Did Arizona recognize our play calls

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dave Wyman mentioned something to that effect. IIRC it was "They were calling the perfect plays on defense, it was almost like they knew our calls." ( let me make this clear, Wyman did NOT say their defense actually knew our plays. He was indicating that they were really on it.

In Russell's post game presser, he said something similar. Indicating that Arizona was matching their plays very well.

I wonder if there's an OLineman who gives away plays by his stance, or something similar?

Couple of games ago, KJ said they recognized the opposing team's plays by down, distance, and formation. I

That makes one wonder if there's some defensive plays that are easily recognized?

Either way, if you're going to put Jamarco Jones on an island against one of the best pass rushers in the league, then they need to change things up and go with some quick releases.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marsh, Sweezy and Hundley all recently here, they could have had a lot of insight in film rooms for our alignments on both sides of the ball.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
ivotuk":in7sof4l said:
Dave Wyman mentioned something to that effect. IIRC it was "They were calling the perfect plays on defense, it was almost like they knew our calls." ( let me make this clear, Wyman did NOT say their defense actually knew our plays. He was indicating that they were really on it.

In Russell's post game presser, he said something similar. Indicating that Arizona was matching their plays very well.

I wonder if there's an OLineman who gives away plays by his stance, or something similar?

Couple of games ago, KJ said they recognized the opposing team's plays by down, distance, and formation. I

That makes one wonder if there's some defensive plays that are easily recognized?

Either way, if you're going to put Jamarco Jones on an island against one of the best pass rushers in the league, then they need to change things up and go with some quick releases.

I don't think so. LOL. But it is absolutely stunning to me that Arizona is 5 - 2 AT SEATTLE in their last 7 tries. That's just stunning to me. A bad team like Arizona can play you like that consistently at your house. Almost no other team in the league can claim to do this well at Seattle. Somehow they just really have your number or match up very well against you. I don't even know why? On paper they should not be able to be 5 - 2 in their last 7 tries at your house. That just doesn't make sense. I don't know how they do it. You are clearly the better team. They are the lessor team. But somehow they match up with you.

:?

John63

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2jw1e793 said:
ivotuk":2jw1e793 said:

I don't think so. LOL. But it is absolutely stunning to me that Arizona is 5 - 2 AT SEATTLE in their last 7 tries. That's just stunning to me. A bad team like Arizona can play you like that consistently at your house. Almost no other team in the league can claim to do this well at Seattle. Somehow they just really have your number or match up very well against you. I don't even know why? On paper they should not be able to be 5 - 2 in their last 7 tries at your house. That just doesn't make sense. I don't know how they do it. You are clearly the better team. They are the lessor team. But somehow they match up with you.

:?

That's what happens when as PC says it "were going to do what we do". When was the last time you saw more than 1 or 2 new plays? Unlike most teams who game plan to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses, we just do what we do per PC.

northseahawk

Reaction score
My 7 year old son knew our plays before they are played out, let alone a nfl team!

We cant be anymore more predictable. Our shit play calling, no creativity, no change of pace, no screen passes, sweeps. Just stupid run-option plays where the qb never keeps it and dumb long developing pass plays ending up in sack after sack!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
northseahawk":2y8xvxb3 said:
My 7 year old son knew our plays before they are played out, let alone a nfl team!

We cant be anymore more predictable. Our $h!t play calling, no creativity, no change of pace, no screen passes, sweeps. Just stupid run-option plays where the qb never keeps it and dumb long developing pass plays ending up in sack after sack!
Sad but true.

Jville

Reaction score
Nike Holmgren is another winning Seahawks coach who told reporters "we're going to do what we do ......... ".

Mike Holmgren and Pete Carroll are what their record says they are ....... winners.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":wr9hnbzb said:
Nike Holmgren is another winning Seahawks coach who told reporters "we're going to do what we do ......... ".

Mike Holmgren and Pete Carroll are what their record says they are ....... winners.

"Nike" Holmgren had an offensive line that could back up his claim.

If Russ had that oline we'd have 4 Lombardi's in the case.

Jville

Reaction score
A coach is what their record says they are. :D

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":3rfygkd0 said:

Hard to dispute that.

Pete Carroll 143-97-1 .595
Jim Harbaugh 44-19-1 .695

Jville

Reaction score
Seymour":yi8t3nrj said:
Jville":yi8t3nrj said:

Hard to dispute that.

Both winners with Pete Carroll at 100-44-1 in Seattle since his return to the NFL.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":187k6prc said:
Jville":187k6prc said:

Hard to dispute that.

Well Pete did have to start from scratch and didn't have a microwaveable roster at the ready like Harbaugh.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":mzljr65s said:
Seymour":mzljr65s said:
Jville":mzljr65s said:

Hard to dispute that.

Well Pete did have to start from scratch and didn't have a microwaveable roster at the ready like Harbaugh.

So it can be disputed then? ;)

I get it, but Hairbag also had Alex Smith and Krap to work with as well.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seymour":2tp1u3h1 said:
chris98251":2tp1u3h1 said:
Seymour":2tp1u3h1 said:
Jville":2tp1u3h1 said:

Hard to dispute that.

So it can be disputed then? ;)

I get it, but Hairbag also had Alex Smith and Krap to work with as well.

Greg Roman is doing OK in Baltimore right now and Vic Fangio is a halfway decent DC from what I hear. Asst coaches matter too.

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":sz6so3cn said:
Jville":sz6so3cn said:

"Nike" Holmgren had an offensive line that could back up his claim.

If Russ had that oline we'd have 4 Lombardi's in the case.

^ without a doubt

xray

Reaction score
Every opponent knows the Hawks offensive plays by now...not a mystery .

Subzero717

Reaction score
Either Tony Romo is the most brilliant football mind of the century or its not really that unfathomable to think it happens more often than not and execution is a much larger factor.

The other thing is if the did recognize our plays and it was an issue why didnt we recognize that and audible?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":21ot8lvu said:

We cant be anymore more predictable. Our $h!t play calling, no creativity, no change of pace, no screen passes, sweeps. Just stupid run-option plays where the qb never keeps it and dumb long developing pass plays ending up in sack after sack!
When ALL of our starting RB's went out, and the O-Line was at 40 % efficiency, the playbook got dumbed down A LOT.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":nu7hzspm said:
northseahawk":nu7hzspm said:

Sad but true.
But Chris told me we are too injured to be creative, so this can't possibly be true.

Latest posts