Curious?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why did RW stay in the whole game? I though by the 4th quarter we would see more backups (including quarterback). Not a criticism just doesn't seem very Pete Carroll like. I know its Drew Brees but by the 4th we had sucked the life out of him.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I believe it. But he has done it before. Plus it is a coaching decision (or should be) See RG3 debacle. We need him good for the postseason.
P.S. I am in no way comparing the two people just the two situations.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":mgqm5ug1 said:
Why did RW stay in the whole game? I though by the 4th quarter we would see more backups (including quarterback). Not a criticism just doesn't seem very Pete Carroll like. I know its Drew Brees but by the 4th we had sucked the life out of him.

RW doesn't trust anyone else with the ball when it's 3rd and long with 4 minutes left and you're up by 27 points.

Dismas

Reaction score
If Russ had been taking hits, or been put under any sort of duress, I feel confident Pete would have pulled him for garbage time.

The line was protecting well, though, and who better to have in to put the game away than the assassin smurf?

I was a little surprised TJack didn't get the last drive, just as a playing time opportunity, but really, TJack doesn't need playing time . . if Russel goes down, our SB possibilities decrease drastically.

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3okdhgfi said:
I believe it. But he has done it before. Plus it is a coaching decision (or should be) See RG3 debacle. We need him good for the postseason.
P.S. I am in no way comparing the two people just the two situations.
You ever watch when he comes out he never takes his helmet off and bird dogs the coach Tryin to get back in the dude jus loves to play...plus did u see that play calling my guess is russell put one of those big sexy python arms to bevells throat and now russell is running the show lol

Domseahawks

Reaction score
i see it as them keeping him in game situations for a massive game we have for the division this week, keeping him on point as possible. Even though he probably wouldn't need it

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Run, run, pass is why... But then we passed more... Lol. I don't know, but I am glad he stayed in.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Have no idea why he was still in the game. And then he was sacked midway through the 4th. From my seats he looked like he took a good hit.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Pete's quote was that they just wanted to keep him in there to close it out, because "we didn't want to take any chances." As someone who was cringing that Russell was being left out there for that long, I can't especially say that I understand the logic of how keeping Russell out there reduces risk. I suppose that Pete is pretending that we could have blown the 27-point lead otherwise, but that's silly. Even the Saints were warming up to put the backup in.

Anyway, it is what it is and no harm was done, but I worried about this too.

Latest posts