Dez Bryant

Cyrus12

Reaction score
wont happen but fun to talk about i guess...develop norwood and p rich...keep baldwin...replace kearse..yes fitz would look good in hawk blue for a couple years. need someone to return punts and kicks. walters is not the answer.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If people don't think Dez would fit this offense they are crazy. He is exactly what Pete wants/needs. A big physical receiver who almost always wins when contested and is a red zone monster. I don't think they can afford him but Pete would be doing backflips if he could make it work. This offense does need a legit #1 big target. Why do you think they tried to trade Harvin for Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron? Pete wants help for Wilson.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Donk70":2gqx8idb said:
If Dez ends up being a FA in 2015, do you think the Seahawks will go after him?

He's not going to be a FA, and in the imaginary scenario in which he would be a FA, the Hawks wouldn't go after him.

He's going to be the highest paid WR in the NFL. The Hawks have people to resign.

Unless everything falls apart (and I don't think it will) Percy Harvin will be the last blue chip trade/FA addition for the Hawks for quite some time.

You guys will be looking at end-of-market FAs, and occasionally mid-tier FAs to fill specific holes (e.g. Beathea on the 9ers this year), which is what good teams do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":28jvfwki said:
The question I pose to you is: If Carroll doesn't prioritize the position, why the hell do we keep paying big name wide receivers?

I answered your question, Harvin was a "special" case due to his dynamic style of play.......and Rice made half of what Dez would command.

Either way, ain't gonna happen. No way in hell Dallas lets Bryant get to free agency.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Here's a report from 105.3 The Fan, a local radio station in Dallas about all those stories that came out about Dez.

FYI, Dez's name was not on these reports. Bryant was on one call and Bryant alone.

The harassment 9/4/2011
This was of somebody at the address receiving text, "we can make this stop." The Police were called to get a hold of the person to tell them stop. Again, the person "AT" the address received the text

The baby
Police were called for the baby being locked inside. Dez Bryant nowhere listed on the report.

Burglary 6/2/2013
The call was made by a Johnson. The house was broken into while he was asleep while the house was dark. The burglar left thru the garage window. Dez's name nowhere on the report.

A neighborhood patrol incident was called in.
The radio guy called in to cross reference it. The Cowboys were in NY playing the Giants this day. Dez was playing in this game.

So yeah.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Would the Hawks be interested in this guy? I'm sure they would be interested but making his contract fit might be tough.

It'd be nice and is elsewhere being speculated upon but somehow I doubt it. The team got burned on Harvin and has been on a 'develop your own guys' general approach to WRs otherwise.

Next offseason some really interesting decisions are going to have to be made at WR, RB, OT, OG, OC, DT, CB, TE. The team will do whatever it feels is necessary to improve the collective team but somehow I think even though Pete would naturally want Bryant here that making him fit under that cap would be unlikely. I suspect it will depend upon how much the cap increases.