Cowboys + Refs = Trouble

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":oa3jkc5e said:
Sgt. Largent":oa3jkc5e said:
I'm normally down for a good conspiracy theory, but if the league wanted Dallas to win before the game even started then why'd they reverse the Suh suspension?

Also the league and refs are two separate entities, and two entities that hate each other. So why the hell would the refs jeopardize their jobs and integrity for a front office that they've had nothing but contempt for?

Horrible botched call? Hell yes. Conspiracy? Nope.
They let Suh back so folks would say what you just did. It couldn't have been fixed because look we let Suh play. Then NFL was just trying to cover their ass for any "potential" future controversy in the game.

Some crazy ass shizzle goin' on in this thread.

That's what they want you think man!

That+s+what+they+want+you+to+think+_acf0db702e9ddb663e51ec0d7e276e25.jpg

So who does the league want to win this week? GB or Dallas? I need to know ahead of time so I can keep my eye out for nefarious referee activities.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ykej0lw said:
So who does the league want to win this week? GB or Dallas? I need to know ahead of time so I can keep my eye out for nefarious referee activities.

If I was in on the fixing then the Cowboys and Packers is a win-win, but there's absolutely no way I'd let the Panthers win in Seattle. Seahawks v Cowboys/Packers NFC Championship game would draw huge ratings.

253hawk

Reaction score
vonstout":1tvcl9h1 said:
253hawk":1tvcl9h1 said:
Just gonna leave this here:

SevereUnacceptableCornsnake.gif
Why didn't you show the whole play where the defender is holding him before that or the interference that came at the end of your video? I'm not going to disagree that there were some pushoffs both ways, but it was certainly holding AND OPI too.

Because it's not my video and I had no control over the duration of the replay.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6qm1uv8h said:
GB or Dallas doesn't really matter since they are two of the most popular teams in all of American Pro Sports, and no way the NFL wants Carolina to beat us, it will be GB or Dallas vs Seattle 100% guaranteed. As for the AFC, they probably are done with the Ravens storyline so no way they beat New England this time, Indy-Denver doesn't matter because it could either be Peyton's last hurrah or Peyton "handing the baton" to Luck setting up a Luck-Brady Title Game. Everything is following the perfect script.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RunTheBall":z2pz4ysc said:
Sgt. Largent":z2pz4ysc said:
GB or Dallas doesn't really matter since they are two of the most popular teams in all of American Pro Sports, and no way the NFL wants Carolina to beat us, it will be GB or Dallas vs Seattle 100% guaranteed. As for the AFC, they probably are done with the Ravens storyline so no way they beat New England this time, Indy-Denver doesn't matter because it could either be Peyton's last hurrah or Peyton "handing the baton" to Luck setting up a Luck-Brady Title Game. Everything is following the perfect script.
I wouldn't be surprised one bit, if the Hawks got zebra help vs Carolina if they need it. Its all about the $$$. ...and it doesn't make it right if the Hawks benefit from steered/fixed officiating, it's just as wrong as the NFL's abortion in Dallas yesterday.

The NFL has a HUGE credibility problem that they need to address and fix, but they won't!

Cartire

Reaction score
Dont think its a conspiracy. However, 2 things come to mind when thinking about fixing.

Everyone seems to be under the impression that if a game was fixed it was the League that would do it. Why is this? The majority of counters to this is that the league is to big and there is to much to risk. But I think people are looking to deep. The fix would never come from the league, and most the reasons given here are why. The fix would come from a bookie/gambler, a single team exec. Not the league. It would be about money. Its always about money. Why does the fix have to come from the whole league for there to be a fix? A single ref, or even a select few can easily be manipulated and CONTROLLED.

2nd, if there ever was a conspiracy, or a fix, they could definitely count on the mass amount of people defending that there is not one because they dont want to sound nusto. Talk about a perfect amount of PR supplied for free by everyone that wants to the world to be reasonable and defends it just because.

Excuse my post for the numerous errors. Just got home from the airport and had plenty to drink on the plane.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Cartire":25t5guex said:
Dont think its a conspiracy. However, 2 things come to mind when thinking about fixing.

Everyone seems to be under the impression that if a game was fixed it was the League that would do it. Why is this? The majority of counters to this is that the league is to big and there is to much to risk. But I think people are looking to deep. The fix would never come from the league, and most the reasons given here are why. The fix would come from a bookie/gambler, a single team exec. Not the league. It would be about money. Its always about money. Why does the fix have to come from the whole league for there to be a fix? A single ref, or even a select few can easily be manipulated and CONTROLLED.

2nd, if there ever was a conspiracy, or a fix, they could definitely count on the mass amount of people defending that there is not one because they dont want to sound nusto. Talk about a perfect amount of PR supplied for free by everyone that wants to the world to be reasonable and defends it just because.

Excuse my post for the numerous errors. Just got home from the airport and had plenty to drink on the plane.
All refs bank accounts should be monitored during Dec-Feb to make sure no unusually large transactions are taking place, but that would never happen. It should, but it won't. The NFL is too cheap to hire full time refs and keep tabs on them, instead they get random people off the street basically working part-time jobs.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2y398062 said:
RunTheBall":2y398062 said:
Sgt. Largent":2y398062 said:
I wouldn't be surprised one bit, if the Hawks got zebra help vs Carolina if they need it. Its all about the $$$. ...and it doesn't make it right if the Hawks benefit from steered/fixed officiating, it's just as wrong as the NFL's abortion in Dallas yesterday.

The NFL has a HUGE credibility problem that they need to address and fix, but they won't!
I agree with you, if the Seahawks need ref help vs. the Panthers they will probably get a bit. But it's very doubtful we will need it. Game will be either called evenly or slightly leaning to the Seahawks side.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pehawk":13ak4vhw said:
Does anyone think the flag would've been picked up if it we're Detroit that was interfered with? In Detroit even?

I dont think so...I just don't. I saw Buffalo get jobbed in Denver. KC in Arizona. Arizona in Philly last year. And KC in Pittsburgh 3 years ago. All those instances protected key primetime match-up's.

Is it a conspiracy? No, no it is not. But, it's a preference if you just look at the outcomes. The NFL, by their own admission won't allow Seahawks primetime home games...thats a form of preferences being implemented. That's the nfl controlling outcomes.

I don't know what's going on, but, Dallas gets away with the most holding I've ever seen. It's depressing.

A friend of mine, who happens to be a Cowboy fan asked me to break down of their game in GB. I had nothing too offer, genuinely, because if that OL is allowed to hold, ya know?

This whole thing makes me literally kind of depressed.
Great post

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
conspiracy? there is no conspiracy. its not even a debate, on that 3 and 1 there were both blatant holding and blatant pi on that play by the defender, a flag was thrown, then subsequently picked up 40 seconds later. mike periera and countless others have said it was pi. then u have dez bryant running on the field without a helmet, arguing the call with a ref, and of course, nothing was called when 100% of the time it should

there were countless blatant violations by the cowboys, mainly in the 2nd half, that were not called

there is no conspiracy. the cowboys season has been scripted this far

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen a snippet where Garrett says were talking about the wrong thing and that is should not be about officiating but the Cowboys and their next opponent, all these distractions are making it harder to prepare.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2b8z3yst said:
So, it's clear the league wants the Cowboys to win, right?
As I stated, this matchup they didn't really care as Green Bay has just as big a fanbase as the Cowboys. They are consistently 2 of the top teams in popularity.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1pzi1h75 said:
Sgt. Largent":1pzi1h75 said:
4 for 4, this is too easy. I'm not saying that all games are fixed, and I'm not saying that even any of these are. But the refs do definitely lean in favor of "desirable" matchups.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3fyc586p said:
RunTheBall":3fyc586p said:
Sgt. Largent":3fyc586p said:
4 for 4, this is too easy. I'm not saying that all games are fixed, and I'm not saying that even any of these are. But the refs do definitely lean in favor of "desirable" matchups.

in what way did the refs change the outcome of any of the games? serious question. please be sure to include how every opportunity for either of the losing teams to change the outcomes that had been decided were also taken away, not just one call (that is clearly defined in the rule book already).

its really not hard to call these games. Patriots and Packers and Seahawks win at home? what? way to go out on a limb. 11 win Colts team beats an obviously debilitated Manning in Denver (after playing them close earlier in the season)? you were the only one that called it...

the refs dont lean in the favor of anything. they may be influenced by a player or coach here and there, or the roar of the crowd. any other suggestions is gibberish

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3gbuskqz said:
RunTheBall":3gbuskqz said:
RunTheBall":3gbuskqz said:
Sgt. Largent":3gbuskqz said:

in what way did the refs change the outcome of any of the games? serious question. please be sure to include how every opportunity for either of the losing teams to change the outcomes that had been decided were also taken away, not just one call (that is clearly defined in the rule book already).

its really not hard to call these games. Patriots and Packers and Seahawks win at home? what? way to go out on a limb. 11 win Colts team beats an obviously debilitated Manning in Denver (after playing them close earlier in the season)? you were the only one that called it...

the refs dont lean in the favor of anything. they may be influenced by a player or coach here and there, or the roar of the crowd. any other suggestions is gibberish

Shut up man, RunTheBall is Nostradamus, he picked two favourites and took all four teams in the other two games. 4/4 bitches. Incredible foresight.

Largent80

Reaction score
As long as humans are making the calls there will always be good and bad ones. The call in Dallas was a bad one, the one in GB was the correct one. They turned over Earl's INT. on the exact same rule.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1bw6s6zq said:
Uncle Si":1bw6s6zq said:
RunTheBall":1bw6s6zq said:
RunTheBall":1bw6s6zq said:

Shut up man, RunTheBall is Nostradamus, he picked two favourites and took all four teams in the other two games. 4/4 bitches. Incredible foresight.

Kim Basinger (57)...

(whoops, wrong thread)

RunTheBall

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3t1rpguv said:
My stalker is here again it appears, and literally no one was saying the Colts would win, more hype was given to the Panthers 5 game win streak than the Colts.