Darrell Bevell.

skater18000

Reaction score
It all makes sense to me now. Bevell is our offenses (and even our teams) greatest weaknesses. He honestly compares to the offenses version of what we had last year in Gus Bradley, because we have lots of talent but limited success for what it's worth. The defense is much better this year with Dan Quin coaching it and the same principles apply to the offense, as it would benefit from having a better offensive coordinator. This isn't me pointing the finger at a lack of success because I think our offense is already good (but clearly not great), but stating that the offensive coordinator is the weakness of our team if there are any weaknesses. If we don't have the best offense in football once we get #11 going, it should be evident as to what is the proplem. Go hawks!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scape goat time.

I suppose Breno Giacomini is injured, so we better milk this Bevell angle dry.

I'd hate to be an offensive coordinator. Zero credit for any good plays or game plans for a team that has won 18 games in 1.5 seasons. All the blame whenever the offense struggles.

hawker84

Reaction score
i question Bevell's calls from time to time, especially last season, but to me it's obvious our offensive problems start on the line, mixed with the fact that we've played some very good D lines missing our starting tackles.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm actually not yet satisfied with our talent level on the offense. We need more solid receivers and another tight end.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I would've like to see Stephen Williams take over. No way we get him now that Blackmon is done.

I'd like to see at least 1 WR than can win 1 on 1 matchups on the outside, so teams can't just stack the box with impunity. Tate's good, but he doesnt' blow guys away.

I'd actually disagree with you on the TE front Montana. I think when we get McCoy back next year, along with Miller and Willson (who should progress, and is showing good progression now) we're going to have a pretty decent 1-3 at TE.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3k8xxnlx said:
Funny, we were canonizing Bevell in here last season when we scored 150 points in 3 games.

Fickle bunch.

I sure as hell wasn't, and I actively disagreed with it at the time. Nobody remembers that though, do they?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I can't fault Bev too much when the OL is playing so godawful. It is negatively impacting nearly every single play, and compensating for such a major problem is not something you can just snap your fingers and do.

Getting mad at Bev under these circumstances is like getting mad at Quinn if the defense was struggling but Quinn was forced to start a bunch of high schoolers on the D line. He'd be limited by that major problem

v1rotv2

Reaction score
It appears to me that this thread is very narrowly focused and the reason is the OP must have a dislike for Bevell. All OCs' make mistakes and those mistakes take on new meaning when your offense is banged up. Here we are 7-1, I'll repeat that 7-1 the best record in Seahawk history at mid season with a banged up Oline and your dissing Bevell. You should be praising him. 7-1 against some of the best defenses in the league. If you want to cherry pick a play here or there and use that as justification for bashing his play calling overall then you have some serious credibility issues.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
V1, if you think Bevell's the reason we're 7-1, you need to put down the crack pipe. I definitely agree that some people are blaming him too much, but saying we should be praising him isn't even debatable in any logical way.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The hysteria over this last game is hilarious. "Fire everyone."

Hey guys, remember that time we gained a bunch of yards and scored a bunch of points against the #2 DVOA-rated defense in the NFL (surprise, that was Arizona) and then Mike Rob and Percy were back in the fold and every Seahawk fan was living in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane? Good times.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9ooc1s31 said:
The hysteria over this last game is hilarious. "Fire everyone."

Hey guys, remember that time we gained a bunch of yards and scored a bunch of points against the #2 DVOA-rated defense in the NFL (surprise, that was Arizona) and then Mike Rob and Percy were back in the fold and every Seahawk fan was living in a gumdrop house on lollipop lane? Good times.
I bet you literally don't even remember, or even ever knew, that some Bevell haters actually called out his play calling in the Arizona game in a good way, do you?