DeeJay Dallas cryptic tweets

LTH

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing they will cut Dallas just because of his ST contributions at minimum. Plus I LIKE THE GUY!! Damit! LOL

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing they will cut Dallas just because of his ST contributions at minimum. Plus I LIKE THE GUY!! Damit! LOL
Agree here, Dallas' role on ST is important. He's also good in pass-pro. I'm not sure what back would take 3rd down duties now.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For some reason I always hear the Leroy Jenkins voice when they say his name. It just kind of fits. My friends all refer to him now as Leroy and I will be sad if he leaves.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I watched this MAN take off his cleats and hand them to a couple children in the stands while other players simply ignored them.
Not only did he give up his shoes but he took the time to autograph them for the kids.

Sometimes (IMHO) there is more to being a good player/sportsman than the stat line suggests.

He’s the kind of player/celebrity that I can admire.
I’ll hate to see him go, I’ll miss him.

Attachments

• IMG_1849.png
    IMG_1849.png
    596.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they cut Dallas. He can do everything competently. And this team's luck at RB with injuries has been atrocious for years.

GemCity

Reaction score
He’s so charismatic…I’d hate to see him go.

But if our three young horses are gtg…it makes sense.

Such is the business….

I’d definitely keep up with him and see how he’s doing.

seabowl

Reaction score
Too slow for a running back and especially slow for a kick returner. Never understood why he had him returning kicks.

Mick063

Reaction score
There are many attributes that make up a player and some are significantly ignored. Here is one of them:

Situational awareness and self-discipline.

Tell me the last time that DJ Dallas fumbled near his own red zone, caused a penalty that negated a touchdown, taunted the opposing bench to wipe out a first down, fielded a punt inside his own ten yard line, or stepped out of bounds one yard shy of a first down? Yea....that's what I thought. You can't tell me. This just in, unforced errors are a HUGE part of a player's game.

By all means, let's make room for some athletic freak that can't keep his head in the game at crunch time. While we are at it, let's revisit the concept of what "making your teammates better" actually means and tell me who the JAG really is here. Does killing momentum with bonehead mistakes while filling your teammates with self-doubt disqualify a player from "JAG" status, or not? Should such a person ever really be included in the overused "making his teammates better" category? Let me clue you all in. The best way to "make your teammates better" is with situational awareness and self-discipline. It starts with leading by example, by showing the importance of mental maturity. DJ Dallas makes his teammates better.

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
DJ Dallas has done it all, and competently, but not really "special" at any one thing. JAG. I like the guy as a player, but if he's released, it's because Pete sees comparable or better talent for cheaper in the other RBs. It's possible that SaRoderick Thompson showing up in preseason games with better running skills made DeeJay expendable. Or maybe Thompson gets cut too and they'll just go with K9, Charbonnet, and KennyMc. In any case, more talent collectively than Penny/Homer/Dallas/other RB rooms of recent years past. If true, we'll miss DeeJay's all-around contributions.

mj_Hawk

Reaction score
I would miss him as I agree with all that is being said. I think looking at the whole roster and making the decisions that there is probably more up value to loading more on the defense side and taking more bodies there. This is assuming that our other RBs handle their business which I think they will. I'm looking at McIntosh as a bit of a wild card that needs to step up. We know that K9 and Carb will do well (or I feel they will). So, I understand the thinking if he is cut. I'm just saying that I'd rather stack extras in the D secondary or line more.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm not anticipating the release of Dee Jay. He is experienced, has a team personnel role and is easy on the cap. I think 3 running backs would be a little thin for a 17 game schedule plus playoffs.

Latest posts