Crap. This Sherman thing is EXPLODING everywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hoxrox":1mhvqgfz said:
He wasn't the only player that made plays today, but he's making himself bigger than the team. To me, that's the issue - not the trash talk in of itself. People aren't talking how awesome and gritty this team win was. They're talking about this Sherman rant.

Pete said it best when he told the players that whatever they do, remember that they are Seahawks.

No one is stopping the media from talking about anything else, they'll all focus on what they do best. Create controversy. And this team thrives off the negative spotlight more than it does the positive one.

Furthermore, I doubt anyone in that locker-room on the Seahawks is belittled by what Sherman said. Every guy on that team will say he is the best CB in the NFL. Every guy on the Seahawks probably loved Sherman's real and raw emotional display/outburst in such a critical moment in his young career. AND Sherman's message was clear:

Don't play with dynamite, if you can't handle the BOOM.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":24fyrtcs said:
hoxrox":24fyrtcs said:
He wasn't the only player that made plays today, but he's making himself bigger than the team. To me, that's the issue - not the trash talk in of itself. People aren't talking how awesome and gritty this team win was. They're talking about this Sherman rant.

Pete said it best when he told the players that whatever they do, remember that they are Seahawks.

No one is stopping the media from talking about anything else, they'll all focus on what they do best. Create controversy. And this team thrives off the negative spotlight more than it does the positive one.

Furthermore, I doubt anyone in that locker-room on the Seahawks is belittled by what Sherman said. Every guy on that team will say he is the best CB in the NFL. Every guy on the Seahawks probably loved Sherman's real and raw emotional display/outburst in such a critical moment in his young career. AND Sherman's message was clear:

Don't play with dynamite, if you can't handle the BOOM.

Agreed. Earl Thomas actually said the other day that Sherm put the Seahawks on the map after he started talking. If you watch Earl now, he's getting more and more comfortable with the media and extra attention. These guys love the attention that Sherm brings to the team, good or bad.

Riley12

Reaction score
All I need is what Deion Sanders said - He is the greatest corner back in the game today and he was caught just after he brought his team to the Super Bowl. There is a lot of behind the scenes shit going on in these games and we aren't privy to them.

LOVE the comment. LOVE the attitude.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Was on the news here in Australia - the sport usually only gets coverage if an Australian is playing (sometimes for Super Bowl too).

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
@TomPelissero: Richard Sherman says Michael Crabtree said something to him in the offseason and now he'll be tough on him for his entire career.

@BrocknDanny: Richard Sherman said Michael Crabtree said something to him this offseason in Arizona. "He knows what he said."

strohmin

Reaction score
I loved every second of what he did and what he said. If he plays like how hes been playing, he can say whatever the hell he wants. I really hate this whole this is how professional athletes are supposed to act and talk crap.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I loved seeing Sherman being Sherman. Here's a different perspective though... one poster quoted Earl Thomas regarding what Sherman says. Well another thing Earl said is that Sherman always has a reason for anything he says. It's pretty obvious that he's more tuned in (as are several others on our team, it seems) when there's an outside voice knocking him in one way or another. Those Broncos players aren't really known to be talkers, so rather than try to rope them into a war of words, what better way to get yourself some bulletin board material than several media outlets painting you and/or your team as the villain?

themunn

Reaction score
Sherman paints a target on his back with this, he makes QBs and WRs want to shut him up, and he takes advantage of it.

Manning probably has more sense than that to test him, but I can bet that the Broncos are drawing up plays to try and embarrass him and get in his head. And he's gonna watch you come and visit, take your money and watch you leave.

Thaihawk

Reaction score
It does not get better than beating the Niners at home to go to the superbowl via a Sherman play on Crabs and Kaep. Period.

Tical21

Reaction score
I was contemplating writing a post lately giving Kudos to Sherman for maturing this season. My bad.

Classless punk. This guy is the face of our franchise? Somebody shut his annoying ass up.

Highlordb

Reaction score
I love it! finally some raw emotion from players....non of this fake bs quotes and crap. Sherman is the best simple and I don't care what others think. I am loving it!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Steve Wiech? On NFL morning just said this thing between them began last year at a charity event.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I love what sherman did. Watched it probably 10 times after it happened.

djb28

Reaction score
If they wernt talking about sherman and his antics they probably wouldnt be talking about us at all. And everyone would be pissed and disrespected, complaining here. Someone was actually disrespected and let emotion take him over in the biggest moment of his playing career and people are still bitchin. Oh well. I will sit back and enjoy it to its fullest!

homerun1970

Reaction score
Sherman is extremely bright, any thought to him putting the spotlight and target on him while the team gets less pressure? I know he's fiery and confrontational as hell but glad he is a hawk.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's freaking football!

Did Sherm take a guy out by wrecking his knees or headhunting?

Did he kill somebody or maim them?

Did he drop F-bombs?

Did he abuse a woman?

No, he just bragged a bit after making the play of his career.

People love to get outraged over stupid shit and this whole thing will blow over in about 48 hours.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Aros":30jp31ox said:
We All We Got, We All WE NEED!!!
This is what my immediate response was as well to this post... But you said it for me.

Wish this was the shack right now...

F* the world. They never gave two rats about us before and I'm tired of caring what they think. They can all hate us for all I care cause I love this team and that will never change. Richard Sherman will be Richard Sherman, that aint going to change and I for one wouldn't want him to because sooooo much great comes with those outbursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts