DJ Reed - I like this guy

Elemas

Reaction score
He put in a great performance. He did get burned in the RedZone but, that was partially due to him slipping and trying to defend that big ass tight end (was it Arnold? That cat is 6'6).

He just brings a certain energy to the D. Much like Ryan Neal.

Led the team in tackles this last game....hoping to see more.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Both of those dudes played great and have earned their place on the roster, IMO.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Once Griffin gets back he should 1000% stay a starter on the outside.
The Flowers experiment is over, he has zero confidence and is so timid and out of position all the time.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
iigakusei":2drijj3b said:
The Flowers experiment is over, he has zero confidence and is so timid and out of position all the time.
Granted he's been up and down...but to say he has zero confidence is crazy, I mean...he DID hold Hopkins to 50 yards receiving and NO touchdowns. Doesn't that count for something?

keasley45

Reaction score
RockinHawks":3gyd4422 said:
iigakusei":3gyd4422 said:
Granted he's been up and down...but to say he has zero confidence is crazy, I mean...he DID hold Hopkins to 50 yards receiving and NO touchdowns. Doesn't that count for something?

I actually think flowers has played better the last two games since he's been playing what looks like more press / man or 'masked' zone.

Reed definitely brings an energy that the D needs, something Griffin lacks.

hawk45

Reaction score
The two corners out there played NFL starting cornerback games. That was really something.

Griffin and Dunbar have talent and resume but what I do not want is griffin or Dunbar at less than 100%. We saw that with Dunbar and it was awful.

Flowers and reed played themselves into our team being able to take it nice and slow with injury recovery for the starters and I hope the starters actually have to compete themselves back into the positions when they return to ensure health.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Reed's scrappy and plays his ass off, but he's not a true outside CB, he's too small and fits into the slot much better.

But give him credit, he played very well last night, with some tough matchups. But long term? No, I don't want to see him on the outside.

Polk738

Reaction score
RockinHawks":wk7xi35o said:
iigakusei":wk7xi35o said:

Is it?...his tackling is awful and he's terrified of getting beat deep even on stick routes. I re watched a couple of the plays an he's backing up even as Hopkins was breaking towards the sideline-the guy is terrified of his own shadow. I seriously can't remember the last time Flowers even broke up a pass because it feels like he's in another time zone whenever the receiver makes a catch. I think the 50 yards is more a result of the pressure on Murray and his throwing shoulder being a little banged up-you can see how wobbly some of his throws were after that one sack he took.