Despite injuries / No running Game we're 11-5...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, the Cards didn't "kick our asses" They barely had 200 yards, and lost because Wide Right did his thing.
Not to mention Rawls costing us a drive, and the dropped passes by Willson and P Rich. The Hawks beat the Hawks on Sunday.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The falcons game in no way was a guaranteed win even if Walsh made that kick. I like what HB said on twitter "the goal isn't 12 wins, it's championships." this was not a championship caliber team. The only good team we whipped was the Eagles and as mentioned, Cupp got us the win against the Rams.

You can bring up the close wins in 2013, but we also pantsed a 12-4 niners team, whooped a 10-6 Cardinals team, and destroyed a 11-5 Saints team. Also blew the doors off some bad teams. None of that happened this year. We had an identity there and a much better defense and run game. No comparison.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Because someone doesn't want to just point at one thing (the kicker) that means they are wearing blinders? This team has lost as a team this year. Plenty of blame to go around. And a lot of work to do. But they certainly are not the Cleveland Brown as some seem to think they are. :D

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":craotdrl said:
Because someone doesn't want to just point at one thing (the kicker) that means they are wearing blinders? This team has lost as a team this year. Plenty of blame to go around. And a lot of work to do. But they certainly are not the Cleveland Brown as some seem to think they are. :D

There is no defense for how the offence is run and I am holding PC responsible.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. What good does it do to look at the past? To change what didn't work, and I hope Pete's smart enough to see that. He's so stubborn in so many phases of his coaching that he deosn't adhere to his own mantra.

There were other things that lost us games too, like Bobby Wagner's late hit on the AZ QB. It was 4th down, but he found it necessary to give him a hard shoulder, easy call, automatic first down.

Those of you who find it difficult to carry on an actual conversation of the topic, apparently revert to hyperbole. What good does that do anybody? To me, it was pretty easy to recognize that this post was about how close this team is, and what the future can look like.

But instead, we get posters trying to derail the thread by adding nothing but juvenile remarks. C'Mon man.

Instead of "Fire everybody, and cut everybody (Russell Wilson? Really?), how about evaluating what we do have.

This team was good enough to go at least 11-5. I believe the referees screwed us in the Green Bay game by calling back Naz's INT for a TD on something that happened way behind the play. Part of it was on Avril for pushing the guy, but it was a ticky tack call that imho was from the side, not the back.

What does this mean? For some of you it will only mean "Why are we talking about the past?" Enough with looking for warts, but if that's what you want to do, go for it, just not in every single thread (jokes thread) that you enter.

Here's a quote, "Those who do not learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it."

So Seahawks players, don't make stupid plays that the refs can use to bring a potential scoring play back.

I also agree, that despite his many mistakes this year, that this was one of Pete's best coaching jobs. He suffered through some major injuries early in the season, had no running game, an an aging defense, yet he kept this team in every game but one.

I'm not in the doom and gloom, sky is falling crowd, but there were times in the past when I was, and I don't blame many of you for feeling that way, but try to keep your points "germaine" to the topic, and use real arguments while avoiding hyperbole.

Anybody can throw hyperbole around and make unreal statements. Doesn't take any education to do that. I know the emotion is still there, but let's try respect other's post and tone down the negativity a bit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32pjbj9e said:
Bevell, Cable, Pete,Russ,the players, the crap O Line.......all of it.
:irishdrinkers:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":u7aorw3s said:
Vpk0718":u7aorw3s said:
WITH THE TALENT WE HAVE I want championships, not early playoff exits

With the talent we have had this decade, we should have won more than one championship. The odds should be way better than 1 in 32. But we're being held down by bad coaching.

So would you be content with two?

I would be content with the one we have if the talent wasn't being wasted and the football was entertaining. I don't expect them to win a championship every year. I do expect them to play a full 60 minutes of football every week and develop schemes that take advantage of the superior talent they have (had?)

mrt144

Reaction score
JustTheTip":185vgdad said:
MontanaHawk05":185vgdad said:
Vpk0718":185vgdad said:
WITH THE TALENT WE HAVE I want championships, not early playoff exits

With the talent we have had this decade, we should have won more than one championship. The odds should be way better than 1 in 32. But we're being held down by bad coaching.

So would you be content with two?

I would be content with the one we have if the talent wasn't being wasted and the football was entertaining. I don't expect them to win a championship every year. I do expect them to play a full 60 minutes of football every week and develop schemes that take advantage of the superior talent they have (had?)

Bottom line for me:

I either want the coaches to admit their shortcomings or stop hyping their players. At least publicly. They can do whatever mind games they need to for the player's benefit with the players. I don't need another season of Tom Cable looking like a rank idiot proclaiming an injured bust is the best guard in the league when the evidence shows up fast that he in fact is on the other end of the spectrum.

Along the same lines, I would be content with the team's fortunes if the problems weren't so fricking obvious over such a an extended period of time.

The current state of the team reads like a novel where the hero's journey was completed in Act 2 and Act 3 is a rehash of every stupid mistake our protaganists have made over the first two acts with a few new wallbangers thrown in for effect. Football isn't about crisp narratives but the story of this team is a short rise to glory and then a baffling retreat into incompetence. 2010-2012 gave the hope and notion of progress and momentum - definitely feel like we're completely on the opposite of that now.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mrt144":3aw5t585 said:
Bottom line for me:

I either want the coaches to admit their shortcomings or stop hyping their players. At least publicly. They can do whatever mind games they need to for the player's benefit with the players. I don't need another season of Tom Cable looking like a rank idiot proclaiming an injured bust is the best guard in the league when the evidence shows up fast that he in fact is on the other end of the spectrum.

Along the same lines, I would be content with the team's fortunes if the problems weren't so fricking obvious over such a an extended period of time.

The current state of the team reads like a novel where the hero's journey was completed in Act 2 and Act 3 is a rehash of every stupid mistake our protaganists have made over the first two acts with a few new wallbangers thrown in for effect. Football isn't about crisp narratives but the story of this team is a short rise to glory and then a baffling retreat into incompetence. 2010-2012 gave the hope and notion of progress and momentum - definitely feel like we're completely on the opposite of that now.

Couldn't have said it better. Agree very much with everything.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
As Bill Parcells correctly said, "You are what your record says you are." The Hawks were 9-7, not 11-5, because they weren't good enough on offense and defense to overcome a couple of missed FG's. There isn't a team in the league that can't change two plays and add 2 wins to their total. What do these rationalizations ultimately mean? Absolutely nothing. As previously noted, you could just as easily reverse two plays that DID go our way and we'd have been 7-9.

The reason the Hawks went 9-7 is not because of Blair Walsh. The Hawks went 9-7 because they were a 9-7 football team.