Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":10xe4wjp said:
ivotuk":10xe4wjp said:
GCrow":10xe4wjp said:
Taking 3 steps is not a football move?

Absolute Horse**** call.

Let me guess, Dallas fan?

How does not liking a call make any of us a Cowboys fan. It was a bad call. Post game makes it more clear to me. His abode actually touches down before his forearm and the ball dislodged that's crazy.
ET got screwed by that rule yesterday. Call was correct. Don't lke the rule, change the rule, which they will since Dallas thinks they got screwed.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are watching because he never established control, nor did he take three steps, nor did his knee touch the ground prior to the ball popping out. It was the right call unless you guys are arguing for a rule change which would have given Earl the interception yesterday. You have to control the ball throughout the catch plain and simple.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
GCrow":3281bwv2 said:

Absolute Horse**** call.

Horse**** call or Horse**** rule? Big difference.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Natethegreat":5qvi9eu0 said:
I don't know what you guys are watching because he never established control, nor did he take three steps, nor did his knee touch the ground prior to the ball popping out. It was the right call unless you guys are arguing for a rule change which would have given Earl the interception yesterday. You have to control the ball throughout the catch plain and simple.

Seriously? He one hands the ball throughout much of the process but has complete control with the ball not moving at all until he hits the ground.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":1gv93rx8 said:
Sports Hernia":1gv93rx8 said:
SeahawksEast":1gv93rx8 said:
So, he caught the ball, was moving forward with three clear steps towards the end zone, falls to a knee with ball still in possession and then his forearm hits down with the ground popping the ball loose.

I think the Hawks match up better against the Pack than the hulking Dallas O line but methinks the Cowboys got jobbed.
I don't think they got jobbed, same rule that wiped out an ET pick yesterday.

......and I am wrong and they did get jobbed, so be it, their season should have ended last week but was extended due to crappy officiating.

The ET call was clearly the right one. Love the Hawks as much as anyone but the point of the ball touched ground for ET before comption of catch.

And Dez didn't maintain possession throughout the process of going to the ground.
It was explained in a very easy to understand way.
The rule may need to be tweaked but they got it right as written.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
I think Joe Buck has more love for the Cowboys than the Packers, but next week will still be brutal with him drooling over GB

BigBill1945

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":2nbeiotm said:
I think Joe Buck has more love for the Cowboys than the Packers, but next week will still be brutal with him drooling over GB

Look who he is sitting next to.....LOL

Marvin49

Reaction score
That was the correct call. I saw it on the first replay. As soon as that ball came loose it was incomplete.

Gotta feel bad for GB tho. I think they are gonna get crushed next week...and it will be familiar for them.

In 2012 they saw their season begin and end with losses to SF. In 2013 they again saw their season begin and end with losses to SF. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the exact same thing is about to happen with Seattle, IE again they will see their season begin and end with losses to the same team.

I think they need to petition the league to play Tampa in week 1. :D

hawk45

Reaction score
To me it looked like the corner jogs the ball, and it is only when Dez transfers it to his left hand that he is fully in control. After that specific point in the play, he takes only one step as he falls to the ground. So the ball is dislodged by the ground after a single step, and that step was definitely part of landing after securing control and not a separate subsequent act. He makes his football move as he is going to the ground and landing, not after landing in control. I'm not even certain that it's proof of a bad rule, let alone proof of a bad application of the rule. Refs did the right thing IMO.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1a9u957f said:
SeahawksEast":1a9u957f said:
ivotuk":1a9u957f said:
GCrow":1a9u957f said:

Absolute Horse**** call.

How does not liking a call make any of us a Cowboys fan. It was a bad call. Post game makes it more clear to me. His abode actually touches down before his forearm and the ball dislodged that's crazy.
ET got screwed by that rule yesterday. Call was correct. Don't lke the rule, change the rule, which they will since Dallas thinks they got screwed.

Earls was much much different.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
BigBill1945":1bulky6f said:
SeahawksEast":1bulky6f said:

I about spit out my drink when earlier in the game they called a PI on GB and Aikman goes " good call as he never turned around to play the ball". Say what?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":1d66tfeo said:
BigBill1945":1d66tfeo said:
SeahawksEast":1d66tfeo said:

I about spit out my drink when earlier in the game they called a PI on GB and Aikman goes " good call as he never turned around to play the ball". Say what?

What's your point? Aikman said last week during the game that he thought it was a PI

StoneCold

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":66uhjca2 said:
chevelle03":66uhjca2 said:
I think that should be a catch since he basically took a step and reached for the goal line AFTER he caught the ball, then it came loose.
I tend to agree. It's hard for me to see that as a legit overturn. Looked like he caught it, then extended, then the ground knocked it out. I know that "completing the catch" is a squishy place, but that was close.

The question comes down to was he making a football move, the 2 or three steps (stumbles?) or was he going to the ground. If he's going to the ground he must maintain control of the ball until he stops moving. If it's the latter, no catch. Former, it's a catch. Personally I can't call the stumbling steps a football move.

Players know the rules. If Dez had focused on the catch and not trying to get the TD Dallas wins this game. Dez went for glory and came up empty.

SC

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":28ujsz68 said:
..........Things continue to break the Seahawk's way, it's like it's destiny or something...
"I'm your density" - George McFly
:mrgreen:

Sports Hernia":28ujsz68 said:
......Call was correct. Don't like the rule, change the rule, which they will since Dallas thinks they got screwed.
Told my buddy the same thing. Dullass got hurt by a rule so it will be changed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":16j7857a said:
ivotuk":16j7857a said:
GCrow":16j7857a said:

Absolute Horse**** call.

It makes you a cowboy fan when you continue to argue that it was a bad call when the rules say otherwise. Even Pereira predicted it would be called incomplete by rule when he saw the play.

It's the same call for a lot of plays over the years, and it became famous after the very same referee called Calvin Johnson's TD incomplete for not completing the pass as per the rules. Yet a few here continue to be up in arms and claim the cowpokes got jobbed when the rules and the replay (and even the Cowboy Homer announcers) say otherwise.

I didn't see you guys protesting the screw job the referees put on Detroit last week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ivotuk":2bf6b7kc said:
SeahawksEast":2bf6b7kc said:
ivotuk":2bf6b7kc said:
GCrow":2bf6b7kc said:

Absolute Horse**** call.

It makes you a cowboy fan when you continue to argue that it was a bad call when the rules say otherwise. Even Pereira predicted it would be called incomplete by rule when he saw the play.

It's the same call for a lot of plays over the years, and it became famous after the very same referee called Calvin Johnson's TD incomplete for not completing the pass as per the rules. Yet a few here continue to be up in arms and claim the cowpokes got jobbed when the rules and the replay (and even the Cowboy Homer announcers) say otherwise.

I didn't see you guys protesting the screw job the referees put on Detroit last week.

Yeah, to me it was pretty cut and dry.

As soon as that ball hit down and popped loose, it was over. There was not question as to IF it came loose. It did. Incomplete.

Hate the rule all you want, but that was the proper call.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":2ydycqqi said:
Sports Hernia":2ydycqqi said:
SeahawksEast":2ydycqqi said:
ivotuk":2ydycqqi said:

Absolute Horse**** call.

Earls was much much different.
I respectfully disagree.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":n3gy4mea said:
marymoorhawk":n3gy4mea said:
BigBill1945":n3gy4mea said:
SeahawksEast":n3gy4mea said:

What's your point? Aikman said last week during the game that he thought it was a PI

That the refs called it one way last week and actually picked up a flag and this week its called. Zero consistency.

Anyway, Cowboy fans, you live by the flags you die by the flags.

And GB still would have had a ton of time to drive for game winning or tying FG (depending on 2pt outcome) so the game was far from decided on that single call either way.