DB Marcus Burley from the Colts for a 6th rounder

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hopefully this guy works out. The Hawks do need a player to make up for or at least even-out the mistake of letting Thurmond III go.

cover-2

Reaction score
I like his closing speed, balls skills, and he looks good in support. Ideal nickel CB.
[youtube]ehS3q3uNFRo[/youtube]

Erebus

Reaction score
kobebryant":3sbib0nd said:
Erebus":3sbib0nd said:
Seems strange to give up anything higher than a 7th for someone who is probably going to be cut. This tells me the Seahawks really wanted him and he wasn't likely to be cut.

Hawks are dead last in the waiver order, which while obviously a good thing, means that sometimes they have to trade for guys that they want but don't think will last until their spot in the order.

Yes but giving up a 7th also ensures we get him instead of risking the waiver wire. Giving up a 6th tells me that the Colts weren't going to cut him.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3u9iv975 said:
Hopefully this guy works out. The Hawks do need a player to make up for or at least even-out the mistake of letting Thurmond III go.

Given that the money will be used better elsewhere I don't think it was a mistake getting beat out by a team willing to pay a lot more than we were willing to pay.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NWProSports/status/505832982754516992[/tweet]

Bivens is apparently reviewing preseason video ........ mentions that Colts looked at him in a number of different roles including safety and gunner.

EDIT: Bivens posted that he had Marcus Burley confused with Mike Adams ...... so disregard that tweet.

Jville

Reaction score
Even though Russell Wilson graduated from high school 2 years earlier, I find it interesting that Marcus Burley and Russell Wilson are both from Richmond VA.

I wonder if they knew each other.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
King Dog":16ahz6mr said:
FlyingGreg":16ahz6mr said:
King Dog":16ahz6mr said:
A 6th for a guy who can't stick with the Jags, Eagles, Rams and Colts? I obviously haven't seen him play yet, but sounds like we got fleeced lol

This could be a record...17 mins after the trade is announced and we write him off.

Perhaps he needs our system to flourish.

I'm not writing him off, just surprised we had to give up a 6th for a guy who hasn't been able to stick on anyone's roster as of yet.

6th round picks are rarely impactful and easily recouped, especially the way John Schneider likes to acquire picks.

6th rounders are worth taking chances with.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":18y29jkd said:
I can see John Schneider, looking at this guy, hoping he becomes a stud. If only because he continues to mutter, "Executive of the year. I'll show you executive of the year..."

Yet they give it to Indy for drafting Luck. Idiocy.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
w00t":347xnv7t said:
Erebus":347xnv7t said:
Seems strange to give up anything higher than a 7th for someone who is probably going to be cut. This tells me the Seahawks really wanted him and he wasn't likely to be cut.

didn't we trade our 7 round pick to the raiders for T.P already? maybe that's why they had to give them a 6th.

This guy might play the slot CB

I believe the Pryor trade occurred before the draft, in which case the 7th round pick we gave for him was used this year by Oakland. The 6th we just gave for Burley will be in 2015. We could have given them a 2015 7th but to sweeten the deal and get Indy to pull the trigger we gave them a 6th. And like others have already mentioned, Our 6th is likely to be at the end of the round anyway so it's almost like a 7th.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sb2sgcvx said:
Reading the Colts forum.. They feel he's ok. They aren't calling him a scrub or anything.
That means he's better then what we had, a good trade and remember we coach guys up big time especially defensive backs worth a damn.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Looking at his college highlights, one thing that stood out to me is how he tackles, and is a vicious hitter as well dislodging balls after the receiver had caught it. He's probably the physical slot corner we needed, and great depth if anything.

sutz

Reaction score
MB12":zonzuq9l said:
iigakusei":zonzuq9l said:
My first thought was he can return punts too. Anyone know?

Never even thought about this, but wow that would be interesting with his speed
That's what I thought, too. :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
w00t":20w76qiy said:
Erebus":20w76qiy said:

didn't we trade our 7 round pick to the raiders for T.P already? maybe that's why they had to give them a 6th.

This guy might play the slot CB

Nope it was lastly draft's 7th. But think of it this way the Seahawks are likely to be a top 5 team and a team trading a player for a 7th would want the highest pick it could get for that player. Our 6th round pick is likely to be a late 6th anyway and the team has probably comp picks as well in the coming draft so it makes sense fora 6 the to be traded. Besides who says Burley was going to cut by Indie, he did have a very solid preseason.

Rainger

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2gfcocp1 said:
Lets not forget how little playing time Thurmond had in his years here. He was injured a lot. He was more potential than reality.

Latest posts