DB Steven Terrell signed off practicesquad .... Hill to IR

Northhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1g75dy5q said:
I don't think we'll miss Hill this week. Carolina has major protection issues.

It shouldn't be too hard for a different DT to step up. Hill did most of his damage cleaning up for Avril and Bennett. Dobbs looked good earlier this year.

I worry about interior pressure vs. Dallas if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't.

How is Green Bay's line?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":35y96oxo said:
That's a big blow. Hill has been playing great since Mebane went down.
Hill didn't replace Mebane, Williams did (NT)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DrDix":1fm8za64 said:
Blitzer88":1fm8za64 said:
This hurts, this hurts real bad............. I no longer feel good about Saturday. Hill was a huge reason for our pass rush resurgence.

He really wasn't. Watching the games, it's pretty clear he's benefitted from Bennett and Avril playing better. Most of his sacks have come from others generating pressure and him finishing it. Pete has said as much in his pressers.

Don't get me wrong, he has played very well, but he's certainly not the reason for our pass rush's success.
Pete has not 'said as much in his pressers.' He SAID losing Hill would be 'a big deal' and that he has become 'an integral part if our 4 man rush.' (Post AZ presser). I swear there is some really selective listening and filling in the blanks with what sounds soothing going on here. Wishful thinking doesn't change what he actually said.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1blqsab4 said:
DrDix":1blqsab4 said:
Blitzer88":1blqsab4 said:
This hurts, this hurts real bad............. I no longer feel good about Saturday. Hill was a huge reason for our pass rush resurgence.

He really wasn't. Watching the games, it's pretty clear he's benefitted from Bennett and Avril playing better. Most of his sacks have come from others generating pressure and him finishing it. Pete has said as much in his pressers.

Don't get me wrong, he has played very well, but he's certainly not the reason for our pass rush's success.

That's just it, he was "Finishing" for us. The main difference from the lack of sacks early in the year and late, is that we would get pressure but couldn't finish the play and get the QB on the ground. Hill was able to do that consistently. I'm very sad he won't be able to continue to contribute to the team. Though I think we'll be fine.

I'm excited to see what Dobbs can do.
Exactly! It's all about being complimentary. Hill either flushes plays right or left into our DEs, or cleans up what they can't get to. With his rare combo of size, power and quickness, he was easily able to pickup the moves Bennett was teaching him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":3jz0pdym said:
I don't think we'll miss Hill this week. Carolina has major protection issues.

It shouldn't be too hard for a different DT to step up. Hill did most of his damage cleaning up for Avril and Bennett. Dobbs looked good earlier this year.

I worry about interior pressure vs. Dallas if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't.
My feelings exactly. We need every bit of pressure we can muster (4 man) against those cats.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dobbs was playing out of his mind before his injury and is 100%, we also get Simon, Kearse, and Unger back this week... :179417:

brettb3

Reaction score
[tweet][/tweet]
The_Z_Man":39gefg6u said:
I don't think Carolina can fully take advantage of it...

But going into championship games against Green Bay or Dallas starting 3rd string Interior D linemen, one of whom is long in the tooth -- is a bad bad bad thing.

If this offense gets in it's normal first half punting doldrums, those backup D linemen will wear down, we will be rotating in scrubs that will be easily exploited.

My heart says -- next man up, hawks will overcome.

My head says that NFL teams don't win championships missing 2 out of 3 interior linemen. :(
Dobbs is hardly a scrub. And we have more than 3 interior linemen.