Cowboys DT arrested for pot possession

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Team Slapaho":sgl5nmcc said:
Sports Hernia":sgl5nmcc said:
At my former employer I couldn’t use pot products and could be fired anytime for a positive test, even though pot is legal in Washington.
You wouldn’t believe how many employers still have these archaic rules. Pot needs to be treated like alcohol when it comes to employers.

That being said, rules as much as they may suck are rules. If me and my $45,000 a year job can stay pot free, millionaire athletes with millions on the line and much more to lose should be able to do so too.

I disagree, we have forklift drivers who smoke pot and have nearly crushed people because they are high. So no, the rules aren’t archaic, they are there to protect us from people who think they have the “right” (because the state made it legal to do so in your home) to smoke weed and operate equipment and or vehicles. I personally HATE that people do this and are behind the wheel of a vehicle.
I don’t think we disagree at all. Maybe I did a poor job of explaining my point.
IMHO you should not be fired for using pot products on your own time.

That being said...

If you come to work drunk or high on pot you should be terminated especially if you drive, work on or operate power equipment.
I drove a forklift for over 20 years and would NEVER drive one impaired.

Pot use needs to be treated like alcohol use.