Dak Comment

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to read into this if it's a good thing or bad thing for us.

“We’ve won some games in a tough league. But at the end of the day, it’s about the next game, and right now a good Seattle team is coming in. I understand they’ve dropped a couple here recently, but this is a good team and they probably need this win more than a lot of teams in the league right now.”

What I believe he was really saying is "...and they probably need this win more than we do right now.”

bileever

Reaction score
Translation: We're looking past the Seahawks to our rematch against the Eagles the next week. I'm pretty sure that the Seahawk game will be a cakewalk for us.

seabowl

Reaction score
OMG, this is a nothing burger statement. All he was saying was Seattle has lost a few recently, they are a good team, so putting those two together they will really want to win this game.

cymatica

Reaction score
OMG, this is a nothing burger statement. All he was saying was Seattle has lost a few recently, they are a good team, so putting those two together they will really want to win this game.
This

renofox

Reaction score
If we get BAD DAK we have a real shot. Just hasn't been much bad dak this year.
This is Our Last, Best Hope.

Dak has never performed well for an entire season. If we're lucky enough to start the yearly meltdown, we have a chance.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Translation: We're looking past the Seahawks to our rematch against the Eagles the next week. I'm pretty sure that the Seahawk game will be a cakewalk for us.
They'd be fools if that's the case.

Take a look at their remaining schedule: vs. Eagles, at Bills, at Miami, vs. Lions, at Washington. They are still very much in the hunt for the division title and the #1 seed but they have to win the games they're supposed to win. On the other hand, if they lose this game, that will give them 4 losses and drops them deeper into the wild card mix with some very tough games remaining.

They're in good shape for a wild card, but it's still a little too early to be looking at playoff scenarios.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm trying to read into this if it's a good thing or bad thing for us.

“We’ve won some games in a tough league. But at the end of the day, it’s about the next game, and right now a good Seattle team is coming in. I understand they’ve dropped a couple here recently, but this is a good team and they probably need this win more than a lot of teams in the league right now.”

What I believe he was really saying is "...and they probably need this win more than we do right now.”
I think he's actually being straightforward with us. He's right in what he said and he didn't say it in a douche way.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Not saying that this game won't come down to quarterback play, but there are a few other items within the game that I will be looking at:

1 - Will the Seahawk's offensive show any signs of gelling like a real offensive line starting unit should?
In all honesty, I thought they would be more advanced by now, but I'm just not seeing it, and defensive line stunts are a good example. Can anybody name a game (in recent memory) where one of the tackles have passed off a defender to their guard, or where one of the guards have passed their pass rusher to the tackle, so that they could pick up the delayed pass rusher (I can't)?

2 - Will the Seahawk's defensive line finally show any consistent pass rush?
It's looking like the Hawks will be either without Leonard Williams this Thursday, or at least he will likely have limited snaps due to a recent ankle injury. Have the Seahawks developed either Mario Edwards or Myles Adams in any sort of way like say, the Pittsburgh Steelers do? Nope, so maybe we get some mileage out of Frank Clark, but that signing isn't looking real good to me at this point either. If there is a Gawd in heaven, please don't give me anymore Darrell Taylor. There I've said my prayers for tonight, or accurately, my prayers for tomorrow night.

3 - Will our defensive backs please stick to the Dallas receiver's hip pockets like they should?
Recently, all around the opposition's targeted receiver, I've been seeing 4 to 5 Seahawk defensive backs in a spread out circle around them, with none of our secondary defenders in that receiver's hip pocket. This to me is just mind boggling to me! Defenders should be aggressive at all times, yet it seems like our defenders are so uncertain of their roles, that they are afraid to go cover. Could it be that there is a communications gap between the Hawk's defensive backs and their defensive coordinator?

4 - Then there is the Seahawk's offensive third down conversion rate of about 1 in 47 attempts...
About 46 out of 47 third down attempts have been passes that don't work. Hawk's will likely be without half back K-9 for this game, and that isn't good, but how about using DeeJay Dallas a bit more on third and shorts? DeeJay has shown to be more consistent at getting 3 yards rushing than any other back on the team, and no he was not drafted to be a kick returner. DeeJay Dallas is the premier short yardage back on this team, so why not try using him a little bit more in that role?

I'm going to be mad as hell if the Hawk's try throwing the ball 60% of the time and continue to ignore advancing their running game.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think he's actually being straightforward with us. He's right in what he said and he didn't say it in a douche way.

No I agree. I watched the interview. I guess my point was lost. I think he was trying to say the Cowboys don't need the game as bad as the Seahawks do but I loved his work-around (i.e. more than a lot of teams, vs more than us). It was a subtlety I am now realizing was better in my head than posting about it on a fan forum.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Exact right mindset. You can't overlook a desperate team who generally wins more than they lose, regardless of recent history. This is the NFL, and the parity is off the charts.

PeruHawk

Reaction score
This is simply a realistic statement of the reality of the NFL. Stop trying to psycho analyze this. If the coaches could get their heads out of their behinds and played to the strengths of the offensive, On Any Given Sunday......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dak's a front runner for MVP, he's arguably had his best season of his career this year. Especially at home, average margin of victory is 20 pts for the Cowboys.

I guess our silver lining is the fact that the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record. Not all that inspiring with how bad the Hawks have played against good teams. But there you go.