Do u remember our last 2 games against a #1 seeds ?

seahawksny

Reaction score
captSE":1iss5xco said:
HawkRiderFan":1iss5xco said:
One nice thing....if you think the early start on the East Coast is a factor, both those game were 10 am Pacific time starts. This one isn't.
Right on.

Also, the Hawks have a belief that games are won in the 4th quarter as part of their coaching. While this may be true I think it also makes them lax in the first quarter because they can play harder in the 4th quarter. The Hawks need to get back to jumping on them right away! Lets get some points right off like we did against Denver.

This..
And the reason why I don't think we win.
We've seen this too many times. Exhibit a and b were games against atlanta and Carolina aa mentioned

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":29j8s4sn said:
The Seahawks have fared well in the morning games this season. They beat the Jets this year in an early game. That's the only early game I can recall. I think they played the Saints, Bucs, and Packers in an afternoon game. They didn't do well in those - all road losses. Hopefully that is now changed since it's playoff time.

Saints was early. Correct that the Bucs and Packers were late.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What I remember about both of those games, besides the big deficits, were the scoring opportunities in the first half that were frittered away (especially the ATL game) that eventually cost the team in the end.

I do worry about that same slow start this saturday

evergreen

Reaction score
First half fieldgoals. Take them! Each game it could've been the difference.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1vbt1ggf said:
Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.

Except those two times just mentioned by the OP when the leads were out of reach, and thus ended our Hawks season. Albeit the first one then was lost by the defense in the final 30 seconds. But one could argue had the Hawks not started off so poorly, perhaps they wouldn't have needed to claw back and may have even blew that game open. Take the lead early and the game can actually play the way the Hawks want to play. Run the ball, burn clock, keep the defense off the field, control field position etc. Find yourself in the hole early, now you can't do any of those things and it's one dimensional, pass plays to save clock and score quick to hopefully catch up.

fuego

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":377a719t said:
evergreen":377a719t said:
It's 2:30 et.
Uh...No. It's 4:30 est. My time zone. The guide on my DVR confirms this. I just set up for the recording today.

The 2:30 EST FOX is posting is the start of the pre game show.

irocdave

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hcy3kt6 said:
Will some people EVER learn that no lead is out of reach with Wilson under center? We have seen them come back so many times.
Except for the last game for the Hawks last year, and the SB loss the year before and then their was that loss in the playoffs to Atlanta a couple of years before that. Except for THOSE games and maybe the miracle against the Packers in the NFCCG a couple of years ago that will never be duplicated, YEA! Don't forget the hawks never lose with RW under center!!

Cmon man, take it in stride, not with your chin out.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just going by memory but even though you automatically think Julio and Roddy White for the Falcons that year, I seem to remember Michael Turner just gashing the D in the first half I think our run D is better that thtat one was. Even though we aren't overly happy with our pass rush, we didn't have much that day. That was before Avril and Bennett, Irvin was a rookie and Clemons got hurt in the Redskins game and didn't play.
That team had Gonzales at TE and didn't he get a TD that game?

Of course on the other hand this Falcon team is playing better offensively and has the 1-2 punch in the backfeild. And the no Earl factor is huge.

pcbball12

Reaction score
irocdave":1gleprmx said:
SoulfishHawk":1gleprmx said:
Except for the last game for the Hawks last year, and the SB loss the year before and then their was that loss in the playoffs to Atlanta a couple of years before that. Except for THOSE games and maybe the miracle against the Packers in the NFCCG a couple of years ago that will never be duplicated, YEA! Don't forget the hawks never lose with RW under center!!

Cmon man, take it in stride, not with your chin out.
Someone hopped up on a high horse tonight eh?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
?
I'm just pointing out that this team comes back in games with regularity. Would love for a faster start obviously, but I just don't give up and assume the game is over, that's all. I like our chances, won't be surprised either way.
Atlanta is a hell of a good test, but that D is pretty suspect. What has happened in the past has ZERO to do with how they will play on Saturday. Hawks just need to be the better team on Saturday.