Deshaun Watson & Baker Mayfield

Rosco

Reaction score
The point is, everyone is overlooking Baker Mayfield kind of like Tom Brady in the draft. They have yet to unleash their greatness which will happen eventually to Baker Mayfield. Tom Brady got overlooked just like BM. Give him time!!!
There’s no comparison, when Brady was drafted there was no way of knowing what he would be. Baker Mayfield has shown what he is the past few years and he sucks.

OP
OP
GrandTheftMongrel

GrandTheftMongrel

Reaction score
There’s no comparison, when Brady was drafted there was no way of knowing what he would be. Baker Mayfield has shown what he is the past few years and he sucks.
Hold your horses, fella. I find that incredibly disrespect. Some players need time to develop and Baker Mayfield is obviously a slow type. Watch this upcoming season, friend.

W

Welshers

The point is, everyone is overlooking Baker Mayfield kind of like Tom Brady in the draft. They have yet to unleash their greatness which will happen eventually to Baker Mayfield. Tom Brady got overlooked just like BM. Give him time!!!
Baker was the number one pick you dumb troll!!!!

chrispy

Reaction score
I feel like JS currently has the best record in the NFL when it comes to QB decisions. Given his options at any given time, I think he has an enviable track record. I think extending RW3 was the right call at the time. I feel like letting him go was the right call. I think Matt Flynn was the best choice at the time. So was Hasselbeck the year before. Obviously drafting Wilson was correct. It's probably fair to say he should have had a better plan post-Wilson, but that's assuming we know what happens the next couple years. There's a realistic chance this year's QB play is sub-par and he'll have some responsibility for that.

We also know that JS prides himself on "being 'in' on every deal" and that falls through more often than works out. It's a pretty reasonable presumption to think this situation might be on/off/on/off as much as the JClowney rumors for 2 years. I just think I'll wait to hear about the Mayfield-Seattle "fit" from PC/JS instead of a an infant .netter who worked it all out on Madden.

At this point, the Seahawks and Baker Mayfield have as much potential to work out as Kaep, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cam Newton, Jimmy G, Andy Dalton and probably 5 or 6 others. It's also easy to find PC saying he's pretty happy with what he already has in-house. I'm 100% sure that JS has done research on each of those other options and a multitude of other trades (Tyrod Taylor, Daniel Jones...???). If Mayfield ends up in Seattle it's because he's a reasonable option, the price is right, and he's willing to compete for the job- all questionable. I think it's a small chance. Even if it ends up working out, I could see another FA coming in for 4 QBs in camp to compete. Anointing Baker the savior before he has a contract, learns the system, beats out Lock and Geno, makes it through camp, beats out any other cheap FA option... well, it's just silly. ...but so is wearing a rubber dog face to a football game.

I'll only re-visit this issue if there's a contract announced....

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Good luck Jacoby Brissett for the next 3 or 4 years. lol Watson suspension they're saying 3 years if in fact nothing else comes up

Rosco

Reaction score
Good luck Jacoby Brissett for the next 3 or 4 years. lol Watson suspension they're saying 3 years if in fact nothing else comes up
NFLPA isn’t going to let 3 years happen. Worst case scenario Goodall says indefinite suspension, Watson appeals and it gets knocked down to a 1 year suspension.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OP makes a great case for why Baker should remain with the Browns. Pft et al are reporting that an 8 game suspension for watson is looking like the best case scenario. Could be the browns get ammo to void the entire contract. And even if none of that happens, a release probably means he’s going to the Steelers.

All things considered if I were them I’d keep the bm on the roster for this year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Browns will undoubtedly SUCK their way to another high First Round pick in the '23' Draft, where they'll get another high end QB to screw over......AGAIN.

toffee

Reaction score
GrandTheftMongrel, are you in the business of over hyping a player who is desperate to find any home? We're already home for three also ran guys. Any investment on our part needs to be for a guy who can be better than that.
Baker/Lock. Lock/Baker. The only discernable differences between the two is that we already have Lock who has shown a much better attitude.
One could argue that Baker had a better record and more success both in college and pro, when compare to Lock and Geno. My beef is Baker's locker room stuff, not sure if he is the kind of guy that fit the bill as a franchise foundation or face.

Latest posts