Defensive Turnovers

dogorama

Reaction score
nanomoz":101e4dqy said:
dogorama":101e4dqy said:
Now we are dissing the defense? That is stepping over the line, this defense is #1 in the NFL in both yardage and points allowed.

Didn't see the OP "dissing" the defense. He just asked a perfectly reasonable question about Seattle being one of only three teams that haven't forced a turnover.

Back on point: a big part of this is slow starts on offense, both in games and in seasons. It seems like you can count on Seattle's offense looking like shit in the first quarter of a season (or more), and in the first two or three quarters of many games. It seems that Pete & Co. either can't correct it, or are totally comfortable with it. Which is both understandable given recent success, and incredibly frustrating.

When the Hawk offense doesn't score points, there's not much pressure on the opposing offense to push the ball down the field.

I am not singling out the OP, the comment was directed at what I saw as a collective criticism that we are not "aggressive" enough. We are currently giving up 250 ypg and 9.5 ppg. That is an NFL record-setting pace.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
dogorama":3monnmmq said:
nanomoz":3monnmmq said:
dogorama":3monnmmq said:
Now we are dissing the defense? That is stepping over the line, this defense is #1 in the NFL in both yardage and points allowed.

Didn't see the OP "dissing" the defense. He just asked a perfectly reasonable question about Seattle being one of only three teams that haven't forced a turnover.

Back on point: a big part of this is slow starts on offense, both in games and in seasons. It seems like you can count on Seattle's offense looking like shit in the first quarter of a season (or more), and in the first two or three quarters of many games. It seems that Pete & Co. either can't correct it, or are totally comfortable with it. Which is both understandable given recent success, and incredibly frustrating.

When the Hawk offense doesn't score points, there's not much pressure on the opposing offense to push the ball down the field.

I am not singling out the OP, the comment was directed at what I saw as a collective criticism that we are not "aggressive" enough. We are currently giving up 250 ypg and 9.5 ppg. That is an NFL record-setting pace.

Against two pretty average offenses. The Rams have yet to score a TD.

dogorama

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":39r4klzb said:

??? They are very good against "average" offenses, that's a bad thing?

The defensive player's job is to do their assignment, jump a route and you don't get the ball? - the receiver is gone, often for a TD. Try to get the ball out of the running back's hands rather than tackling him? - same thing.

Turnovers will come when the opportunity presents itself, this year's defense is NOT the problem.

Edit: But don't get me wrong, I want turnovers too! :lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Largent80":2qhbzpyn said:
This was a topic last year, and so far this year we are of the 3 teams that have ZERO turnovers.

Is that a product of teams running more against us or something else?

The defense has given up only 19 points in 2 games for a 9.5 ppg so far......

2nd place is 24 points and 3rd is 27 and they are both 2-0.

The problem is the offense regardless of turnovers. Dont need turnovers if your D only allows 9 points a game FFS all the offense has to do is score 1 TD and 1FG...is that so much to ask

As another note...only have given up 250 or so yards per game so far too. I have no idea how the defense hasnt exploded against our offense. I would be so pissed at our offense if I was a player on this defense. IMO it is alot of the offenses fault for our Defense not getting turnovers. If our offense did anything to put the other offense in a situation where they actually had to score we might press them into making more mistakes. Every offense against us can be conservative if they only need a FG to tie or TD to win it throughout the entire game.

IDK how many times we had seen our Defense play well into the 4th quarter only for them to "choke" even though the offense did literally nothing and then Wilson comes in for a game winning drive which is about the only offense we see all day. It happens fairly routinely and im sick and tired of watching it

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1ziufmwb said:
Flyingsquad23":1ziufmwb said:
Perspective..... The top two teams in turnovers this year so far have 7,6 and are both....wait for it

1-1, which I believe is the current record of our Hawks. The Giants are 2-0 and have zero turnovers. While they are never a negative they don't always translate to a win/loss. The Hawks will get theirs.
Not disagreeing with this at all, but just chiming in that the Vikings are 2-0 only because of defensive turnovers. Two defensive TDs against Tennessee won it for them as their offense struggled. They then forced 2 Rodgers turnovers against the Pack, the final a game-sealing pick with GB driving and trailing only by 3.
The Vikings remind me of us.

Vikings dominated the Packers offense all game it wasnt just turnovers. They had 4 fumbles and only recovered the 4th one, had a pick towards the end and also almost had another pick when GB was about to score but it was dropped. They were getting after Rodgers all game im surprised he didnt get injured. GB first TD only happened because they got a BS DPI penalty for like 50 yards. In total the Vikings had 13 penalties called on them for 137 yards.

The Vikings should technically be tied 2nd in the league in PPG with 24. The titans last TD was bogus because they got an INT but it was called back because of "roughing the passer" even though he prob got hit after the INT occured. It was 25-10 at that point and they scored with like 20 sec left so the game was allready over.

Bradford and the offense did enough to win though. I mean he almost had 300 yards, had 2TD, 0INt and a 120QB rating. Much better than Wilson managed to do this season.

The defense definately won the Titans game but the game against the Packers both the offense and defense played well.

rjdriver

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2w088dc7 said:
dogorama":2w088dc7 said:
nanomoz":2w088dc7 said:
dogorama":2w088dc7 said:

Actually, the LA Rams haven't scored a TD since 1994.