Depressed? You're Not Alone...

chris98251

Reaction score
Relaxed not depressed, other then seeing the amount of posts daily I am sorting thru. We have all sorts of stuff on the horizon to talk about and stuff. It's a good time to be a 12.

There are worse things, imagine you could be a Cowboy fan :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Far from depressed but definitely bummed the season is over. We could win a dozen in a row and I'd still miss (NFL) football.

The league has never been more popular. Money being made hand over fist. I say we bring in another 20 teams, double the roster sizes and play all year. Killing the NBA in the process.

If nothing else, it would inspire more young people to get off the couch and onto the local practice field. Instead of hearing "your chances are 1 in a million", their chances would be a much more doable 1 in 500,000.

Riley12

Reaction score
As many have said before me - this is a slow burn, enough to carry me well into the next season.

I have several games on the DVR, the SB XLVIII BluRay will be coming after that, and on, and on

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Funny, yesterday around noon I almost started a thread here asking if anyone else had the blues, but I happened to see the link to that on FB right after that, which validated my feelings. Before reading it, I didn't know if I was bummin' because my dad wasn't alive to enjoy the win, because I let my wife talk me into watching the victory parade at Safeco & missing all of the LIVE action, or if it was just because I'm a sad Pisces. Likely a combo of all of the above, plus the stuff mentioned in the article.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm one of those people who's all about the destination and not the journey. I don't get my buzz from being in football season, I get my buzz from success. Only thing that would really depress me is a season like 2009.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
One thing about football, there's always a new season. Free agency, draft, training camp, preseason, next season will be here before you know it, and guess what? We're Super Bowl champs until we aren't!

godawg

Reaction score
Though I am still in a state of perpetual well-being (with silly grin spontaneously appearing at times), I understand how one could be going through something like postpartum depression. I experience that after completing major projects at work. After all the anticipation and work leading up, we have accomplished the great task. Now what is there to do? Plan for the repeat. Like Kearly said, all the chess moves leading up to next year will be interesting, if not fun to watch. Our team just played one of the best games ever played by an NFL team. Next year we might even be better. I think as long as we think in those terms, the afterglow should linger.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'm still soaking in every moment. The full game is being replayed right now on NFL Network.

HawkWow

Reaction score
"Our team just played one of the best games ever played by an NFL team". ~goDawg.

That sentence causes goose bumps.

Still in awe that all this media attention, the accolades and sentences like yours pertain to our Hawks. What a long, strange and sometimes painful trip it's been.

Wasn't that long ago the end of the year was almost merciful.

HawkWow

Reaction score
OK..now I'm depressed. Just turned on NFL network, hoping for some residual Hawk stuff and instead..."A football life: Warren Sapp". Looking for the punch line, I turned it on, but sure enough, it was a show celebrating Warren Sapp. You think I'm kidding. I'm not.

I post this so others don't make this same mistake. Should you see the listing "A football life: Warren Sapp", it's all too real.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont think I will be depressed about not having football around this offseason at all. I am excited for next season, but there is no rush for it to start. I can easily soak in this feeling for the in-between time.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've waited too many years for this not to be completely satisfied. I feel like the cat that ate the canary, fat, dumb and happy.

Aros, remember that great article you wrote after Superbowl XL about the 5 Stages of Grief? I still remember that to this day, it was so well written and hit every note perfectly. That post helped me through the depression and thought of how the world seemed bound and determined not to less us succeed.

Well we are SuperB Owl Champions and we don't have to worry about that shit anymore! There are now too many Seahawks fans around the world for this team to be ignored or looked down upon. For that we have to thank Todd Lieweke, Paul Allen, Pete Carroll, John Schneider, and the Characters on this team that have made a name for themselves across this country and around the world.

From here on out who can ignore larger-than-life players like Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, Red Bryant, Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch, Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, and Malcolm Smith! These are players, along with, to a lesser extent the rest of the team, have worked their ways on to the news cycle, and in to the hearts of NFL fans everywhere. For all the people bitching about Richard Sherman's outburst, there are a hundred thousand more standing up and yelling "Yeah!" "You tell them Sherm!" For all the reporter whining about Beast Mode's unwillingness to be the center of attention, there are a million more saying "You go Lynch!" "Stand up for what you believe in!"

All over the world there are little kids yelling "We all we got! We all we need!" and "Who's got my back? I've got your back!" I don't usually agree with Brian Billick, but he had one very good point he made on NFLN the other day, "In this day and age of the salary cap, winning 1 Superbowl is a dynasty." While I believe we will win at least 2 more, I agree with what he has said, the NFL has become very competitive and even an elite team might have an injury or two that sets it back a year.

But besides our Superbowl win in #48, we have so many characters, from Paul Allen to Marshawn Lynch that make this team a memorable one, one for the ages, and in my eyes, that spells "Dynasty."

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I don't get it. From the pinnacle, there is nowhere to go but down, that much is true. But people coming down from the top of the mountain were just at the top of the mountain, and those people typically aren't depressed. More like exhilarated.

Concern about being depressed after winning the Super Bowl is kinda like complaining about having a low draft pick.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Winning this damned championship has left me feeling so calm. Everything from here until the start of next season is so gravy!' Im very interested to see what Pete and Co. decide to do in free agency, with our draft picks and extending our guys.

This is the best off season of my life and ill be absorbing this more than anything!

:thirishdrinkers: