Describe what you were feeling with 2 min left

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I was about to throw up. Memories of the last 49ers game and the Cards game. It was just too damn stressful. What a finish.

rjas77

Reaction score
Honestly I really thought we would win. I told the wife we're going to give them the middle if Krapper-pick wants it and when he goes to the end zone we'd either pick it or tip it away. The Niner's really didn't show anything that told me they were going to pull it out, and when I saw Sherman on Crabtree I really thought it was over...

I wasn't worried after we made it a six point game.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I was worried. Yes I said it. I dont know why but how many times have we seen a soft defense at the end of the game. Does Atlanta last year ring a bell, Even the Saints were giving the opportunity to come back. These guys put up 58 minutes of great defense and then play soft (I guess as instructed by coaches). It is very scary to me. Sjerman made a great play at the end but did we even need to be in that position. Someone please explain to me why this is done.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I felt better knowing SF needed a TD. If all they needed was a FG I would have just probably given up hope.

But knowing they had to cross the goal line, I had confidence our D could keep that from happening.

Slick

Reaction score
I turned around and farted on the backs of the heads of the Niners couple that was standing in front of me. Serious. I drank four Total Domination IPAs and ate a Salumi. I swear they were chewing on it.

That and I felt better to watch the last bit of defense clamp down.

Axx

Reaction score
I was nervous but i got REALLY happy when kaepernick through it shermans way.
I just had a feeling sherman was going to do something.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
had the bad feeling we would lose by 1, td, no time left, Krapper the hero...was flipping out really! Whatta game, been a long time since I lost my voice yelling at the tv! No PG language like you have to use at the game either...

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Slick":3jq3dfu1 said:
I turned around and farted on the backs of the heads of the Niners couple that was standing in front of me. Serious. I drank four Total Domination IPAs and ate a Salumi. I swear they were chewing on it.

That and I felt better to watch the last bit of defense clamp down.

Still laughing from this one.

rjdriver

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":hb0eejss said:
I was at the game, so I was better than if I was at home watching on TV. I was just thinking of my nephew (huge hawks fan) as I sat in HIS seat that the family shares......... praying, willing a win. My nephew spent 3 months at Children's Hospital back in 1993, and died 12 years after he received a liver transplant. Another reason I just love Russell Wilson for all he does at Children's.
My niece was there as well, with my nephews ashes.

Is that your nephew in your avatar ZtoL? I'm glad you experienced that moment last night. Thanks for sharing.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
With two minutes left I had no worries. I felt like if we were up by seven we would have given up the TD, but no way did we play all season long to lose by one to the Whiners in the NFCCG. I was at ease with my arms in the air until the pick. Then I broke down in tears!

Go hawks!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I was thinking " Please, throw it to Richard Sherman... he'll end this"

I became a little discouraged after a few passes had the 9ers driving to the 18 yard line. Then Kaepernick threw it to Sherman, I jumped out of my chair, knocking it over, and watch the play unfold before erupting into euphoric roar of jubilation in harmony with all the other cheering fans I was surrounded with at my local bar.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I looked down into my cup holder and realized that my beer was gone.... then looked up and the rest is history

olyfan63

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":24temhnc said:
I was worried. Yes I said it. I dont know why but how many times have we seen a soft defense at the end of the game. Does Atlanta last year ring a bell, Even the Saints were giving the opportunity to come back. These guys put up 58 minutes of great defense and then play soft (I guess as instructed by coaches). It is very scary to me. Sjerman made a great play at the end but did we even need to be in that position. Someone please explain to me why this is done.

The 'Hawks played less man-to-man and more zone coverage in the second half, because of Kaepernick's running success in the first half. I think Pete mentioned this in his post-game press conference. When guys are in man-to-man coverage they are focused on the receiver and can't really see what Kaepernick is up to, can't react as fast if he takes off.

I don't think they played "soft" this time, so much as once the 49ers got to the red zone, there was much less margin for error for the offense, with less field to work with. We had pressure on Kaep on a lot of his throws, plus sacked him a couple times. Kaep and the 49ers (especially their O-Line) are good, give them credit; they made some clutch plays just to get to where they did on that last drive.

It looked like Sherman was in straight man-to-man coverage on Crabtree on the game-winning pick he tipped to Smith. We may have been straight man on Crabtree and Boldin and zone on the other guys, to try to have linebackers in position to tackle Kaep without it being a big play when he runs. Plus the D had to account for TE Vernon Davis too, who runs like a WR. Smith hustling to the play... awesome stuff.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I was in a sports pub that was taken over by the DC Seahawkers called Hamilton's. The place was packed but you could barely hear above the occasional groan except for me chanting a mantra outloud of"pick,fumble,sack" over and over. I was sweating (probably partly due to the booze) and it felt as if it was the longest two minutes of my life.

Brett

Reaction score
I ended up at a local bar in Tacoma for the game last night. It wasn't super full but had many very passionate fans and as the game was going on I was talking with the owner whom I have worked for in the past and my x still lives in his rental. I said Jerry I do not want to be up by 6 we need to be up by 10 and he agreed however we never got to that point on the final 2 min Ii was just screaming for our defense when they got to the 20 or 18 where ever they were I was yelling one more pick one more pick and when sherm tipped that ball..... I dropped to my knees and it was a very slow moment in time we made the pick and the insanity commenced lol WHAT A GREAT FINISH

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There was absolutely no question that the Hawks were going to stop them. I assumed that it would be a pick too. I thought they might get them out earlier in the drive, but the way the pressure was going I could see a pick coming.

Of course that is the ultimate setup for a let down, however when Kaep let go of the ball it was right at us and Sherman was with Crabtree clean. You could easily see that Sherman had position and that it was either a pick or a knock down.

He made an incredible play on the ball, he had the timing down immediately and it was so obvious that he was tipping it to Smith to prevent Crabtree from knocking it out of his hands. Preventing the Niners from getting another chance. It was totally planned and unselfish. When Smith came down with the ball it was an eruption. By far my most enjoyable experience as a Seahawks fan.

The Niners played the hell out of the Hawks last night and gave us all a game for the ages.

Latest posts