Cyrus Kouandjio... am I missing something?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
kearly":iyfh55la said:
In addition to our FA losses, I would be surprised if guys like Bryant, Mebane, Baldwin, and Sherman are not at least shopped. Shopping Maxwell might make some sense too, because I doubt he gets a 2nd contract from us.

What price do you think they'd accept for Sherman?* An early 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next as well as a couple of late rounders? Clowney, Greg Robinson or Mike Evans would be nice...

*IF Sherman's next contract is going to have too big of an opportunity cost, that is, I really don't want to see him playing anywhere else.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2nvksnmj said:
kearly":2nvksnmj said:
In addition to our FA losses, I would be surprised if guys like Bryant, Mebane, Baldwin, and Sherman are not at least shopped. Shopping Maxwell might make some sense too, because I doubt he gets a 2nd contract from us.

What price do you think they'd accept for Sherman?* An early 1st and 2nd this year and a 1st next as well as a couple of late rounders? Clowney, Greg Robinson or Mike Evans would be nice...

*IF Sherman's next contract is going to have too big of an opportunity cost, that is, I really don't want to see him playing anywhere else.

If they do trade him it would be for something like what Revis snagged for NYJ. 1st rd pick(13th) and a conditional for the next year.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":x5alzar5 said:
Hawkspur":x5alzar5 said:
kearly":x5alzar5 said:

If they do trade him it would be for something like what Revis snagged for NYJ. 1st rd pick(13th) and a conditional for the next year.

With Sherman being younger and without the ACL issues I'd hope the returns would be a bit more bountiful than that. More like what the Falcons gave the Browns for Julio Jones, adjusted to account for both the more expensive contract (compared to Jones) and the fact that in Sherman they'd be getting a player at the top of his game rather than an NFL-unproven rookie.

Otherwise just keep him 1 year and franchise tag the next to squeeze out 2 more years.

But, hopefully this is all academic anyways.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2ni67mri said:
EverydayImRusselin":2ni67mri said:
Hawkspur":2ni67mri said:
kearly":2ni67mri said:

With Sherman being younger and without the ACL issues I'd hope the returns would be a bit more bountiful than that. More like what the Falcons gave the Browns for Julio Jones, adjusted to account for both the more expensive contract (compared to Jones) and the fact that in Sherman they'd be getting a player at the top of his game rather than an NFL-unproven rookie.

Otherwise just keep him 1 year and franchise tag the next to squeeze out 2 more years.

But, hopefully this is all academic anyways.

I don't think any team would offer up more than what TB did. Certainly not the bounty of picks you suggested or else I think we'd trade him in a heartbeat. Even if Sherman is young and healthy, he's still about to get paid big time.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
The contract's obviously a big factor. Unless we get a offered a bounty I think the best option is to keep the band togrther for 2 more years and see what happens.

titan3131

Reaction score
After some research I really believe we pick cyrus up. A doctor cleared him and he has no issue according to himself.

AND he chose not to do alabamas pro day... sounds like Js wiley words have taken his ear and he is dropping to us.

KEARLY WHAT U THINK?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
His knees are messed up. He had one of the slowest 40s you can imagine from a supposedly athletic OT.

I would not be disappointed at all if we landed him because I think we need a lot of help at OT, but 32 is too high will all these warning signs.

jhern87

Reaction score
Meh, just from info read online I'm not sold but there's always so much more to the story.

If he's interviewed and Cable likes what he hears from him then I'll trust the judgement of our professionals but it seems like there are some safer bets.

Latest posts