DeAnthony Thomas

Natethegreat

Reaction score
First off ,he is nowhere near as strong as Percy, secondly what position would you play him at?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Holy crap that guy is electric. Him and percy on the same field? Dang.

purpleworld

Reaction score
He'll end up an Eagle as Chip K knows how to use him....but, it would be nice to add his speed!

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3a8t9t42 said:
First off ,he is nowhere near as strong as Percy, secondly what position would you play him at?

Dude is an elite level athlete, he obviously has great genetics, believe me when I say that there's absolutely no logical reason to assume he couldn't put on as much muscle as he realistically wanted. A pro style lifting routine and diet will help him tremendously.

I'm sure he could play situational as a rb/wr/returner. To say you wouldn't spend a 7th on him..yikes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":dtu5mxwi said:
Natethegreat":dtu5mxwi said:

Dude is an elite level athlete, he obviously has great genetics, believe me when I say that there's absolutely no logical reason to assume he couldn't put on as much muscle as he realistically wanted. A pro style lifting routine and diet will help him tremendously.

I'm sure he could play situational as a rb/wr/returner. To say you wouldn't spend a 7th on him..yikes.

This^
Leon Washington anybody?
That kind of elusiveness and speed has real value, especially if you can bulk him up just a little, and then coach him for returns, sporadic trick plays, Special Teams ETC.
I don't know why they call him The Black Mamba, they should have tagged him The Mongoose.

cover-2

Reaction score
If De'Anthony Thomas were to fall to us in the 5th round then I couldn't imagine Coach Carroll passing on him. For me, Harvin is too fragile, he is just too valuable to our offense to be taking hits as a return man. When we return punts/kicks, Harvin should be on the sideline enclosed in glass with a sign saying "break open in case of emergency". I like Tate in the return game, but at this point it is 50/50 he gets re-signed. So De'Anthony Thomas would be our return man that could, in his own way, help the offense by getting closer to the endzone. On our team Thomas could get a few reps a game on offense, but his role with our team IMO would primarily be a kick/punt returner. A dangerous return man helps big time in the aspect of field position, which should not be underestimated. Thomas could be the next Dante Hall, highlight of Hall below (last highlight clip) if you unaware of him.

Here are a some of Thomas's return highlights.
[youtube]T0pQ3RI9Gm0[/youtube]

[youtube]cishNeV9I50[/youtube]

[youtube]tel9icJqF8k[/youtube]

[youtube]xVmdXjd_We8[/youtube]

Dante Hall's return highlights.
[youtube]G6CGXdnArQo[/youtube]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I can see a use for him as another weapon on the field with Harvin..Can you see how much havoc it would be for the D..Wow..In time he would be Harvins replacement no way I can see the cap allowing us to keep Harvin for life of that contract...

sc85sis

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2qfuj8uq said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":2qfuj8uq said:
Natethegreat":2qfuj8uq said:

This^
Leon Washington anybody?
That kind of elusiveness and speed has real value, especially if you can bulk him up just a little, and then coach him for returns, sporadic trick plays, Special Teams ETC.
I don't know why they call him The Black Mamba, they should have tagged him The Mongoose.
Snoop Dogg supposedly gave him the nickname when DAT played in Snoop's youth FB league.

jhern87

Reaction score
Would LOVE to have DAT in Seattle after the draft.. His hands were extremely underrated. The dude seemed to catch everything for most of his career in Eugene. He could be a problem in the slot at the next level.