D.K. puts the "me" in Metcalf

jman316

Reaction score
Are we seeing our record-breaking receiver turn into the stereotypical "diva WR" or is he just frustrated along with the rest of us?

I mean, I though that pacifier he uses as a mouth guard was supposed to be ironic... not an actual depiction of his attitude.

Good god, can we just get a do-over for yesterday's game??

PNW

Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s not how the playoffs work, I think he’s frustrated by coaching and play calling. One thing he can control is working on all his dropped balls this off-season.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I don’t want a choir boy at WR. That position needs someone with a GAS (Give a Feces) factor. He was one of the few on offense that exhibited the GAS factor and that was refreshing to see. I want to see more

Fox0r

Reaction score
The minute he jumped into the stands and used the television camera he stepped into T.O. territory and I don't like it.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Actually think we need some fire on offense. You know, like Angry Doug Baldwin. We certainly miss his 3rd-down conversions.

And I'm sure Metcalf was open on many plays, but the problem was Donald and Floyd in the back field all day.

Msfann

Reaction score
I think he gets frustrated because he wants to win. I don't think its directed at the team or anyone else.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
DK was flipping out in the 1st quarter -- right after he himself dropped a pass. I get that he might be upset at himself, but he looked like he was ticked at others. I just don't get what exactly his problem was right then.

I totally agree he needs to work on the dropped balls. He's a physical freak who can make amazing catches-- but then allow a ball that's put right on his hands slip right through his fingers. This has to be fixed.

Elemas

Reaction score
I think he'll get the dropped ball thing under control. I enjoy his attitude and think he's too well mannered and rooted to turn into TO.

He had every right to be pissed and fired up. Just want him to avoid the on-field antics.

He can slam helmets all day on the sideline.

KinesProf

Reaction score
DK was one of the only guys who seemed to care and play with any passion. The Hawks need more DKs.

96 yards and 2 tds , DK was far from an issue.

More fire, not less.

John63

Reaction score
He is frustrated like a lot of the offense are and like we are.

cymatica

Reaction score
Don't blame him. He's probably pissed off at the execution/play calling.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Play calling yesterday was an epic failure. I would have been going off yesterday if I were a player too.

Geologic

Reaction score
It's not DK Metcalfs fault that Russell cant throw a ball to him for his life after November for some reason.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The offensive line had NO FIRE in them.

How embarrassing is it when you are getting ransacked by a front four you’ve seen 2 times a year for the past 6-7 years?

Somebody needed to say something!

It needs to be said, this offensive line is soft!

DK was attempting to instill some fire and passion and just some dawg in them!

I miss the days when Seattle had Robbie Tobeck that had that edge and attitude and a take no prisoners type of guy!

Tobeck brought the attitude!

This offensive line has none!

Or better yet, Jim Mora Jr said it best, need some “dirtbags” on the offensive line, not choir boys!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He is Owens part 2. I will stick to that. I liked owens and I like DK but thats what i see.

Polk738

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":37q2xxqd said:
The offensive line had NO FIRE in them.

How embarrassing is it when you are getting ransacked by a front four you’ve seen 2 times a year for the past 6-7 years?

Somebody needed to say something!

It needs to be said, this offensive line is soft!

DK was attempting to instill some fire and passion and just some dawg in them!

I miss the days when Seattle had Robbie Tobeck that had that edge and attitude and a take no prisoners type of guy!

Tobeck brought the attitude!

This offensive line has none!

Or better yet, Jim Mora Jr said it best, need some “dirtbags” on the offensive line, not choir boys!

It'll be very interesting to see how GB/NO deals with Aaron Donald next weekend because I can just about guarantee he won't be as dominant as he was against Seattle's line, the Rams were scheming to get Donald in one on one situations across the line so it's no wonder when he was going up against the likes of a gimpy Mike Uipati or a rookie guard in Damien Lewis that he was instantly destroying the line.

As far as DK is concerned he should be more pissed off at his stone hands than the team, but I'm sure Jalen Ramsey is really starting to get under his skin.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
hoxrox":1bknfrpk said:
Actually think we need some fire on offense. You know, like Angry Doug Baldwin. We certainly miss his 3rd-down conversions.

And I'm sure Metcalf was open on many plays, but the problem was Donald and Floyd in the back field all day.

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between Angry Doug and DK, especially yesterday.

Doug never cared how many catches he had, so long as the offense was fine and we were winning. DK does care when he doesn't get catches. You can't ignore that, it's been obvious for weeks.

stang233

Reaction score
I am happy with what he was doing. Our OC needs to build a scheme around him. Not use him as a pawn.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jman316":1cvhjelw said:
Are we seeing our record-breaking receiver turn into the stereotypical "diva WR" or is he just frustrated along with the rest of us?

I mean, I though that pacifier he uses as a mouth guard was supposed to be ironic... not an actual depiction of his attitude.

Good god, can we just get a do-over for yesterday's game??

You want a team of alpha players? Deal with the passion. Choir boys don't win jack shit.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If this team was less concerned with good guys and more concerned with winning, we would still have Sherman and would have signed Peters. Our CB would be great now the average we have seen.

Latest posts