Derick Hall??? Not a great day for the rooks.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm not being coy.

Honest question.

Did he even play? I don't remember hearing his name one time. I thought I made a point of looking for #58 during the game, but I must have missed it if he played.

Young man has almost the exact measurables as Boye (they were even drafted within a few spots of one another) so I was hoping to see him have some impact.

Overall, not the best opening day for the rookies (on our team that is).

JSN, was OK. Hall, see above. Spoon, out. Charbonet, invisible.

Meanwhile I watched Nacua become the reincarnation of Wes Welker, Zay Flowers having an amazing day, and a pass rusher I won't mention have one the best first starts ever.

Not prematurely dogging on the draft AT ALL, just hoping we see greater contributions from the 23 class very soon, because we need it.

renofox

Reaction score
I think I heard his name the same number of times I heard Dremont Jones name - zero.

Oh wait, I forgot! I did hear Jones called for encroachment.

Jones was a great player who we paid $17M/yr (12th highest paid IDL in the NFL).

Do you think he forgot how to play?

Or maybe coaching has just a teeny tiny bit to do with why our defense has looked like ass for 6+ years?

CPHawk

Reaction score
He almost had a scoop and score, but I think it was blown dead for a penalty

QWERTY

Reaction score
I think I heard his name the same number of times I heard Dremont Jones name - zero.

Oh wait, I forgot! I did hear Jones called for encroachment.

Jones was a great player who we paid $17M/yr (12th highest paid IDL in the NFL).

Do you think he forgot how to play?

Or maybe coaching has just a teeny tiny bit to do with why our defense has looked like ass for 6+ years?

Or maybe the other DL line couldn't help him out.

Scout

Reaction score
Hall was rotated in a bit and the experience for him is valuable. I liked what I saw from Bobo and JSN and Charbonnet had that one long run where he showed some juice.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I'm not being coy.

Honest question.

Did he even play? I don't remember hearing his name one time. I thought I made a point of looking for #58 during the game, but I must have missed it if he played.

Young man has almost the exact measurables as Boye (they were even drafted within a few spots of one another) so I was hoping to see him have some impact.

Meanwhile I watched Nacua become the reincarnation of Wes Welker, Zay Flowers having an amazing day, and a pass rusher I won't mention have one the best first starts ever.

Not prematurely dogging on the draft AT ALL, just hoping we see greater contributions from the 23 class very soon, because we need it.
I'm hoping it's just a case of the rookie jitters and everyone is trying to acclimate to the level of football at the Pro level. That's my hope at least, not saying that the actual case of what pooped out on Sunday. However, we have a tendency to make others teams players look "elite", it's a special skill our team has from time to time. Nacua was a good example on Sunday of being a Hall of Famer like day due to our consistent inconsistencies. Amazing!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Unfortunately a CB we passed on , who seemed to me the most Pete CB ever, did have a great game. Hope our guy gets healthy someday, and is just as good as Gonzalez

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I'm not being coy.

Honest question.

Dre Jones played!
I think he recorded exactly one professional stat, a penalty!

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
So, they didn't all dominate in their first ever game in the NFL? Shocker
C'mon Soul...

What thread you reading?

My OP asked about Hall's snaps (because I'm pumped for him) and then I summarized:

"Overall, not the best opening day for the rookies"

and

"Not prematurely dogging on the draft AT ALL, just hoping we see greater contributions from the 23 class very soon, because we need it."

But translated to Soulfish, that somehow means we are complaining that all the rooks didn't dominate.

We had four picks in the top in the top 52, I was hoping to see them contribute a little more than they did. Hopefully next week.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maybe, but I can't go for that. No. No can do!
You're out of touch... Shake it up is all that Pete knows, using the bodies up as he goes.
Waking up to last in the NFC.
I'm out of time.

Last edited: