, we've seen too many accusations tar and feather people that turned out to be baseless.

So until I see proof and the proof is both solid and near indisputable, Im not sure it warrants worrying about. You can be a piece of crap and not be a hard r*pist. So punching an old man is despicable, doesn't mean you did THAT.

Extraordinary claims require proof. Absent that proof, you give the benefit of the doubt to the accused. The system works that way for a good reason.

Maybe he did it. Maybe he didn't. But until we know, we probably should be more concerned about finding out the truth than trusting opinions. I don't believe her until there is a lot more proof. And if there is, then the court will take care of it. If there isn't? Then we cannot pass judgment.
Well I certainly agree with most of what you said except for the last sentence.

On a personal level I can pass judgement on the person making the claim if it turns out to be false.
I’ve always held the opinion that a person making a false claim against another should suffer the exact same punishment that the accused would suffer if actually found guilty.

Meaning:
If the penalty would be 10 years to life and the accusation was proven false (malicious) then the accuser should get 10 yeas to life.

In terms of sex crimes against women and children it’s a very deep and involved subject but anyone falsely accused basically gets their life ruined simply by the stigma of having to defend themselves.

I’m not going to convict Conor in my mind until I know more, but it is very unfortunate for victims in some of these cases with wealthy celebrity type people. It seems too many times it’s very likely that it happened but a payoff or plea deal gets made.

This particular situation won’t surprise me either way it turns out, he did it, or the accusation was false.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That might be true pmedic. But the reality of what is fair vs what really happens? Very different. In most cases, there is little to no legal repercussion and often not even much social repercussion to false accusations. And lets not forget that even when accusations are dropped or proven wrong, in many instances there are still significant repercussions for the accused. (See Buffalo Bills kicker as an example)

We also have to acknowledge that there is the potential of significant gain for making false accusations, from social clout to monetary gain. When there is the potential for gain and little potential for loss (just an ethical barrier) many people will gleefully tear through that barrier. If we acknowledge that rape is usually less about sex and more often about power and humiliation....it can become clear that those are often benefits of false accusations. Rapists want to inflict humiliation, control, and feel in power. Often so do false accusers, in a weird way almost looking for the same reward rapists look for - just delivered in a different vehicle.

Finally, because we are in a weird stage where people assume guilt unless proven innocent it becomes a weapon that can be wielded with near impunity.

The benefit of the doubt should ALWAYS go to the accused in heinous crimes. Sure. Listen to the potential victim. Take steps to make sure they are safe/protected. But punishing without clarifying the truth? Far too much given what being accused can do to your life EVEN WHEN PROVEN INNOCENT.