Did Cable get too cute with Sweezy experiment?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":32deupiu said:
I have no problem with those being the reasons that we continue developing Sweezy and put him in the game for certain situations or for random complete drives, but like I said, the timing to have him start and play significant minutes just seemed off to me. For all of Moffitt's supposed deficiencies, we were running the ball at will in the latter part of the season and Russ seemed to be getting pretty good protection. We gave Sweezy a chance to show his stuff in the regular season finale, and the results were pretty disastorous.
Yes, but Sweezy kicked ass in the SF game. He competed, and I am pretty sure that is where Pete would say he earned a bigger opportunity.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Put this with playing Trufant in the "wtf coaches???" Box.

However there's a lot of info we aren't privvy to, so who knows...

seahawks08

Reaction score
Scottemojo":34iyyw4k said:
DavidSeven":34iyyw4k said:
I have no problem with those being the reasons that we continue developing Sweezy and put him in the game for certain situations or for random complete drives, but like I said, the timing to have him start and play significant minutes just seemed off to me. For all of Moffitt's supposed deficiencies, we were running the ball at will in the latter part of the season and Russ seemed to be getting pretty good protection. We gave Sweezy a chance to show his stuff in the regular season finale, and the results were pretty disastorous.
Yes, but Sweezy kicked ass in the SF game. He competed, and I am pretty sure that is where Pete would say he earned a bigger opportunity.

I agree, Sweezy had the quickness and a monster game again SF. I think he will learn things faster through experience.