D.K. Metcalf showed up for OTAs, not joining fellow 4th year WRs in holding out, wants to be here

toffee

Reaction score
DK is showing at OTA and showing desire to stay! Good news indeed, may be there's some chemistry with Geno?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Showing a lot of leadership which has been lacking on that offence for years. Hopefully he's around for a while.

GemCity

Reaction score
With Wagz and Russ gone, DKs taking on the leadership role.

Say what you want, but I see Adams and Brooks leading from the other side. Diggs was/is already there.

Get DKs contract wrapped up soon!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Dk having a QB using the whole field is a dream for me..
Glad he's showing he wants to stay.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, beyond the point that these are technically not OTAs, they're volutary, it is a good sign that DK is there. We'll see when they start actual workouts how much he participates, the first few days is all physicals and meetings, I believe. Perhaps he's smart enough to know that his contract, as important as it is, will have to wait until after the draft to get figured out.

But it is a good sign he's in the building.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Well, beyond the point that these are technically not OTAs, they're volutary, it is a good sign that DK is there. We'll see when they start actual workouts how much he participates, the first few days is all physicals and meetings, I believe. Perhaps he's smart enough to know that his contract, as important as it is, will have to wait until after the draft to get figured out.

But it is a good sign he's in the building.
Bobby taught him well, DK openly acknowledged that Biddy taught him everything about how to behave as a pro and how to conduct himself in businesses, such as his contract extensions.

In the same breath, DK also acknowledged that Russ taught him how to swim.

Rat

Reaction score
This has been a difficult offseason, but possibly the most encouraging thing has been DK really embracing a leadership role with this team, despite not really needing to. It really goes against the perception that he's all about himself.

I get why there has been so much speculation that he could be available for trade, but I've been saying that if he is (and I still dont think it will) it's not because he was secretly working to make that happen behind the scenes. Unlike a certain image-obsessed former player of ours, who shall remain anonymous, but obvious.

We would really well be served to commit to him now, because he's shown he absolutely believes in the team vision.

GemCity

Reaction score
Folks hate anything that’s different, emotionally charged actions from a player, or seemingly too good. Russell’s wife being an entertainer. DKs hair color. ET giving the finger…etc.

It’s ok. Not a problem. Envy is hard to manage.

You’re probably not wondering or care, but…most folks likely think these people are horrible human beings.

Oh yah…I forgot…get DKs contract wrapped up quick.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Out of all the questions about his character we have heard, he ends up being the WR of his peers in the same contract situation who still shows up. C'mon Pete and John, find a way to keep this guy. IMO if the numbers we are seeing now is what teams are playing top #1 receivers, that's no longer "over-paying" that's just what the market is.

seabowl

Reaction score
Never had an issue with him as all he wants to do is win. With this said it's a contract year for him so he should be on his best behavior.

Jac

Reaction score
I don't understand all the outside chatter that because we're in a rebuild, we should trade him. He's only 24 years old and one of the most uniquely physically gifted receivers in the league. You have to spend your salary somewhere, and it's still a passing league (even if you want to have a great running game to complement). He's a building block.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I was happy to read that Pete and John intend to keep him. I had assumed that they wouldn't. (No particular reason except for cost and trade value.)

In an interview with Kevin Garnett, he said that he wanted to assume more of a leadership role with Bobby gone. Also loved his take on Bobby and hanging out with him every week. I always enjoy these 'behind the scenes' player interactions.

It's probably posted elsewhere, but for convenience, here's the complete forty minute interview:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He is clearly growing up and taking on leadership. A lot of people spent a lot of time blasting the guy. The jealous is strong in a few folks.
I hope he gets an extension, and I look forward to seeing him become one of the best WR's this team has ever had.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It is kind of funny. OTA's and Preseason don't matter when the team has been together for a long time. With a new-ish OC, new Oline coach, and a new QB, OTA's/Preseason become much more important.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The way the cap is going to jump the next several years, just get the extension done now. Especially if it's added on to the end of his rookie deal.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I was happy to read that Pete and John intend to keep him. I had assumed that they wouldn't. (No particular reason except for cost and trade value.)

In an interview with Kevin Garnett, he said that he wanted to assume more of a leadership role with Bobby gone. Also loved his take on Bobby and hanging out with him every week. I always enjoy these 'behind the scenes' player interactions.

It's probably posted elsewhere, but for convenience, here's the complete forty minute interview:

Sounded like Bobby took DK under his wings.

Latest posts