Crazy stat I heard on sports center

Seafan

Reaction score
As a fan, coach, player, would you rather lose your first two or your last two?

If you lose 4 games during the season it matters little when you lose them.

HawkerD

Reaction score
45Hawker":1rlc5zzo said:
AgentDib":1rlc5zzo said:
Not sure what you two are on about, you can easily compare the schedules yourself (and should if you are commenting on them). The entire NFC West does have a difficult (shared) schedule, but the Seahawks have the most difficult schedule among those 4 due to the other two opponents and the way the schedule lined up. It's not a conspiracy or anything and part of the way the NFL tries to keep things balanced, but "we have been given one of the most difficult schedules of any team" is factually correct.
2015 NFC West schedule - # of games against opponents coming off a bye:

AZ: 1
SF: 0
STL: 0

SEA: 4
Week 6 - Carolina
Week 10 - Arizona*
Week 11 - SF
Week 12 - Pittsburgh

* We have a bye in week 9 as well. So the team we're facing after our bye also has a bye!

No conspiracy at all. :p

Thing is all those teams are coming to the Clink after their bye week. From AdvancedNFLstats.com:
Away teams playing after a bye.
Wins 126,losses 141 for 47.2%.Expected margin of defeat was 1.7 points,actual was 0.8 points.

Team Patera

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3u6dk6gf said:
To me....it's not that we might go 0-2. The NFL has done it's utmost to keep the Hawks from a 3rd post season appearance in a row. We have been given one of the most difficult schedules of any team. I'm more concerned about how we lose. Losing in overtime often happens on the Road. We almost pulled it off in spite of playing poorly in many facets. Let's see if the team can put forth an improved effort this Sunday. If we get "blown out"....then I'll begin to "sweat".
I hardly believe the folks behind the NFL schedules sat at a round table and said, "Let's stick it to Seattle" and make it difficult for them. we're just one of 32 teams.