Davis Hsu is suggesting Pete might trade Wilson

hawknation2017

Reaction score
mrt144":2yc3av86 said:
Sgt. Largent":2yc3av86 said:
IrishNW":2yc3av86 said:
Hes got a hidden agenda that he doesn't like RW but to scared to say it directly because he will lose followers. Same with hawkblogger who was all over his nuts on this.

Hsu has admitted many times that he'd prefer a traditional pocket QB, especially on a team that wants to run it's offense through a ball control run scheme.

Let's face it, for as good as Russell is, and at times he's AMAZING. He's an enigma, and a very hard QB to try and build an offense around. Is he worth 25M a year if you're Pete and are still sticking to your stubborn I wanna run the ball 50-60% of the time scheme?

Idk, Hsu makes good points. That was fine when Russell was making 500k a year. Is it still OK when he's now taking up 20% of the cap?

Could we at least see RW separated from Bevell before we go ad naseum about RWs flaws?

:irishdrinkers:

StoneCold

Reaction score
mrt144":2stq64ry said:
Sgt. Largent":2stq64ry said:
IrishNW":2stq64ry said:
Hes got a hidden agenda that he doesn't like RW but to scared to say it directly because he will lose followers. Same with hawkblogger who was all over his nuts on this.

Hsu has admitted many times that he'd prefer a traditional pocket QB, especially on a team that wants to run it's offense through a ball control run scheme.

Let's face it, for as good as Russell is, and at times he's AMAZING. He's an enigma, and a very hard QB to try and build an offense around. Is he worth 25M a year if you're Pete and are still sticking to your stubborn I wanna run the ball 50-60% of the time scheme?

Idk, Hsu makes good points. That was fine when Russell was making 500k a year. Is it still OK when he's now taking up 20% of the cap?

Could we at least see RW separated from Bevell before we go ad naseum about RWs flaws?

I think I would like to see this. And I would add, fix the running game and Russell will be just fine. The problem isn't that Russ is 90% of the offense. The problem is that Russ has to be 90% of the offense.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
There is a zero percent chance of a franchise QB signed to a reasonably team friendly deal in his prime being traded. Coach and OC would change before RW goes anywhere. NFL is a business first and foremost. RW is a marketers dream and generates tons of interest in the team which further drives revenue. From a football perspective, you don't trade away arguably the only franchise QB this organization ever had while in his prime. From a business perspective, you don't trade away one of the more recognizable faces in sports.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":18fjjr5s said:
I think I would like to see this. And I would add, fix the running game and Russell will be just fine. The problem isn't that Russ is 90% of the offense. The problem is that Russ has to be 90% of the offense.

Exactly this^^^

HSU = Holy Shit U (stupid)

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gwujqga said:
IrishNW":1gwujqga said:

I think SeahawksEast said it best - Wilson is simply too valuable to part with. Paul Allen would likely get rid of Pete first.

mistaowen

Reaction score
StoneCold":3ca7xt84 said:
mrt144":3ca7xt84 said:
Sgt. Largent":3ca7xt84 said:
IrishNW":3ca7xt84 said:

And this brings me back to my endorsement of overhauling the offensive staff :lol: Offense needs a spark, new scheme, and a new vision. Don't need to force a power running game with the roster we have, other offenses do fine running the ball with a spread approach, which is exactly the roster we have. Uptempo moments this offense comes to life - 2 minute drill, down 2 scores in the fourth, etc. This approach should be run all game unless they want to get a new wave of road grading OL and find Marshawn 2.0.

Doug Baldwin is nearly unstoppable in space and yet the game plan has devolved into home runs, which isn't his strong suit. Not to say he can't beat coverage for a big gain but relying on him to win jump balls just really isn't his game.

Exittium

Reaction score
You trade Wilson you better have your bags packed and ready to be ran out of town. No way does it happen, let alone IF (out of this world big IF) it happened now not only do you have the shitty Sb call to live with the you get to be known as the coach who made the dumbest decision to trade away your franchise QB

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":vdkw6qs1 said:
Sgt. Largent":vdkw6qs1 said:
IrishNW":vdkw6qs1 said:

I think SeahawksEast said it best - Wilson is simply too valuable to part with. Paul Allen would likely get rid of Pete first.

I agree, I was stating where Hsu was coming from.................and he's not alone.

Go young again on defense, try to build another young nasty defense. Then draft a bell cow RB high and start pounding the rock again. Russell's his best when he's a danger to run and has a RB that scares defenses into biting on the play action.

I would NEVER trade Russell, unless his replacement is already on the roster and ready to go.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3rssmy0d said:
MontanaHawk05":3rssmy0d said:
Sgt. Largent":3rssmy0d said:
IrishNW":3rssmy0d said:

I agree, I was stating where Hsu was coming from.................and he's not alone.

Go young again on defense, try to build another young nasty defense. Then draft a bell cow RB high and start pounding the rock again. Russell's his best when he's a danger to run and has a RB that scares defenses into biting on the play action.

I would NEVER trade Russell, unless his replacement is already on the roster and ready to go.

Short of that we could just add a few more young pieces to the D, Oline and possibly RB (Carson may do) through the draft or trades. I don't think we need to blow it up. We need a few running lanes like Gurley had last Sunday.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What is the likelihood of building that caliber of defense again? The Jags did it but were picking in the top five for five years straight and spent huge money in FA. The Broncos also used FA and had a historic defense while paying PFM tons of money. We don't have a Von Miller though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":b7496oeo said:
What is the likelihood of building that caliber of defense again? The Jags did it but were picking in the top five for five years straight and spent huge money in FA. The Broncos also used FA and had a historic defense while paying PFM tons of money. We don't have a Von Miller though.

You'll probably never be able to build a defense like our 2012 defense again. That's a top 5 defense of all time.

But the blueprint is still there, and Pete and John know how to do it. Question is do they want to put in the time and effort it'll take?

If the answer's no, then maybe it is time to blow this whole thing up. Cause just wishing this over priced core returns to their glory days isn't working.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
adeltaY":3ay1y3xu said:

You have to have a good defense. There's really no way around that. Unless you have Tom Brady.

I don't think you need to have a 2013-2014 Seahawks defense, though, especially given the expense of maintaining it. It'd work with a 2015-2016 Seahawks defense.

Ilinoiseyhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":3cipopu5 said:
He's a blogger who likes to get notoriety by making up sources and having edgy hot takes on things.
This right here! He's a former NFL physician that's trying to stay relevant by giving "edgy" medical insight into player injuries he hasn't personally examined.

"You have to realize, although it appears to be an in-grown toe nail, it could actually be a serious infection and require a leg amputation....maybe both. Tread lightly."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1v2hshwd said:
Hsu? Hsu? Who's Hsu?!
bless you!

Grahamhawker":1v2hshwd said:
Atradees":1v2hshwd said:
We could get three first round picks for Russell Wilson wich we could turn into 23 5th round pick with several trades down and land ourselves one heck of a practice squad.

:irishdrinkers: Very underrated post; cue the slow clap!
Post of the year!

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Ilinoiseyhawk":2qm3dk4d said:
AgentDib":2qm3dk4d said:
He's a blogger who likes to get notoriety by making up sources and having edgy hot takes on things.
This right here! He's a former NFL physician that's trying to stay relevant by giving "edgy" medical insight into player injuries he hasn't personally examined.

"You have to realize, although it appears to be an in-grown toe nail, it could actually be a serious infection and require a leg amputation....maybe both. Tread lightly."

"Hope I'm wrong"

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Trade RW? No. I believe he's grossly underpaid for what his value to the Seahawk offense. There would be no offense without Russell. He is the entire offense. We already have seen the offense without Russell (before he was drafted) and it wasn't pretty.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ilinoiseyhawk":3bqwdyq9 said:
AgentDib":3bqwdyq9 said:

LOL he's not a doctor, he's an economist. Or wait in real estate. Something like that

smashmouth59

Reaction score
You are off your rocker. I refuse to believe this is ending. I am also drunk. I miss my team.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Your topic/thread title and your point are false and weak.

Hsu never once said or suggested that "Pete might trade Wilson "

You might try reading more before making such assertions. For starters, Pete doesn't get to trade anyone.

Davis was merely proposing a thought exercise in which the Seahawks were at a crossroads. Pete's non-waivering philosophy vs. Wilson as a franchise QB.

All you have to do is read and think to know that it wasn't a "suggestion."

MontanaHawk05":1yljbo6e said:
This relies on so many bad, unprovable assumptions, and leaves out so many other mitigating factors (IMHO), that I'm going to encapsulate it in a .gif rather than dignifying it with a link.

Have at it.

(Now he's trying to convince people that Earl has lost his worth.)